Windows 10: Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one

Discus and support Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have 2 computers. I have just now set up Microsoft Login on both. I did them side-by-side and at the same time (and that may have been my mistake!)... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RodRental, Aug 15, 2018.

1. RodRental Win User

Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one

I have 2 computers. I have just now set up Microsoft Login on both.

I did them side-by-side and at the same time (and that may have been my mistake!)

I used the exact same login name, password and password hint on both.

I restarted both at about the same time.

Now I can login to one computer ok, but I cannot log in to the other one.

It says the password in incorrect, but I see that the password hint is exactly as expected.

Reset does not work because I never got that far!

Thanks

:)

RodRental, Aug 15, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 15, 2018
  3. MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one

Cannot login with microsoft account on Windows 10.

Hi John,

If you are using Microsoft account to login into the user account, I suggest you to convert the user account to
    Local account and using the new Microsoft account change to Microsoft user account by following the below steps and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: To convert to local account.

• Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open system
      Settings window.
    • Click Accounts and under Your emails and accounts, click on
      sign in with a local account instead option.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password and click on Next.
    • Type the Password, and Password Hint that you want set for the local account and click
      Next.
    • Click on Sign out and Finish button.
    • Login to check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: To switch to Microsoft account.

• On the newly converted Local user account, press
      Windows logo + I
      keys on the keyboard to open Settings window.
    • Click Accounts and under Your emails and accounts click on
      sign in with a microsoft account instead option.
    • Enter the new Microsoft account ID and Password and click Sign in.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of not able to login using Microsoft account on the computer for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one

1. Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account computers

2. Syncing One Account On 2 Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing One Account On 2 Computers: Hello,I was wondering if there is a way to have 2 different computers syncing as on so then i can work on one then go to the other and everything is the exact same.This is on Windows 10 btwThanks...
  3. Syncing One Account On 2 Computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing One Account On 2 Computers: Hello,I was wondering if there is a way to have 2 different computers syncing as on so then i can work on one then go to the other and everything is the exact same.This is on Windows 10 btwThanks...
  4. Syncing One Account On 2 Computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 2 windows accounts on the 1 computer login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    2 windows accounts on the 1 computer login: Hello,Does anyone have experience with 2 microsoft accounts being signed in to the 1 computer login?we have a couple of old computers that are still being used and have both the old users microsoft account signed in locally, and the latest users account.is there any known...
  6. One microsoft account but 2 licenses

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    One microsoft account but 2 licenses: Last week I purchased a new laptop which came with Windows 10 pre installed and I used my Microsoft account for the set up. This week I purchased a Windows 10 Home license from a Microsoft Silver Partner, to use in a clean install on my old windows 7 laptop. I installed it...
  7. Two Computer Logins With One Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Computer Logins With One Microsoft Account: I have a computer with two logins: one for me, and one for other users. The one for other users is a local account, and the other is signed in with a Microsoft account. However, I signed in to my Microsoft account on the local account and cannot remove it via Settings,...
  8. Failed to login to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to login to Microsoft Account: So I noticed recently that when I would load into Minecraft my skins would not be in My Packs. Instead, there was a sign in option which after clicking it would lead to “Failed to login”. It would go on to say “We tried to sign in to your Microsoft Account, but something went...
  9. One Microsoft account - 2 computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Microsoft account - 2 computers: Hi there, Been wondering where to post this, i hope soft & apps is good category enough. Here is my situation. I just bought Forza Horizon 4, i have fiber at the office, so i downloaded it in couple hours and could play during lunch time. Then I started downloading at home...
  10. Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one: I tried to set up 2 computers with Microsoft Account for the first time. I (probably stupidly) had them side by side and entered the exact same password and password hint on both. Note that at that point I had not created any flash drive recovery. I then restarted both...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign in to microsoft account from 2 computers at same time