Windows 10: Microphone not working.

Discus and support Microphone not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys So a few days ago I finished my new build, I went for for Win 10 with DirectX12 in mind. However, my mic does not work, neither through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dijok, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Dijok Win User

Microphone not working.

Hi guys
    So a few days ago I finished my new build, I went for for Win 10 with DirectX12 in mind. However, my mic does not work, neither through the front or back panel. The PC detects that an audio jack has been connected, detect the mic through both panels, but the mic itself does not pick out any voice. I tried reinstalling Realtek drivers, motherboard drivers, raising the level on Recording Devices and none worked. I'm using ASRock x99 Extreme3 Motherboard. Is there anything else that I can try? The mic works on my laptop and any other device, it's a Steel Series Syberia v2 Headset. Thanks
    Just updated Realtek Audio to 7720 v and still nothing.

:)

Dijok, Jan 19, 2016

2. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) on using Camera on Windows 10.

my camera ids not working

camera not working, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones

Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones so why is it still on markeplace and is Microsoft going to stand up for us now that all they care about is android and Iphone

SKYFIRE NOT WORKING, Jan 19, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

Microphone not working.

Do you have Stereo Mix set as the default recording device?

fireberd, Jan 19, 2016
  5. fireberd Win User
    Make Stereo Mix the default recording device. Then whatever device is used, microphone, line it or streaming audio from the internet you can hear it and record it if you want.

fireberd, Jan 22, 2016
  6. Dijok Win User
    Stereo mix just picks up the sound from the speakers, the mic still doesn't pick up any sound.

Dijok, Jan 23, 2016
  7. fireberd Win User
    Is this a USB connected headset? Or does it have separate TRS analog plugs (and does it also have a USB connection for power)? There are many Steel Series headsets and I can't find yours on the Steel Series web site.

fireberd, Jan 23, 2016
  8. Dijok Win User

Microphone not working.

Dijok, Jan 23, 2016
  9. fireberd Win User
    Do you have a volt meter? and if you do, measure the voltage on the "Ring" connection on the microphone jack. There should be 5V DC on the "Ring" connection which is needed by computer microphones to work. Its detecting something is plugged in, so the "Tip" (where the mic signal is) connection would seem to be OK.

If there is +5VDC on that connection, I would suspect a hardware problem on the new motherboard.

fireberd, Jan 23, 2016
  10. Dijok Win User
    The voltage doesn't even get up to 5v, it's 2v +/-.

Dijok, Jan 23, 2016
  11. fireberd Win User
    That may not be sufficient for a computer mic (condenser mic).
    Other than a problem on the motherboard, I would look at the wattage of the power supply.

fireberd, Jan 24, 2016
  12. Dijok Win User
    Most likely a faulty motherboard, in the middle of replacing it.
    Thanks for your help.

Dijok, Jan 24, 2016
  13. Dijok Win User

Microphone not working.

So, the replacement motherboard just came, all plugged in and the mic still does not pick up any sound.
    Dunno what to do anymore.

Dijok, Jan 29, 2016
  14. fireberd Win User
    Disconnect the HD Audio connector (for the front panel audio) from the motherboard. Then try the rear mic jack. In case the front panel is causing a problem.

I would also try a different microphone, even though this one works on another PC.

fireberd, Jan 29, 2016
  15. Dijok Win User
    Disconnecting the HD Audio does not help, mic still doesn't work. I tried a different headset, same make, but a newer model and it didn't work either.

Dijok, Jan 29, 2016
Thema:

Microphone not working.

1. Microphone not working. - Similar Threads - Microphone working

2. My microphone stopped working. But which "microphone" was it? There are at least 4 choices,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone stopped working. But which "microphone" was it? There are at least 4 choices,...: I appreciate the free help that Microsoft gives us, but do the people giving us the help actually solve our problems?They're very nice people, but I don't think they do....
  3. My microphone stopped working. But which "microphone" was it? The only way I can know is to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone stopped working. But which "microphone" was it? The only way I can know is to...: Microsoft seems to be making one questionable business move after another. But that's their problem.I appreciate the free help that Microsoft gives us, but do the people giving us the help actually solve our problems?They're very nice people, but I don't think they do....
  4. Microphone not working because of driver reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working because of driver reinstallation: I accidentally changed my RealtekR Audio driver to one called "High Definition Audio Device" and then it stopped working, so I decided to change it back to RealtekR and then now my microphone doesn't pick up any sound anymore, why is this? I have already tried restarting my...
  5. Microphone not working because of driver reinstallation

Microphone not working because of driver reinstallation: I accidentally changed my RealtekR Audio driver to one called "High Definition Audio Device" and then it stopped working, so I decided to change it back to RealtekR and then now my microphone doesn't pick up any sound anymore, why is this? I have already tried restarting my...
  6. Windows 11: No Microphones work after switching comms apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: No Microphones work after switching comms apps.: Windows 11.Affects all microphones.All applicants have permission to access the microphone.A restart will resolve the issue.The keyboard shortcut doesn't resolve the issue.On first using the computer for a call in Google Meet, Slack, Teams, etc, all is fine.When switching...
  7. Windows 11: No Microphones work after switching comms apps.

Windows 11: No Microphones work after switching comms apps.: Windows 11.Affects all microphones.All applicants have permission to access the microphone.A restart will resolve the issue.The keyboard shortcut doesn't resolve the issue.On first using the computer for a call in Google Meet, Slack, Teams, etc, all is fine.When switching...
  8. Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working: None of the applications on my system can find my microphone. It's like the internal microphone has completely stopped working. How do I resolve this issue please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-working/858f63cf-a99e-4d71-91c1-98ed61cc894f
  9. Microphone not working

Microphone not working: None of the applications on my system can find my microphone. It's like the internal microphone has completely stopped working. How do I resolve this issue please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-working/858f63cf-a99e-4d71-91c1-98ed61cc894f
  10. Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware