Windows 10: Microphone not working since install of Windows 10

Discus and support Microphone not working since install of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since installing Windows 10 my desktop will no longer recognise any external microphones, i've tested the microphonse elsewhere and they're working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dethmakt, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Dethmakt Win User

Microphone not working since install of Windows 10

Since installing Windows 10 my desktop will no longer recognise any external microphones, i've tested the microphonse elsewhere and they're working fine. The only place on my pc that will still recognise the microphone is Skype which only shows it in the settings in the form of the green bar moving; Echo and other skype calls will not read the mic.

Any help or even knowing i'm not the only one having this issue would be appreciated.

:)

Dethmakt, Aug 18, 2015

2. microphone not working on windows 10

Since I installed windows 10 my microphone is not working. I tried ALL the steps that you suggested in other threads and the microphone still doesn't work! Please find urgently a solution!

MikaelaSympoura, Aug 18, 2015
  3. smife Win User
    cortana unable to hear or respond

Cortana does not hear or speak to me. The search box works fine. Microphone works. Even tried different Microphones. I've tried all of the suggestions that I could find since installation with no luck. I prefer not to do a complete reinstall (Don't know
    if that will fix it either). She has not worked at all since installing Windows 10 Pro late last year.

Original title: Cortana not working

smife, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Dethmakt, welcome to the forums. Try right clicking the speaker icon, choose recording devices, and set your mic to default

Microphone not working since install of Windows 10 [​IMG]

If it is not listed with the other devices, right click in the list of devices and check show disabled/disconnected devices

Microphone not working since install of Windows 10 [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Microphone not working since install of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microphone working since

2. Microphone not working since new purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working since new purchase: I own a Dell G15 12th gen i5 which I bought about two months ago as my work laptop and since the beginning the microphone does not seem to be working. It does not pick sound at all. Unfortunately I realized it after having transferred all my files/programs from the old laptop...
  3. Microphone not working since new purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working since new purchase: I own a Dell G15 12th gen i5 which I bought about two months ago as my work laptop and since the beginning the microphone does not seem to be working. It does not pick sound at all. Unfortunately I realized it after having transferred all my files/programs from the old laptop...
  4. Microphone is not working since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is not working since update: My mic is not working on Teams and Skype they can't hear me during videocalls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-not-working-since-update/6f2800ff-c1aa-4ace-ae16-c0d0dfcdeb3a
  5. Microphone is not working since update

Microphone is not working since update: My mic is not working on Teams and Skype they can't hear me during videocalls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-not-working-since-update/6f2800ff-c1aa-4ace-ae16-c0d0dfcdeb3a
  6. Microphone not working in Windows RE since 17783

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microphone not working in Windows RE since 17783: The API winmm waveInOpen return "Undefined external error" in Windows RE since 17783 The error comes from the call to the below API: [DllImport"winmm.dll"] public static extern uint waveInOpenref IntPtr hWaveIn, uint deviceId, ref WAVEFORMATEX wfx, IntPtr...
  7. Issues with my microphone and discord since I installed windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with my microphone and discord since I installed windows 10: Hello, since I switched from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 I have issues with my microphone on discord. My volume is 100 in windows and control panel. The problem is most people don't hear me loud enough and they also echo into it sometimes hearing themselves, I have the latest...
  8. microphone not working since updating windows ten.

microphone not working since updating windows ten.: I updated laptop, last week and since then, the microphone is not working. It is showing it is on when video calling on facebook, but no one can hear me, I manage to get the camera working, but when my daughter in law video messaged me today I could hear them but they not me....
  9. Microphone issues since installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone issues since installing windows 10: Hello everyone, and thanks for trying to help me out. So, i'll try to explain as much as possible my issue : I had to go to windows 10 in mid 2019 because it was requiered to make my new proc work. Since then the microphone was very low, and couldn't find a single way to...
  10. After Windows 10 was installed microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Windows 10 was installed microphone not working: After Windows 10 was installed microphone no longer working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-10-was-installed-microphone-not/740fa982-2ea7-4b09-908b-779084b70978