Windows 10: Mica effect not updating/refreshing

Discus and support Mica effect not updating/refreshing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The mica effect on my apps' titlebar, the settings app, file explorer, etc. are not updating when the background image updates slideshow. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CJ Sakwa, Feb 22, 2024.

1. CJ Sakwa Win User

Mica effect not updating/refreshing

The mica effect on my apps' titlebar, the settings app, file explorer, etc. are not updating when the background image updates slideshow. I have tried updating my graphics card driver, but that didn't work. The specs are: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.78 GB usable Device ID AF4F2346-AB2F-4073-9E63-C31149533B7E Product ID 00330-80209-30756-AA435 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch points Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated.

:)

CJ Sakwa, Feb 22, 2024

2. Lock Screen Fade to Desktop Effect Not Working

Hi,

Before we assist you let us know few details,

• Did you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• Have you created any system restore point on your computer?

As initial troubleshooting steps I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Update & security >
    Windows Update > Check for updates.

We suggest you to try changing the visual effect setting. To Change your Visual Effects Settings in Advanced System Settings refer the below steps,

• Press Windows logo key+ X

• Click on Control panel

• Select System and Security

• Click on System

• And select System protection

• Select Advanced tab and click on
      Settings

• Now select the option Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer
      option.

And check if this helps to resolve the issue.

Hope this information helps with best visual effect on your device.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Feb 22, 2024
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Feb 22, 2024
  4. Mica effect not updating/refreshing

Win10 Email refresh?

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search type Mail app.

• In top right corner you will find a refresh button

• Click on refresh button and check if it sync with the account

If the issue still persists I suggest you to provide us the screen shot of the issue.

Please let us know if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

Mica effect not updating/refreshing

1. Mica effect not updating/refreshing - Similar Threads - Mica effect updating

2. Mica/transparency effect has a weird black/desaturated bar at the edge of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mica/transparency effect has a weird black/desaturated bar at the edge of screen: A somewhat annoying issue I have on my PC is that any app that has the Mica transparency effect either first party like the settings app, Microsoft Word, File Explorer or third party like Arc browser has a black line at the right edge of my main monitor I have 2 and seems to...
  3. Mica/transparency effect has a weird black/desaturated bar at the edge of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mica/transparency effect has a weird black/desaturated bar at the edge of screen: A somewhat annoying issue I have on my PC is that any app that has the Mica transparency effect either first party like the settings app, Microsoft Word, File Explorer or third party like Arc browser has a black line at the right edge of my main monitor I have 2 and seems to...
  4. Mica effect not updating/refreshing when background and accent color change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mica effect not updating/refreshing when background and accent color change.: The mica effect on my apps, such as Settings, File Explorer, Paint, and some apps' title bars is not refreshing/updating. I tried running sfc /scannow and updating the graphics driver but none of those worked. Specs are: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz...
  5. Mica effect not updating/refreshing when background and accent color change.

Mica effect not updating/refreshing when background and accent color change.: The mica effect on my apps, such as Settings, File Explorer, Paint, and some apps' title bars is not refreshing/updating. I tried running sfc /scannow and updating the graphics driver but none of those worked. Specs are: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz...
  6. Mica effect not updating/refreshing

Mica effect not updating/refreshing: The mica effect on my apps' titlebar, the settings app, file explorer, etc. are not updating when the background image updates slideshow. I have tried updating my graphics card driver, but that didn't work. The specs are: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20...
  7. Mica in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mica in File Explorer: Hi,I faced a RAM issue with Chrome and had to restart my PC. After that it was ok, but the file explorer no longer has Mica and looks like the Windows 10 version of File Explorer....
  8. Mica in File Explorer

Mica in File Explorer: Hi,I faced a RAM issue with Chrome and had to restart my PC. After that it was ok, but the file explorer no longer has Mica and looks like the Windows 10 version of File Explorer....
  9. update side effects

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update side effects: Some weeks ago my headphones stopped working. I assumed they were defective and perhaps they are. My on-board audio still worked fine. Then, two days ago I discovered that I had no audio at all. No audio devices, no sounds possible. I surfed a little and read that a...
  10. windows updates and refresh

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows updates and refresh: Windows updates have been failing on my computer for some time. Error codes include: 0x80070652 0x80070002 0x80240034 0xc1900101 0x80070643 The update goes through its long process, almost finishes and then backs out (see list below which shows some of the failed...