Windows 10: Microphone does not work in certain programmes on Lenovo y 70 70 T

Discus and support Microphone does not work in certain programmes on Lenovo y 70 70 T in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My in-built microphone does not work in Steam and Skype(both Windows app and Dekstop), but works fine in Facebook, Windows programmes(camera, voice) or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GosuGameR, May 8, 2017.

1. GosuGameR Win User

Microphone does not work in certain programmes on Lenovo y 70 70 T

My in-built microphone does not work in Steam and Skype(both Windows app and Dekstop), but works fine in Facebook, Windows programmes(camera, voice) or Discrord. How can that be? I really can;t figure out how to fix this. I have tried reinstalling audio drivers to both manufacturer provided and latest by realtek - same result. tried resintalling steam and skype - same.The programmes see the microphone - it is set as default and is chosen in those, but the sound just does not come. I tried different combinations of audio settings and by default all audio enhencements are disabled. I attach dxdiag report. Has anybody gotten anything like this? What can I try to do else? Tnx!

:)

GosuGameR, May 8, 2017

2. Lenovo Y 70 70 touchpad

I am curious: you could use it before? I have always plugged in a mouse and turned off the pad under 8, 8.1 and 10 because no setting makes it possible to type on my machine.

A Google scan reveals that it is one of the biggest complaints about this model, and that there is no known solution. The issue definitely does not seem to be one that Microsoft would be responsible to address. It isn't the Windows APIs that cause the problems,
    it is poorly thought out hardware choices on Lenovo's part maybe combined with poor driver development by the supplier.

I just use either Microsoft's "Mouse Without Borders" or Synergy when I am in the office or at home to "borrow" the nearest mouse and keyboard. On the road I carry a small wireless mouse, or at coffee I 'hunt and peck'.

Good luck!

KF

(don't forget, you can always turn off the trackpad entirely and enjoy the touch screen instead! rotfl)

headless_monkey, May 8, 2017
  3. Lenovo Y 70 70 touchpad

Hello, After upgrade to win 10 I can't use touchpad and keyboard simultaneously: if i set PALM to minimum i can move th coursor while pressing buttons, but i cannot click anything with my touchpad. This is extremely annoying, as i don't have a mouse right
    now. Any suggestions?

MaksymMalovichcko, May 8, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

Try setting "Stereo Mix" as the default recording device. That may help the problem.

As a side note, Stereo Mix is needed if you ever want to record streaming audio from the internet.

fireberd, May 8, 2017
  5. GosuGameR Win User
    Nope, it did not help. All sound is coming through the microphone. Stereo mix does not caputre any sound.

GosuGameR, May 8, 2017
  6. fireberd Win User
    If Stereo Mix is set as default recording device, any mic or line in will be heard and can be used.

Some programs default to Stereo Mix for their audio source.

fireberd, May 8, 2017
  7. GosuGameR Win User
    Ok i see. But it does not solve anything for me. my microphone is chosen for the audio source in those particular programmes, when i tried enablign and setting stereo mix for default - it yielded the same result - no input sound detected.

GosuGameR, May 8, 2017
  8. fireberd Win User

fireberd, May 8, 2017
  9. GosuGameR Win User
    GosuGameR, May 8, 2017
  10. fireberd Win User
    I wonder if the Bluetooth is causing the problem. Temporarily disable the Bluetooth and then see if your built in mic works.

fireberd, May 8, 2017
  11. Eagle51 Win User
    The RealTek driver in your screen shot is old. Have you tried R2.81 from RealTek?

Realtek

Eagle51, May 8, 2017
  12. GosuGameR Win User
    Yes I tried the last one by Realtek for my device. Its the same result. I just reinstalled the manufacturer-provided one today.

GosuGameR, May 8, 2017
  13. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, May 8, 2017
  14. GosuGameR Win User
    I tried this one too. Its all same. I am pretty sure its not the driver issue - it has been fine before (the issue occured without any driver change).

GosuGameR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microphone does not work in certain programmes on Lenovo y 70 70 T - Similar Threads - Microphone does certain

2. Lenovo U31-70: Sporadic BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo U31-70: Sporadic BSODs: Hi everyone, ever since upgrading the RAM and the SSHD of my Lenovo U31-70 from its default 4GB to 8GB two years ago, I have been getting BSODs (with different error codes) every now and then. Sometimes they occur once or twice a month, other times they happen twice a day....
  3. Cannot install Windows 10 on Lenovo Y70 - 70

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Windows 10 on Lenovo Y70 - 70: Hello, I originally had windows 8.1 on my Lenovo Y70-70 and have had issues ever since I tried to upgrade to windows 10. I have tried everything by using the Microsoft creation tool for a complete clean install of windows 10 when I upgraded my ssd and have received all...
  4. Lenovo y50-70

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo y50-70: Hi got problem with lenovo y50-70 f4 button stopped workin all look fine tried to reinstall windows again didnt helped all other buttons work fine only f4 doesnt react. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-y50-70/309911f8-71a4-443b-b0e6-c769ff07c353
  5. My hdd caddy diasappears lenovo z50 70

My hdd caddy diasappears lenovo z50 70: Hi im searching for help. Im using Windows 10 with my lenovo z50 70.I've buyed new ssd harddrive and i installed windows on it and put my old hdd in a caddy.Evwrithing its fine with the new ssd but i have issues with the old one. When i start my laptop with charger my 2nd...
  6. Lenovo G50-70 laptop 'plugged in, not charging'

Lenovo G50-70 laptop 'plugged in, not charging': I have Lenovo G50-70 laptop. I have windows 10 Pro installed on it. A couples weeks back the laptop stopped recognizing its ac adapter. The laptop would charge when shutdown but not when using it. It would say 'plugged in, not charging'. I tried removing the battery and...
  7. Not getting updates on my Lenovo Laptop G50-70

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not getting updates on my Lenovo Laptop G50-70: I have not got any updates since 6th Nov on my Laptop having Windows 10 home 10240 single language upgraded from Windows 8.1 over the air. Most of the updates on 06.11.2015 failed to install. Also no notification for new version 1511 10586 as yet. Please help Ashok 30608
  8. Ethernet Wifi not working (not detected). Lenovo Z50-70

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Wifi not working (not detected). Lenovo Z50-70: So i was given a laptop to repair, a Lenovo Z50-70 to be precise. So the guy said his Wifi and Ethernet weren't working (Error 45 in device manager (seems to suggest they arent connected which i don't understand considering its a laptop)). later, it "died" temporarily (as in,...
  9. Lenovo Y50-70 HD4600 Nvidia

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Lenovo Y50-70 HD4600 Nvidia: I have the laptop in the subject w/the mentioned graphics. I constantly get the intel 4600 crashing and restarting immediately. it's not that big a deal....just annoying. I always get the 'driver for w8 failed....blah blah blah' I went to get the the W10 driver but windows...
  10. Lenovo Y50-70 wifi issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lenovo Y50-70 wifi issues: I have Lenovo Y50-70 UHD and i have installed Windows 10 64-bit version. Everything is perfect except for the wifi. I have installed these two drivers that lenovo suggests Screenshot but still my connecition is extremely slow. My network adapter is Broadcom 802.11ac .I also...