Windows 10: Microphone and recorder disappeared after loading ms 10

Discus and support Microphone and recorder disappeared after loading ms 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have no sound on my computer. I have no way to record, and Cortana did not set up. The message box said that the wizard did not set up. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Marilyn, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Marilyn Win User

Microphone and recorder disappeared after loading ms 10

I have no sound on my computer. I have no way to record, and Cortana did not set up. The message box said that
    the wizard did not set up. I have a Toshiba Satellite E305-1995 w/windows 7. I cannot get sound from any place.
    And I do not like Windows 10 at all.

:)

Marilyn, Aug 9, 2015

2. Cortana responds to "Hey Cortana" but then refuses to recognize the microphone for anything else.

The problem is NOT the microphone: As I explained, every other app on the computer - including MS Voice Recorder - recognizes the microphone. Volume Mixer and Recording Devices both report the microphone as the default device. The problem lies with Cortana.

kerbekerbe, Aug 9, 2015
  3. JayStrain Win User
    Built-In Laptop microphone disappearing from recording devices list, have to uninstall driver and restart to get it back.

As the title says, when i right click the sound icon and click recording devices, my laptop microphone does not show up. I can solve this temporarily by uninstalling the Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) driver and restarting, but it will always disappear again
    after some time. Is there a way I can make sure it never disappears?

JayStrain, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Microphone and recorder disappeared after loading ms 10

1. Microphone and recorder disappeared after loading ms 10 - Similar Threads - Microphone recorder disappeared

2. Recording Microphone Static

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording Microphone Static: So I am using a Dell Inspiron 3000, windows 11. My input device is currently Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Tech for digital mics. When I speak into the mic, static always comes out, and the audio is fuzzy I tested it with playback, when I play video games with friends...
  3. Recording Microphone Static

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording Microphone Static: So I am using a Dell Inspiron 3000, windows 11. My input device is currently Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Tech for digital mics. When I speak into the mic, static always comes out, and the audio is fuzzy I tested it with playback, when I play video games with friends...
  4. MS Jigsaw loads for 2 seconds then disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Jigsaw loads for 2 seconds then disappears: Just upgraded my PC new desktop gaming machine and downloaded MS Jigsaw..I can see it splash and then disappear. Have installed, uninstalled used the troubleshooter, rebooted and still the same problem disabled norton, same problem did all the windows updates, same...
  5. Microphone not recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not recording: My microphone was not working and I reinstalled windows and audio drivers. When I speak the icon shows movement indicating that sound is being sensed, but nothing records in voice recorder, skype of other program. Troubleshooters have not found a problem....
  6. Recording from microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording from microphone: I am trying to record my screen to show how to fill out a form. I am needing to have my voice recorded at the same time. I have an external microphone plugged in. I use window alt R and make sure the microphone is on. However the first many attempts no audio recorded. My...
  7. Microphone will not record

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone will not record: the microphone in my speakers is not working. I have insignia speakers don't know the technical name that play audio just fine. However, when I try to voice record our sons school work & then playback...nothing. I feel like the answer is super simple, like wrong port...
  8. voice recorder microphone

voice recorder microphone: voice recorder microphone not working, is asking to add an external microphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recorder-microphone/1ff40f41-7afb-4ea8-a80c-841077ec7860
  9. Earbuds with microphone not recording.

Earbuds with microphone not recording.: I'm beyond frustrated. I plugged in my earbuds this morning and was able to record and take calls. Come back at night and it does not work anymore. I have run every troubleshoot option on the default microphone troubleshooter, my privacy setting are on for the microphone and...
  10. Problem with recording microphone

Problem with recording microphone: My PC is using internal microphone for recording purposes and not the microphone on headphones. Headphones are working fine and checked it on another PC. I've also tried setting up the microphone. I also reinstalled the audio driver. I got to know this after listening to the...