Windows 10: Microphone boost option not showing in Windows 10 sound options

Discus and support Microphone boost option not showing in Windows 10 sound options in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using the on-board sound from my GigaByte GA-Z97X-UD3H (rev. 1.0) motherboard GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-Z97X-UD3H (rev. 1.0)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Floob, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Floob Win User

Microphone boost option not showing in Windows 10 sound options

I am using the on-board sound from my GigaByte GA-Z97X-UD3H (rev. 1.0) motherboard
    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-Z97X-UD3H (rev. 1.0)

and in the Windows 10 (same issue in Win7) control panel I dont get the "Microphone Boost" option shown here:

Microphone boost option not showing in Windows 10 sound options [​IMG]

I just get the general volume level option shown at the top.

Any ideas how I can get the boost option?

:)

Floob, Jul 12, 2016
  2. sd_648 Win User

Microphone boost option missing from bluetooth microphone

I have a bluetooth speaker/microphone.

The microphone sound levels are so low, I can barely be heard.

If I go to sound --> recording --> select the device --> properties --> levels

The only option is a 1 to 100 scale. There is no 'microphone boost' option that would normally show up.

How do I get the microphone boost option back? I can't find any specific drivers from the manufacturer. Windows thinks no drivers are needed, just the default bluetooth drivers.

Windows troubleshooter is no help. It just sets devices as default, but does nothing about the sound levels.

My intended usage is to set the sound out to my headphones, and just use the mic on the bluetooth device. That way, there should not be any feedback issues etc.

Thanks for any help

sd_648, Jul 12, 2016
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    Microphone boost option missing from bluetooth microphone

Hi,

Microphone boost option helps in improving low level sounds. Since you are not getting that option, kindly click this

link
    and follow the steps provided by _Daniel_S_ on June 3, 2016.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Jul 12, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

You need to install the driver package for the sound device. Check the Motherboard mfg website for their driver. If it is a Realtek chipset, you can get the updated HD drivers from Realtek

bro67, Jul 13, 2016
  5. Mystere Win User
    Audio features depend on the chipset and drivers installed. Not all of them will have a mic boost.

Mystere, Jul 13, 2016
  6. Floob Win User
    Thanks very much for the pointers.

So its possible I wont be able to get the mic boost at all?

The annoying thing is, that when I use my Elgato software the mic happily captures at a good volume level without issue, using the controls in that software.
    When I use Bandicam, its just really quiet unless I put it really very close to my mouth, a lot of people seem to get around this using the "boost" option which I dont have.

I have tried the Realtek drivers on the GigaByte site when I had windows 7 and it didnt make the boost appear - perhaps I should try the ones from the Realtek website directly.

Its a shame that the Bandicam software wont capture volume in the same way Elgato does.

Floob, Jul 14, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    FWIW, I only get the boost option when using a headset.
    I know using boost with a desktop mic could create some terrible feedback.

Edwin, Jul 14, 2016
  8. Floob Win User

I just tried a cheap $10.00 microphone here:
    Mibia M001 The #1 Rated Deluxe Wireless Microphone System, Lavalier Can be Used on all Phones, Karaoke, YouTube, Studio; Computers; Lapel Dynamic Mic Noise Cancelling Microphone: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments

and it shows the boost option!

I'm a bit confused why that one will give me the boost option, but the Snowball ICE product wont

Is it because the Snowball is USB and the other is using a 3.5mm jack?
    Or is it because the drivers used for the different products are different, and the Snowball just isnt allowing the boost?

Floob, Jul 14, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    Are you plugging it in the front or rear jack?

bro67, Jul 15, 2016
  10. Floob Win User
    The snowball is in a USB port at the back, the cheap mic is in a front 3.5mm mic jack.

Floob, Jul 15, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    Try unplugging the Snowball Mic and plug the other mic in the rear jack. What Driver version is it showing in Device Manager for the two Mic's? Also what Audio driver does it show in Device Manager that you are running?

bro67, Jul 16, 2016
  12. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Jul 16, 2016
  13. Floob Win User

I unplugged the snowball and plugged the other mic in the back, it still shows the levels option when I do that

Here is the Snowball ICE settings

Here is the standard Mic

and here is the driver

Floob, Jul 16, 2016
  14. Floob Win User
    Floob, Jul 16, 2016
  15. Kbird Win User
    Try installing the Audio Drivers from the Manufacturer , looks like C-Media from Pics for the Mic and the Realtek Drivers for the Soundcard as I see Windows 10 default Drivers etc from Windows Update , no idea if it will help but it maybe just the generic M$ Driver doesn't have all the features?

***Edit: Actually I would say to make sure of MB Revision and update all the Win 10 drivers for your board including the Chipset > 1st and the ME Driver 2nd then the other ones down the list.

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microphone boost option not showing in Windows 10 sound options - Similar Threads - Microphone boost option

2. Audio-I no longer have access to microphone boost option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio-I no longer have access to microphone boost option?: I am on windows 11. On the 10th, I moved from home to a new place. When I plugged in my headphones to talk to friends, they complained that it was very quiet. When I looked into it, I found I no longer have the microphone boost option in "levels". My headset is razor...
  3. Audio-I no longer have access to microphone boost option?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio-I no longer have access to microphone boost option?: I am on windows 11. On the 10th, I moved from home to a new place. When I plugged in my headphones to talk to friends, they complained that it was very quiet. When I looked into it, I found I no longer have the microphone boost option in "levels". My headset is razor...
  4. Ready boost option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ready boost option is missing: Hi, I am Anand. At starting ready boost had normally worked in my pc but after taking the pen drive out of my pc it, and re-inserting it again it stopped working and Iam using windows 11. It is not even showing me the ready boost option...
  5. Microphone boost option missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone boost option missing: Hi Recently i started having this problem with my Bluetooth headphones. I use ms teams for my calls & whenever i connect my Bluetooth headphones it gets connected & i am able to hear everyone..but my voice is not reaching them...they cant hear me. I did troubleshooting &...
  6. Microphone Sound Boost Option Not There

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Sound Boost Option Not There: I recently ordered two sets of headphones for my wife and I. The headphones did not work at first, but I figured out her pc just needed me to use the boost microphone option in addition to bringing up the volume to 100. However, my newer pc does not have the boost option and...
  7. Microphone levels can't be adjusted. No Boost option either

Microphone levels can't be adjusted. No Boost option either: Windows 10 has been so aggravating with this, and I've yet to see a resolution that works from the community. I have a Rig 800hd headset usb/bluetoothed to my computer. I have tried to raised the mic level so others can hear my when I stream or play games with groups but it...
  8. No boost option for mic

No boost option for mic: So I got a new mic today and when I went to the properties for it I only saw a slider for volume and nothing for boost, it is a microphone that connects to the pc via usb and does not need a driver to be installed. Could someone please help me out here I don't really know how...
  9. Windows sound settings update - option to boost microphone removed?

Windows sound settings update - option to boost microphone removed?: I have noticed after the recent updates that The dialogue box for sound settings is changed, specifically 'Device Properties' Under the microphone. Previously with 3.5mm jack/built-in microphones there was the option to boost the microphone by I think up to 30 dB in...
  10. No "Microphone Boost" option in Windows 10

No "Microphone Boost" option in Windows 10: Hello. As the title suggests, I am missing the "microphone boost" option on Windows 10. I had it previously with my SB Audigy sound card but after I made a switch to the X-fi Titanium, it has vanished. (All drivers are up to date). Confused by this, I switched back to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 microphone boost missing

2. microphone boost not showing windows 10

3. microphone boost windows 10 missing

4. no microphone boost showing,
  5. windows 10 microphone boost,
  6. no boost option for mic in windows 7,
  7. mic boost option not showing,
  8. miriphone boost for windows 10,
  9. blue microphone boost not showing,
  10. mic boost setting are missing on windows 10,
  11. what is windows 10 what is microphone boost,