Windows 10: Micron_1100_mtfddav256tbn ssd self encryption or not

Discus and support Micron_1100_mtfddav256tbn ssd self encryption or not in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi , ive been searching for information on whether this drive is SED . I bought the ASUS Zenbook UX310UA which has a 256 GB micron SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tamo, Aug 25, 2017.

1. tamo Win User

Micron_1100_mtfddav256tbn ssd self encryption or not

Hi , ive been searching for information on whether this drive is SED .
    I bought the ASUS Zenbook UX310UA which has a 256 GB micron SSD (MICRON_1100_MTFDDAV256TBN)
    As far as I can see this drive is self encrypting but how do I know . I have downloaded micron ssd software suite but there's nothing about encryption on the GUI

I thought I'd put this out here to see if anyone has knowledge on this .

Apologies if this is in the wrong place .

Thanks

:)

2. NikNakkUK Win User

Anniversary Update freezing with storahci issue even after clean install and with 1607 update

Unfortunately changing to the Intel driver for AHCI doesn't fix the problem. To make matters worse, it also prevents BitLocker from working in hardware mode with my self-encrypting SSD. Note the original problem happens with or without BitLocker.

I'm also using current NVIDIA drivers.

NikNakkUK, Aug 25, 2017
  3. DaShek Win User
    unable to access WD Elements 2TB portable SSD on Windows 10 due to self encryption

But I don't know how is was encrypted in the first place. I didn't encrypt it. It self encrypted itself. But is that even possible?? I thought bitlocker could only be used to encrypt drives on the pc not portable hard drives.

Please help

DaShek, Aug 25, 2017
  4. Micron_1100_mtfddav256tbn ssd self encryption or not

Caledon Ken, Aug 25, 2017
  5. tamo Win User
    Thank you Ken I will check this out .

6. tamo Win User
    In the BIOS there is a field under security " microsoft AES > ENABLED /DISABLED .

Thanks for the links but most of this is way over my head .

7. tamo Win User
    Correction : In the BIOS there is a field under advanced " Intel AES -IN> ENABLED /DISABLED "

I don't know if this is anything to do with the SSD .

More research required on my part it seems . Whats the point in having self encryting SSD if we dont know if its actually encrypted . nothing on Asus or micron community on this .

8. tamo Win User

9. Cool. Good luck with your adventure. Make sure you read and follow sections on backups and key management (or words to that effect.)

I would walk through different disaster scenarios and determine how you will be able to get access, like what if motherboard or power supply dies.

Encryption is great, just have to know how, as owner, to undo.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Micron_1100_mtfddav256tbn ssd self encryption or not - Similar Threads - Micron_1100_mtfddav256tbn ssd self

2. Recover bitlocker encrypted FOLDER from SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover bitlocker encrypted FOLDER from SSD: Hello - running Win7 Ultimate on SSD. During boot-up, shows Windows logo then black screen with frozen cursor. Spent hours trying to repair - Windows repair disk fails during repair. Decided to just recover files and re-install with Win10. When using another computer WIN10...
  3. Mandatory access control for self encrypting disk partitions LUNs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mandatory access control for self encrypting disk partitions LUNs: I want to use a self encrypting disk on windows with at least one encrypting partition. I want to restrict access to the encrypted partition to a single service account. I think that the partitioning should be pretty automatic with the windows disk management tool but I am...
  4. BitLocker encryption on Internal SSD drives?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker encryption on Internal SSD drives?: I always enable BitLocker so that the ENTIRE SSD DRIVE is encrypted. My question is, does it really matter if I turn on BitLocker encryption before or after adding my data onto the Internal SSD drive of my laptop? I also use TPM with pre-boot PIN. 177028
  5. Did trim works with encrypted ssd drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Did trim works with encrypted ssd drive?: Hi did trim works on Ssd encrypted drive? Windows 10 Pro os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-trim-works-with-encrypted-ssd-drive/aef53eab-e9e4-45d3-b2e2-93bc5b240c4d"
  6. Can bitlocker encrypted on it self!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can bitlocker encrypted on it self!: Hi. I have SSD drive that encrypted on it self without permission! , By mistake i disabled the secure boot on the BIOS then the device require the recovery key !!! But how is that i don't even set up the bitlocker! Thanks...
  7. Microsoft Security Advisory for self-encrypting drives

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Security Advisory for self-encrypting drives: Microsoft published the security advisory ADV180028, Guidance for configuring BitLocker to enforce software encryption, yesterday. The advisory is a response to the research paper Self-encrypting deception: weaknesses in the encryption of solid state drives (SSDs) by the...
  8. Flaws in self-encrypting SSDs let attackers bypass disk encryption

in Windows 10 News
    Flaws in self-encrypting SSDs let attackers bypass disk encryption: Researchers at Radboud University in the Netherlands have revealed today vulnerabilities in some solid-state drives (SSDs) that allow an attacker to bypass the disk encryption feature and access the local data without knowing the user-chosen disk encryption password. The...
  9. Seeking advice on SSD partition encryption, or container encryption

Seeking advice on SSD partition encryption, or container encryption: A laptop with a 512GB SSD, partitioned into (about) C: 125GB (for Windows) and D: 375GB Windows 10 x64 Pro. Data files, such as those of Office 365, will be stored on the D-partition. I would like to have that partition encrypted/password protected. After booting Windows and...
  10. Unwanted SSD Encryption

Unwanted SSD Encryption: My laptop has a Crucial MX100 SSD. Recent erratic system behavior (apparently malware) forced action. I first did a Reset. The problems persisted. So I backed up user data and performed a clean install. However, the problems soon reappeared. So I sanitized the disk and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdd-0 password for Micron_1100_MTFDDAV256TBN

2. solido micron_1100_MTFDDAV256TBN

3. micron 1100 mtfddav512tbn hardware encryption bitlocker

4. Micron 1100 MTFDDAV256TBN (SSD),
  5. micron 1100 mtfddav256tbn firmware update,
  6. micron 1100 self encryption