Windows 10: Microphone cuts out when it's to quiet.

Discus and support Microphone cuts out when it's to quiet. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My microphone cuts out when it's to quiet. I can fix this problem by turning my microphone levels all the way up. But then my microphone sounds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NathanNGC12, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Microphone cuts out when it's to quiet.

My microphone cuts out when it's to quiet. I can fix this problem by turning my microphone levels all the way up. But then my microphone sounds distorted. Anyway to fix this without making my mic sound distorted?

My microphone is an Excelvan BM-800 being plugged into an InnoGear 1- Channel 48V Phantom Power Supply.

:)

NathanNGC12, Aug 13, 2018

2. Windows 10 problem - microphone too quiet.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Pleas follow the steps to run Microphone troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in search.
    • Open it and click on view all on left side.
    • Find Recording Audio and run it and check if it helps.
    One more thing I would suggest you to check in program and features if you have any sound or recording application installed by Lenovo.

If yes I suggest either disable it or remove it and check if it helps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, Aug 13, 2018
  3. my microphones are quiet

i have a Okeyn Condenser Sound Microphone [Noise Cancellation] USB Stereo Mic + Desktop Stand + Sponge Cover for PC Mac Laptop Skype Recording, Gaming, Singing and Video Chat Plug and Play.
    i am trying to record a song on audacity, but its being temperamental and quiet any suggestions??

JustinSchmitt, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Microphone cuts out when it's to quiet.

Microphone keeps going really quiet

I've had a problem for a few months now, where my microphone 'randomly' becomes really quiet for a reason i don't know. I first noticed the problem in discord, but its also been occurring with other applications so its not a Discord problem. it goes quiet
    for a random amount of time, before reverting back 2 normal, only for a few seconds, which makes it almost impossible to talk to people with.

I've tried a few things. Such as:

• Updating audio drivers from device manager.
    • Turned off all of the 'Exclusive Mode' options
    • boosting my microphone to try and counteract going quiet (didn't help)
    • buying a brand new headset. (The ARCTIS 3 - Arctis 3)
    if anyone can help, it would be very appreciated as its been bugging me for a while now. Thanks

(also, i'm using windows 10)

jack o'shaughnessy, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Microphone cuts out when it's to quiet.

1. Microphone cuts out when it's to quiet. - Similar Threads - Microphone cuts quiet

2. microphone cuts in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone cuts in and out: hello,i have a corsair void rgb elite, i just purchased a new laptop with windows 11, but the problem is that when im using desktop apps my microphone cuts in and out every second. when i use an app store application the microphone works fine and does not cut in and out. ive...
  3. microphone cuts in and out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone cuts in and out: hello,i have a corsair void rgb elite, i just purchased a new laptop with windows 11, but the problem is that when im using desktop apps my microphone cuts in and out every second. when i use an app store application the microphone works fine and does not cut in and out. ive...
  4. Microphone cutting in and out

Microphone cutting in and out: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 running Windows 11 Home. I have been in S mode since I bought the laptop less than 3 months ago however needed Zoom for my job, so had to leave S mode.I am using a Razer Seiren Mini microphone for my job. I've only had it a couple of weeks. It's been...
  5. Microphone cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone cutting in and out: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 running Windows 11 Home. I have been in S mode since I bought the laptop less than 3 months ago however needed Zoom for my job, so had to leave S mode.I am using a Razer Seiren Mini microphone for my job. I've only had it a couple of weeks. It's been...
  6. Microphone cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone cutting in and out: Someone please help. I have tried every single solution for fixing my microphones problem of cutting in and out. Its like my microphone input volume turns itself down in set intervals.It doesn't matter which mic i use, including the built in mic on my laptop. All the apps i...
  7. Microphone cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone cutting in and out: Someone please help. I have tried every single solution for fixing my microphones problem of cutting in and out. Its like my microphone input volume turns itself down in set intervals.It doesn't matter which mic i use, including the built in mic on my laptop. All the apps i...
  8. Microphone cutting in and out

9. Audio cuts out when using microphone

Audio cuts out when using microphone: I am having a problem with my audio. Any time the microphone is active all audio cuts out except for the app using the microphone. I am using the integrated microphone, and can't test it out with any others at the moment. I'm just stumped, I can't figure it out....
  10. Microphone keeps cutting out

Microphone keeps cutting out: This issue has only just started recently. Whenever I speak into my microphone it only plays bits and pieces of what I'm trying to say and it's really frustrating. I am required to speak through google meets for my job and my colleagues can't hear a full sentence of what I'm...