Windows 10: microphone doesnt work when placing a call through Gmail

Discus and support microphone doesnt work when placing a call through Gmail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have laptop Probook 6440b. windows 10. Try to call using gmail, but people cannot hear me. I found this info in settings : Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LubaA, Jul 12, 2018.

1. LubaA Win User

microphone doesnt work when placing a call through Gmail

I have laptop Probook 6440b. windows 10. Try to call using gmail, but people cannot hear me.

I found this info in settings : Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7603&SUBSYS_103C1723&REV_1002\4&32e3da4b&0&0001 requires further installation.

What should I do? Please help. Luba

:)

LubaA, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 12, 2018
  3. microphone on the headset doesnt work

Original title: Laptop Microphone totally ignores headset microphone

I have a laptop with an integrated microphone, whilst having a headset with a microphone included.

The microphone on the headset doesnt work, only uses the laptop microphone which is really hard for me to chat with my buddies.

I can hear fine on the headset, the microphone doesnt do anything.

Can someone give me the resolution for this problem?

(My headset is a HyperX - I dont know what type but its a HyperX.)

jaredhale2004, Jul 12, 2018
  4. microphone doesnt work when placing a call through Gmail

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

microphone doesnt work when placing a call through Gmail

1. microphone doesnt work when placing a call through Gmail - Similar Threads - microphone doesnt placing

2. Microphone not working when calling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working when calling: When I call from my phone via Bluetooth, my microphone doesn't work. I tried using the official Your Phone application as well as some other ones like Intel Unison, but neither of them worked. In any other app, my mic functions just fine. Whenever I choose my headset...
  3. Microphone not working when calling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working when calling: When I call from my phone via Bluetooth, my microphone doesn't work. I tried using the official Your Phone application as well as some other ones like Intel Unison, but neither of them worked. In any other app, my mic functions just fine. Whenever I choose my headset...
  4. Microphone doesnt work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone doesnt work: My mic doesnt work if im not playing csgo, *kinda weird but its true. For example im using discord with playing csgo, my mic will work, and if i close it, my mic start not working....
  5. microphone doesnt work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone doesnt work: Hello all im after some help as my son is trying to play call of duty on his pc. We have a wired xbox one controller which is working fine, we have plugged his headset into the controller and can only get sound to the headset. His microphone is not working ive tried my...
  6. Microphone doesnt work on windows 10.

Microphone doesnt work on windows 10.: my webcam has a microphone, it doesnt get detected in windows 10camera works fine. I have tried it on my laptop and it workswindows 7 laptop. I have tried everything I could to fix it but it doesnt work....
  7. My microphone doesnt work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My microphone doesnt work: Hi everyone, anyone have the same problem as me? I have the front panel wich recognize the input but the mic doesnt work, i tried everything.. The drivers and change my mic. Also the three input on the back doesnt work, not even audio.. Right now it work with sound only, but...
  8. but microphone doesnt work

but microphone doesnt work: just purchase a gamer headphone set the hearing is great but microphone doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/but-microphone-doesnt-work/0adfa723-3648-4bc4-a343-3c7c6cde2497
  9. Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work.: I got a new headset, and when I plugged it in I could only hear audio. I tried to use the mic built in with the headset it doesn't work. It plugs in the computer with a USB and a green 3.5mm port. When I went into the sound control panel it doesn't detect any microphone. The...
  10. I dont want cortana on my laptop, but I want to place a call through Gmail

in Windows 10 Customization
    I dont want cortana on my laptop, but I want to place a call through Gmail: I dont use cortana, I dont remember what I did to her after installing windows 10. Maybe killed. sorry. Can this be a reason that I cant place a call though Gmail. People hear me, but they dont hear me. What is the problem with my microphone. HELP smart people. Luba...