Windows 10: Micro-Stuttering After Days of Power-On Time

Discus and support Micro-Stuttering After Days of Power-On Time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For the most part, I finally got Windows 10 to work, except I have a micro-stuttering problem after just a few days of power-on time. I also have a WD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by HoneycombWX, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Micro-Stuttering After Days of Power-On Time

For the most part, I finally got Windows 10 to work, except I have a micro-stuttering problem after just a few days of power-on time. I also have a WD My Cloud on my home network, so I'm wondering, does backing up to cloud storage have a negative impact on my system performance?

:)

HoneycombWX, Jul 20, 2016

2. Extreme stuttering on games/apps for some seconds with High-End-PC

Are you experiencing "thermal throttling"?

Micro Stuttering from running a balanced power plan.

Micro Stuttering from running a balanced power plan!!

Is everything set up properly in Bios?

See if this helps

USB 3.1 And NVME

Smittychat., Jul 20, 2016
  3. Stuttering in Windows 10 with 'Better Performance' on Aiplane mode

A recurring problem with my HP Spectre x360 running a fully patched and updated Windows 10.

When on battery...

if I am connected to the internet, laptop works fine.

If I am in airplane mode or lose internet connectivity then laptop begins to repeatedly stutter, lag, micro-pause for 1 second every couple of seconds.

This does not start immediately but occurs after a few minutes of normal operation.

However, if I move the slider in Power Mode (on battery) from 'Better Performance' to 'Best Performance' the stutters go away.

So... stuttering occurs only when in airplane mode (or without an internet connection) when the laptop is in 'Better Performance' mode.

I have disabled the 'Allow windows to turn this device off to save power' setting for the Wifi adapter so it should be always on.

What is Windows disabling or slowing down to cause the stutters when in Better Performance with no internet connection, that it isn't doing in Best Performance with no internet, or in Better Performance with internet?

It looks like it is being too aggressive in power conservation when no internet is available.

What can I configure to prevent the stuttering? In Windows Power Settings there doesn't appear to be the ability to configure Better and Best or to investigate the difference. The only configuration options are between battery and on AC power?

Thanks

C_J_Foster, Jul 20, 2016
Thema:

Micro-Stuttering After Days of Power-On Time

1. Micro-Stuttering After Days of Power-On Time - Similar Threads - Micro Stuttering Days

2. PC micro stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC micro stuttering: My pc has micro stuttering in almost every game, and sometimes i feel like its not smooth even in browser, and i feel like its not giving me the right performance id expect from that pc basically a lot lower fps then the normal, gta 5 lags so much basically no reason, and it...
  3. PC micro stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC micro stuttering: My pc has micro stuttering in almost every game, and sometimes i feel like its not smooth even in browser, and i feel like its not giving me the right performance id expect from that pc basically a lot lower fps then the normal, gta 5 lags so much basically no reason, and it...
  4. micro stutters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    micro stutters: hey guys, i am experiencing micro stutters when watching videos when i enable hardware accelerating in google chrome, firefox and microsoft edge. If i turn hardware acceleration off in all 3 browsers, my videos play flawlessly. it's 2021 and there should not really be any...
  5. Micro stuttering

in Windows 10 Customization
    Micro stuttering: Hey, so I keep getting this micro stuttering issue in Windows 10 every 30-60 seconds or so, it lasts usually for 2-5 seconds and then repeat, issue is the same whether I am sitting with 1 screen connected at desktop with nothing open or playing games with chrome open watching...
  6. micro-lags micro stuttering

micro-lags micro stuttering: Depuis la derniére mise à jour de windows 20h2 190042.985 mon ordinateur souffre de micro lags toutes les minutes sur les vidéos internet, sur lecte-ur et en jeux vidéo .J'ai pour l'instant effectué juste une réparation de windows et le probléme est toujours présent....
  7. PC is micro stuttering after reset........

PC is micro stuttering after reset........: Recently, when I switched on my laptop, it got stuck in the log in loop and I tried everything but it didn't work so I used my other laptop to download a windows 10 file from the official site and used BIOS to boot from the drive, and it completely reset the laptopI had...
  8. Micro Stutter after windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Micro Stutter after windows update: I am experience micro stutter in the windows 10 environment with typing and mouse movement. Not audio as I use a USB audio interface. I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and Radeon 5600 XT I have tried sfc scan, different peripherals and many other tweaks to try to address it including a...
  9. Micro Stuttering in windows

Micro Stuttering in windows: This week I started experiencing some micro stuttering in a few games of mine I play regularly and thought it was a game issue but after leaving the game I kept having the same problem. I thought it might have been a monitor issue but it happens on all 3 of my monitors and it...
  10. Micro stutters?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Micro stutters?: I got a Dell g7 7588 with a 1060 max q. I just re-installed windows 10 . On my desktop I get small micro stutters, like small hitches in mouse movement. I also record music and those hitches transfer to my recording, thus why I need this fixed. My laptop thermals are...