Windows 10: Microphone sound level resets randomly - solved

Discus and support Microphone sound level resets randomly - solved in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; PC Desktop Win 10. Microphone sound level began resetting to zero and blocking microphone. Tried so many things including uninstall and reinstall audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by j2017g, Jul 22, 2017.

1. j2017g Win User

Microphone sound level resets randomly - solved

PC Desktop Win 10. Microphone sound level began resetting to zero and blocking microphone. Tried so many things including uninstall and reinstall audio programs, Real Tek program and drivers, and more. None worked. Downloaded free Malwarebytes.com and quarantined lots of malware including one Trojan. Voila! microphone sound is now stable. Hope your problem is fixed by this action.

:)

j2017g, Jul 22, 2017

2. When Enabling Cortana the Microphone Sound Level Resets to 62

Whenever I activate Cortana either by clicking the little microphone icon near Ask me anything bar or by WinKey + C, the sound level of my microphone changes to 62, so I several times went to Recording Devices -> Right click on Microphone -> Properties
    -> Levels tab and manually changed the level to 100, but as soon as I activate Cortana> the sound level decreases to 62

Rostyslav Golovko, Jul 22, 2017
  3. Microphone randomly cuts volume

This problem recurs every one or two months, persists for about a week, and leaves.

About 50% of the time, my microphone barely records any noise. The recording levels don't, it's just the that the recorded sound is far less than normal. It happens randomly, and goes back and forth at a high, irregular frequency.

I have troubleshooted and checked the drivers, and nothing is wrong there.

Hahahh JaddyAmal, Jul 22, 2017
Thema:

Microphone sound level resets randomly - solved

1. Microphone sound level resets randomly - solved - Similar Threads - Microphone sound level

2. Microphone array is picking sound but changing the level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone array is picking sound but changing the level: My mic is picking up sound but barely. If I go into sound from the control panel it barely picks up on the bar in the whole range on the right of it. The same happens in sound from the settings menu. To add to this if I listen to the device I can slightly hear my voice and...
  3. Microphone array is picking sound but changing the level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone array is picking sound but changing the level: My mic is picking up sound but barely. If I go into sound from the control panel it barely picks up on the bar in the whole range on the right of it. The same happens in sound from the settings menu. To add to this if I listen to the device I can slightly hear my voice and...
  4. Microphone array is picking sound but changing the level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microphone Levels

Microphone Levels: Hey, my microphone wont turn on in the Levels tab, it just doesn't wanna turn on [ATTACH] i can't turn this on and i don't know why. Please someone help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-levels/c42b3b66-e66d-4d10-9586-c61849504523
  6. Microphone level

Microphone level: Why don't I have the option to increase or decrease the decibels of my microphone? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-level/ab254916-e35f-49ae-a999-3e6a75bf94d0
  7. Microphone Sound Level Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Sound Level Changing: I'm trying to adjust my microphones volume level by setting the level manually then using and voice recorder program to hear how it sounds. My computer however is automatically changing the volume level to what it thinks it should be when I speak and it is too high. How do I...
  8. Microphone level is automatically reset at PC startup?

Microphone level is automatically reset at PC startup?: Hello, everyone, here's the problem: Every time I boot my PC or start the Audacity program, my microphone level is reset. But not in the "Windows Sound Control Panel", I have to increase the level of my microphone every time (Rocker on the volume). I used Windows 10 and...
  9. microphone volume level slider resets to 0

microphone volume level slider resets to 0: Whenever I try to slide the level of the microphone in the properties to be higher than 0 it resets. This is on a new headset and i've already tried to update the audio drivers and reset my computer.[ATTACH]...
  10. When Enabling Cortana the Microphone Sound Level Resets to 62

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When Enabling Cortana the Microphone Sound Level Resets to 62: Whenever I activate Cortana either by clicking the little microphone icon near Ask me anything bar or by WinKey + C, the sound level of my microphone changes to 62, so I several times went to Recording Devices -> Right click on Microphone -> Properties -> Levels tab and...