Windows 10: Microphone delay

Discus and support Microphone delay in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i recently got a Wireless USB Logitech G533 and the playback is about half a second late when i have the listen to this device checked in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alarask, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Alarask Win User

Microphone delay

i recently got a Wireless USB Logitech G533 and the playback is about half a second late when i have the listen to this device checked in the microphone properties. But, when i am just sitting in Sound properties looking at my recording devices there is no delay. Does anyone have any solutions other then just to keep the sound settings open?

:)

Alarask, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 14, 2018
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone delay

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Microphone delay

1. Microphone delay - Similar Threads - Microphone delay

2. Microphone randomly gets input delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone randomly gets input delay: Hello, I just upgraded my pc with a new motherboard and CPU. I did a fresh install of Windows and installed all my drivers. After all of this, and after using my computer for a while I notice that my microphone has a whole second delay on it. I found a temporary fix by...
  3. Microphone randomly gets input delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone randomly gets input delay: Hello, I just upgraded my pc with a new motherboard and CPU. I did a fresh install of Windows and installed all my drivers. After all of this, and after using my computer for a while I notice that my microphone has a whole second delay on it. I found a temporary fix by...
  4. Keyboard Input Delay When Using a Microphone Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Input Delay When Using a Microphone Windows 11: So recently i was playing Valorant with my mic but when I enable access riot games to use my microphone my keyboard has an input delay, when I'm not in a call or using my microphone, my keyboard turns out fine. I am using Windows and I have no clue how to fix this problem....
  5. Keyboard Input Delay When Using a Microphone Windows 11

Keyboard Input Delay When Using a Microphone Windows 11: So recently i was playing Valorant with my mic but when I enable access riot games to use my microphone my keyboard has an input delay, when I'm not in a call or using my microphone, my keyboard turns out fine. I am using Windows and I have no clue how to fix this problem....
  6. Microphone Causing Input Delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Causing Input Delay: Whenever I use my microphone to record, or chat with friends on discord and I play Minecraft Bedrock, I always notice input delays keyboard, mouse, etc. It is very annoying because it only happens in bedrock, and no it's not because of 1.16.200. I do play on bedrock 1.18, but...
  7. Microphone Causing Input Delay

Microphone Causing Input Delay: Whenever I use my microphone to record, or chat with friends on discord and I play Minecraft Bedrock, I always notice input delays keyboard, mouse, etc. It is very annoying because it only happens in bedrock, and no it's not because of 1.16.200. I do play on bedrock 1.18, but...
  8. Microphone delay when using headphones/earbuds while teaching a class

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone delay when using headphones/earbuds while teaching a class: The pandemic is forcing me to teach from home again this semester. I teach five two-hour classes a week on Zoom. I want to use earbuds instead of speakers to listen which lecturing. The problem is the microphone is delayed a second of two from real time, so it is too...
  9. Microphone playback delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone playback delay: Hi, I just bought a new USB microphone for my windows 10 PC. It works fine, however, I'd like to listen to myself while I record. I've followed all the steps to listen to the microphone, but there's a pretty noticeable delay in the audio. How do I fix the delay? There's also...
  10. RDP Microphone delay in calls

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP Microphone delay in calls: I use RDP and remote audio to work on my work's laptop from my desktop's screen - which is a 2k 27" screen versus the small laptop screen of my laptop. I'm in the same LAN, so it's not even via internet. the only thing that could impact performance might be that the laptop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone delay windows 10

2. windows 10 microphone lag

3. microphone delay usb

4. windows 10 microphone delay,
  5. usb microphone delay,
  6. microphone delay,
  7. lag with microphone windows 10,
  8. delay in mic when using the line in,
  9. usb microphone lag,
  10. plug in microphone delay windows camera,
  11. windows 10 microphone 2 second delay when speaking.,