Windows 10: Microphone not picking up sound after recent windows 10 update

Discus and support Microphone not picking up sound after recent windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Frisby FMC-220 standing microphone and it worked perfect until a recent update a few days ago. now it won't pick up my voice unless I open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jeremy94, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Jeremy94 Win User

Microphone not picking up sound after recent windows 10 update

I have a Frisby FMC-220 standing microphone and it worked perfect until a recent update a few days ago. now it won't pick up my voice unless I open the properties and set the boost to +30.0 dB

I updated my Realtek HD driver but it did not fix the issue.

:)

Jeremy94, Oct 15, 2016

2. Windows 10 update has broken microphones

After the latest windows 10 updates, my microphone now no longer picks up sound like it should do (and before anyone suggests it's volume settings or turning anything up, no... Just no. This is a windows 10 update that's done this as after the update, my
    mic has this issue, same for my friend's pc next door to me) it picks up sound but you have to be pushing your mouth right against the microphone to pick anything up... This windows 10 update has to be the worst one ever... Wondering if anyone else has this
    ridiculous and pathetic problem thanks to these lazy and awful windows updates?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JoshuaPilkington, Oct 15, 2016
  3. Headset Mic Not Recognised Windows 10

right now im using Beats Pro as my headphones and im currently on a laptop, I've recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1. I've only found this problem after i updated to windows 10 because im a regular poster to youtube and have been using fraps
    to record my gameplay. My problem is that when i try to record with the windows 10 Game DVR my microphone doesn't get picked up/recognised as a microphone. i've tried going into the control panel and into the Sound recording tab but i do not see my microphone
    there. When i try to record with Fraps or even make a skype call my microphone gets picked up and people can still hear me.

eniallator, Oct 15, 2016
Thema:

Microphone not picking up sound after recent windows 10 update

1. Microphone not picking up sound after recent windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Microphone picking sound

2. Microphone picking up headphones sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone picking up headphones sounds: My microphone keeps picking up audio from my headphones i tried everything, going to control panel then sound and those things and tried to downgrade the version of my drivers nothing works i sat here for like 2 hours trying to look up tutorials on youtube and nothing works....
  3. Microphone picking up headphones sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone picking up headphones sounds: My microphone keeps picking up audio from my headphones i tried everything, going to control panel then sound and those things and tried to downgrade the version of my drivers nothing works i sat here for like 2 hours trying to look up tutorials on youtube and nothing works....
  4. Microphone picking up headphones sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My microphone picks up no sound!

My microphone picks up no sound!: To top it off when I right click the volume in the taskbar there is no recording devices present. My microphone is part of a web-cam or a blue-tooth headphone with microphone, I have two recording devices....
  6. microphone picking up speaker's sound.

microphone picking up speaker's sound.: How do I stop my microphone from picking up my speaker's sounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-picking-up-speakers-sound/ff8e2c05-6af0-4b7f-80a4-bb32b73bb741
  7. Apps not picking up any microphone sound Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps not picking up any microphone sound Windows 10: My microphone has stopped working in all apps even the default voice recording app. I can tell the hardware is fine because in sound settings the 'test your microphone' section is picking up audio. The problem isn't with my microphone privacy settings either as all the apps I...
  8. Microphone detected but not picking up sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone detected but not picking up sound: My microphone and stereo's stopped working after a bunch of driver updates on my earlier windows install. I figured that hey, since I need to fresh install anyway again, I won't bother digging deeper into what could've caused it and just plain simply reinstalled windows. Now...
  9. Microphone picks up output sound

Microphone picks up output sound: For some reason, my headphone microphone keeps picking up the sound played through my computer. So, for example, when I'm watching a YouTube video while in a Discord call, everyone in the call will be able to hear the audio from the video. I've got no idea why this is...
  10. Microphone picks up computer sound

Microphone picks up computer sound: I have recently had a problem where my microphone will take output sounds of my computer such as music or videos and games even when my microphone is not turned on. This seemed to be happening ever since I got my headphones plugged in as I recently built a new computer and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. frisby fmc-220 is not picking up sounds

2. computer stops picking up mic after a few minutes

3. windows 10 microphone only picking up when talking close

4. windows microphone doesnt pick up sounds,
  5. mic not picking up audio windows 10