Windows 10: Microsoft Account and Windows 10 RDP

Discus and support Microsoft Account and Windows 10 RDP in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have RPD working using my Microsoft account to a Windows 10 1803 PC. When changing my MS account password, RDP is only accepting the old MS account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ratoka1, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Ratoka1 Win User

Microsoft Account and Windows 10 RDP

I have RPD working using my Microsoft account to a Windows 10 1803 PC. When changing my MS account password, RDP is only accepting the old MS account password, but everything else is accepting the new password (including local login on the PC). Any ideas?

:)

Ratoka1, Jul 27, 2018

2. Microsoft Account and Authentication during RDP

Hello, trying to RDP to my windows 10 (fall creators update) via RDP but the RDP client always fails with invalid credential.

I have tried the combinations:

• Microsoft account primary alias and Microsoft account password
    • Local username associated with my Microsoft account and Microsoft account password
    Neither is accepted for sign in. I have Mobile sign in enabled on my account so I technically never entered my password here.

Lambros Vasiliou, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Microsoft Account and Windows 10 RDP :(

Zakin, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Account and Windows 10 RDP - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account RDP

2. RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account: I am having trouble using RDP to connect to a desktop that I have just configured using my Microsoft account. I have tried the steps in the below running the link runas /u:MicrosoftAccount\*** Email address is removed for privacy *** winver but am not able to enter the...
  3. RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account: I am having trouble using RDP to connect to a desktop that I have just configured using my Microsoft account. I have tried the steps in the below running the link runas /u:MicrosoftAccount\*** Email address is removed for privacy *** winver but am not able to enter the...
  4. RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to login OR RDP using Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login OR RDP using Microsoft Account: Hi Everyone,I have three computers that were set up using my Microsoft Account. Recently I tried to RDP into one of them and I can't. I tried both the local PIN and my Microsoft Account password. Both resulted in "The logon attempt failed". I experienced this in the past and...
  6. Unable to login OR RDP using Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to login OR RDP using Microsoft Account: Hi Everyone,I have three computers that were set up using my Microsoft Account. Recently I tried to RDP into one of them and I can't. I tried both the local PIN and my Microsoft Account password. Both resulted in "The logon attempt failed". I experienced this in the past and...
  7. Which account to use for RDP when using Microsoft account on Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Which account to use for RDP when using Microsoft account on Windows 10?: Hi, this Microsoft account usage is pulling my nerves all the time. With new computer I gave MS a chance and surended upon constant nagging "use MS account here" and "use MS account there" and "sign into MS account"...ok, MS, I WILL! Now I am using my MS account for...
  8. RDP using Windows account tied to Microsoft account

RDP using Windows account tied to Microsoft account: I am having a problem using RDP and can't for the life of me figure it out. I have my PC running windows 10 and I use a Microsoft account with a pin to login. I have enabled and configured RDP access on the machine but can't login into it using my account. My Microsoft...
  9. RDP connection to computer with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    RDP connection to computer with microsoft account: Hello, I am trying to setup RDP connection between two Windows 10 machines. The PC from which the connection is opened is using a local account while the PC that I'm trying to connect to is using a Microsoft account. Upon entering the string...
  10. Microsoft account = broken RDP and file sharing!

Microsoft account = broken RDP and file sharing!: Hey everyone. First let me blow some steam by stating that Microsoft Account is a convoluted feature that is very poorly thought out and integrated. /end rant That being said, here is my situation. I fresh installed Windows 10 on my laptop and desktop. On both computers I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rdp windows 10 microsoft account

2. rdp to windows 10 with microsoft account

3. rdp with microsoft account windows 10

4. rdp microsoft account windows 10