Windows 10: microphone icon

Discus and support microphone icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all,,I have been trying to get Cortana working again as I had switched it off, but , I want to use it again and I can use the search box to get it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by donnylad, Nov 28, 2015.

1. donnylad Win User

microphone icon

Hi all,,I have been trying to get Cortana working again as I had switched it off, but , I want to use it again and I can use the search box to get it but I cannot find the microphone icon to click on to speak to it.
    Can you help please
    I think it is supposed to be on the left side of the taskbar.
    Thanks Len

:)

donnylad, Nov 28, 2015
  2. Ethan B. Win User

Xbox on Windows 10 Mic problems

Hi EthanPigou,

Is this on a laptop with an internal microphone? It could be confusing between the microphone and an external microphone, given that you are using one. I'd make sure to go into the Xbox app, select the Settings icon on the left pane of the window, the icon
    that looks like a gear, then in the General tab under Party, ensure that your microphone is set properly.

Ethan B., Nov 28, 2015
  3. Nokia 520 Voice to text, no microphone icon

I don't have the option (microphone icon) when I want to text a person. Wife has same phone and she has the microphone icon. Both phones are the same and updated.

GerardMcLaughlin, Nov 28, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

microphone icon

Make sure Location is ON in Settings: Privacy: Location. This needs to be ON for Cortana to work.

philc43, Nov 28, 2015
  5. donnylad Win User
    Thanks for that,,,its ok now.
    Len

donnylad, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

microphone icon

1. microphone icon - Similar Threads - microphone icon

2. When I open my computer, I have a microphone icon on the screen,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open my computer, I have a microphone icon on the screen,: When I open my computer, I have a microphone icon on the opening screen, not in the tray. That is the screen where I am asked for my pin or password so that I can open my laptop. Why is it there?...
  3. When I open my computer, I have a microphone icon on the screen,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I open my computer, I have a microphone icon on the screen,: When I open my computer, I have a microphone icon on the opening screen, not in the tray. That is the screen where I am asked for my pin or password so that I can open my laptop. Why is it there?...
  4. Windows 11 Microphone Icon Missing from system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Microphone Icon Missing from system tray: Hi there,My microphone icon is missing in the system tray for windows, how do I fix this?I'm running Windows 11 Home 22H2, 22621.2428, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22674.1000.0 With an Alienware m15 laptop, I can't see the microphone icon at all in the system tray and...
  5. Windows 11 Microphone Icon Missing from system tray

Windows 11 Microphone Icon Missing from system tray: Hi there,My microphone icon is missing in the system tray for windows, how do I fix this?I'm running Windows 11 Home 22H2, 22621.2428, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22674.1000.0 With an Alienware m15 laptop, I can't see the microphone icon at all in the system tray and...
  6. how to pin the microphone icon to my toolbar for dictation to write in an email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to pin the microphone icon to my toolbar for dictation to write in an email: how to pin the microphone icon to my toolbar for dictation to write in an email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pin-the-microphone-icon-to-my-toolbar-for/afaeef03-b583-46ab-b230-7e547eb20846
  7. how to pin the microphone icon to my toolbar for dictation to write in an email

how to pin the microphone icon to my toolbar for dictation to write in an email: how to pin the microphone icon to my toolbar for dictation to write in an email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pin-the-microphone-icon-to-my-toolbar-for/afaeef03-b583-46ab-b230-7e547eb20846
  8. How do I put the microphone icon on my Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I put the microphone icon on my Taskbar?: How do I put the microphone icon on my Taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-the-microphone-icon-on-my-taskbar/f0766103-0333-429c-8607-4c9937b303db
  9. How do I put the microphone icon on my Taskbar?

How do I put the microphone icon on my Taskbar?: How do I put the microphone icon on my Taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-the-microphone-icon-on-my-taskbar/f0766103-0333-429c-8607-4c9937b303db
  10. How do I get rid of this red mute microphone icon?

How do I get rid of this red mute microphone icon?: How do I get rid of this red mute microphone icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this-red-mute-microphone-icon/49b9fc83-ac42-4974-84d8-ebc2b497dfb9