Windows 10: Microphone record level constantly set at 24 on boot up

Discus and support Microphone record level constantly set at 24 on boot up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 4. Whatever microphone I use, whether it's the built in mic, a Blu Yeti USB mic, or a mic going in through a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaiHarris, Jul 29, 2018.

1. DaiHarris Win User

Microphone record level constantly set at 24 on boot up

I am using Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 4. Whatever microphone I use, whether it's the built in mic, a Blu Yeti USB mic, or a mic going in through a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 interface, every time I boot up, the mic recording level is set to 24. It doesn't want to stay at what I set it at on last use (usually 85). Thhis is very annoying! Can anyone help?

:)

DaiHarris, Jul 29, 2018

2. sound problems in recording, microphone levels.

I have a alieware 64 bit pc with windows 10. I am trying to recored from ez-vinyl software. When I set the levels in recording, microphone levels, the levels I set I cannot click on apply it is not highlighted. the levels stay set for about a minute,
    then the levels drop back to zero and I lose the sound. and the recording. Can any one explain the problem?

josephmcclain1, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Error: "You need to set up microphone in settings" while trying to access microphone on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issue with accessing the microphone on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to refer to the below post replied by Wasim Asad
    on August 18, 2015 to setup microphone on your device and check if it helps.

Cortana can’t hear me – Microphone level keeps getting set to
    zero.

Also, In order to check if your microphone is set to the default value, you must check it from the “Recording” tab.

To access this option, follow these steps:

• Right click on the volume icon and select Recording Devices.
    • In the window that opens, select the device which has the status Ready.
    • Click on the Set Default from the bottom of the window.
    • If you’ve done this correctly you should see the green mark on the correct microphone and audio level reacting to sound.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the microphone for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

We suggest that you check the following steps on how to raise the mic volume:

• Check the Speaker icon on the system tray. Right click on it and choose "Recording Devices" menu.
    • This will show Sound window. Go to Recording tab of Sound window, you will notice the microphone which is active that has a green check mark. Right click on the active microphone and select "Properties".
    • You will now see Microphone Properties window. Go to the
      Levels
      tab and you will now see Microphone and
      Microphone Boos
      t. You can use the sliders to modify your volume settings. Click
      OK button to save changes.

Let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

Vicky Acs, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Microphone record level constantly set at 24 on boot up - Similar Threads - Microphone record level

2. discord sets sound level to 67% after boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    discord sets sound level to 67% after boot up: hello i got in a problem that each time i start my laptop and discord boot up i sets whole computer sound to 67 no matter where it was originally. i had turned off exclusive mode both on my laptop speakers and headphones and on Steam sound devices and on my second monitor ....
  3. discord sets sound level to 67% after boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    discord sets sound level to 67% after boot up: hello i got in a problem that each time i start my laptop and discord boot up i sets whole computer sound to 67 no matter where it was originally. i had turned off exclusive mode both on my laptop speakers and headphones and on Steam sound devices and on my second monitor ....
  4. discord sets sound level to 67% after boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to set a fixed microphone level in settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set a fixed microphone level in settings?: I set the audio mic level to 50. I come back to check it a bit later, it has randomly pumped up to 70's or 80's. I set it to 100 and use a -10db cut filter on the preinput EquilizerAPO, come back, and the level has lowered to the 60's or 70's. I have tried special effects on...
  6. How to set a fixed microphone level in settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set a fixed microphone level in settings?: I set the audio mic level to 50. I come back to check it a bit later, it has randomly pumped up to 70's or 80's. I set it to 100 and use a -10db cut filter on the preinput EquilizerAPO, come back, and the level has lowered to the 60's or 70's. I have tried special effects on...
  7. Microphone Levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Levels: Hey, my microphone wont turn on in the Levels tab, it just doesn't wanna turn on [ATTACH] i can't turn this on and i don't know why. Please someone help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-levels/c42b3b66-e66d-4d10-9586-c61849504523
  8. Microphone level

Microphone level: Why don't I have the option to increase or decrease the decibels of my microphone? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-level/ab254916-e35f-49ae-a999-3e6a75bf94d0
  9. How to record 24/7 microphone audio?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to record 24/7 microphone audio?: Hi I'd like to record the audio from my microphone 24/7 in part of 1 hour. I'd drop all the files on my NAS so I'd have a lot of storage. I did some reasearch on Internet but I can't find a way to mount a setup so that at bootup, the computer starts recording audio non...
  10. Microphone level is set to 0?

Microphone level is set to 0?: Hello, I have a headset that has served me faithfully for five years. Until now I never had any problems, but today some people came up and said I was ultra quiet. After that I came to the level setting in the sound device tab under Windows. I just set the level to 100 (it...