Windows 10: Mic very quiet and has static when speaking on Xbox app.

Discus and support Mic very quiet and has static when speaking on Xbox app. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to talk to friends in a party chat on the Xbox app on Windows 10. The mic I am currently using works perfectly fine on my Xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by blurryfaced, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Mic very quiet and has static when speaking on Xbox app.

I have been trying to talk to friends in a party chat on the Xbox app on Windows 10. The mic I am currently using works perfectly fine on my Xbox console and also when plugged in to my iPhone, but for some reason when I join a party on my PC, the volume of my voice is very low and there is a constant static. I have tried increasing the volume of my mic, increasing the boost, changing from CD quality sound to studio quality, and many other things, but nothing has fixed the problem. In fact, most attempts only made it worse. Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

blurryfaced, Aug 19, 2018

2. Xbox app mic issues?

Im havinf the exact same problem! I have been for a few months.

I used to use party chat in the windows 10 xbox app all the time and suddenly all that happens when i join a party is everyone hears a unbearable loud static.

happens even with no mic plugged in. As soon as i join.

Frustrating not being able to party chat.

I tried the above suggestions and still have tge same problem.

only change to my computer are the updates it runs when available.

CarolineGoodyer, Aug 19, 2018
  3. aBMW323i Win User
    Mic on the Xbox App of my Windows 10 Laptop not working.

Just want to start off by saying I'm having the exact same issue as you are. In the xbox app whether I start a party or join another my mic appears to be fire alarming those in the party and the static/loudness makes them either throw their headsets off
    or just leave the party. I also have tested my microphone(s) through other applications on my pc from twitch calling to skype to messenger... All of which work properly with no static. The Xbox App is the only app that is causing this issue for me as well...
    I've done everything besides reverting to a previous restore point in windows. May have to try that and see how that goes... Until then I hopefully await either better suggestions or a solution to the problem as well as you are the only other person I've seen
    with the issue

aBMW323i, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Mic very quiet and has static when speaking on Xbox app.

Mic on the Xbox App of my Windows 10 Laptop not working.

While playing non-backwards compatible games on my Xbox 360, I like to use the Xbox app on my laptop to talk to my friends. Today, when I joined a party to talk to them, they all had to throw the headsets from their heads because of a horribly loud static
    noise coming from me. I tested the mic on a voice recorder app, and based on the recording, the mic and the laptop are not the issue. How do I fix this?

Moved from: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Games

JordanLahiff, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Mic very quiet and has static when speaking on Xbox app.

1. Mic very quiet and has static when speaking on Xbox app. - Similar Threads - Mic very quiet

2. Quiet Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quiet Mic: My mic is working, just when I record myself, I can barely hear. I've tried everything I can but its not working. can someone please help find another solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quiet-mic/1d6e0992-df14-49c5-b077-2ae1eadfae28
  3. Quiet Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Quiet Mic: My mic is working, just when I record myself, I can barely hear. I've tried everything I can but its not working. can someone please help find another solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quiet-mic/1d6e0992-df14-49c5-b077-2ae1eadfae28
  4. Mic Very Quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Very Quiet: I recently reformatted my computer, and since then I've been having mic issues. It commonly just doesn't connect to whatever voice platform I'm using teams, discord, voip in games. When it does pick up, it's very quiet. I've already turned my mic audio up in control panel,...
  5. Mic Very Quiet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic Very Quiet: I recently reformatted my computer, and since then I've been having mic issues. It commonly just doesn't connect to whatever voice platform I'm using teams, discord, voip in games. When it does pick up, it's very quiet. I've already turned my mic audio up in control panel,...
  6. Mic Very Quiet

7. Very loud static from my mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very loud static from my mic: Windows 10 decided to randomly delete my audio driver, so i had to reinstall. My laptop is registering my headset but i cant hear anything other than extremely loud static when i go to test my mic in discord. How can i fix this? submitted by /u/Notorious_KEK [link]...
  8. Mic very quiet

Mic very quiet: My mic only picks up when I put it right next to my mouth and talk right into it. Is there any way you have a fix for this? I have downloaded the Realtek audio drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-very-quiet/669b0829-a4aa-4b97-9461-f3c82adc07bf
  9. Mic too quiet when plugged into xbox controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic too quiet when plugged into xbox controller: My mic is way to quiet when plugged into my xbox controller. Ive checked the levels for the mic, check my headset and tried 2 different computers, so it has to be either the controller or the drivers. Any idea? submitted by /u/MJM247 [link] [comments]...
  10. Xbox App Mic Too Quiet

Xbox App Mic Too Quiet: When I use my headset with the Xbox app on the PC for Xbox party chat everyone complains that I am too quiet. I know it's not the headset as I use this headset when i am on the Xbox itself and I don't get any complaints....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox pc app mic static

2. xbox mic static

3. xbox app mic static

4. xbox app static mic,
  5. xbox app mic volume,
  6. if my xbox app is really quiet what do i do,
  7. xbox app mic static pc,
  8. xbox one mic is quiet unless put to my mouth,
  9. mic very quiet and static windows 10,
  10. when talking my headset sounds quiet to people xbox one,
  11. mic on xbox app on pc quiet,