Windows 10: Microsoft 10 Remote Desktop

Discus and support Microsoft 10 Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have Microsoft 10 Home Edition and I want to access my university's computer by remote access just like I was doing the last 10 months. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KristinaMertiri, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Microsoft 10 Remote Desktop

Hello,

I have Microsoft 10 Home Edition and I want to access my university's computer by remote access just like I was doing the last 10 months. I am having a problem now, I went to the settings and it says that ' Your home edition of windows 10 doesn't support remote desktop'. What can I do ?

:)

KristinaMertiri, Jul 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you further with the issue could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What is the Make and Model of your Computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    There's a Remote Desktop App available in Windows 10. Follow the steps below to find it:

• Click the Search Bar which is in the Task Bar.
    • Type in Remote Desktop App .
    • Once it pops up click on it and follow the on screen instructions to use it.

If you're facing issues with the app downloaded form the Windows Store I suggest you to run the Windows 10 App troubleshooter and check if this helps. Refer to the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Microsoft 10 Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft 10 Remote Desktop

1. Microsoft 10 Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - Microsoft Remote Desktop

2. Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?: regarding to CVE-2023-28290, Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same? I am a little bit confused*Moved from feedback....
  3. Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same?: regarding to CVE-2023-28290, Are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Connection the same? I am a little bit confused*Moved from feedback....
  4. Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Remote Desktop: Last week I tested Microsoft Remote Desktop to connect my PC with my MacBook and it worked while I was at home. When I went to my university I tried connecting and I got an error code saying "Unable to connect". I made sure my PC never turns on, it was connected to the...
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Remote Desktop: Last week I tested Microsoft Remote Desktop to connect my PC with my MacBook and it worked while I was at home. When I went to my university I tried connecting and I got an error code saying "Unable to connect". I made sure my PC never turns on, it was connected to the...
  6. Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Microsoft Remote Desktop

Microsoft Remote Desktop: Hello,I'm trying to connect to my computer Windows 10 from macos using microsoft remote desktop but :1 it asks me for User Account Username & Password . Should I type the user that i use on windows ? or is a special account?2 When i use the name of the user that I use for...
  8. Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Remote Desktop: Hello,I'm trying to connect to my computer Windows 10 from macos using microsoft remote desktop but :1 it asks me for User Account Username & Password . Should I type the user that i use on windows ? or is a special account?2 When i use the name of the user that I use for...
  9. Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. microsoft remote desktop

microsoft remote desktop: I changed the port associated with remote desktop now i cannot connect to the remote desktop PC unless I use chrome remote desktop. Is there any way to resolve this issue?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4023057 and remote desktop