Windows 10: microsoft account causes keyboard lock

Discus and support microsoft account causes keyboard lock in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have a new toshiba satellite c70 d-b- 10u and it works ok in both W8.1 or upgraded to W10 until i log in via my microsoft account it then locks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by muswellmetro, Dec 31, 2015.

1. microsoft account causes keyboard lock

i have a new toshiba satellite c70 d-b- 10u and it works ok in both W8.1 or upgraded to W10 until i log in via my microsoft account

it then locks the keyboard.........if have factory reset back to 8.1 and upgraded to 10 with a new log in.....works ok, log into microsoft account and the keyboard locks....any ideas welcome

EDIT microsoft account also locks keyboard in W8.1 after first typing

:)

muswellmetro, Dec 31, 2015
  2. Time Lady Win User

I am unable to login to my laptop. Request for guidance.

So you can long into your MS account OK, then the problem is possibly caused by the keyboard, either certain keys aren’t working correctly on log in or caps lock is on. Check for caps lock or use the onscreen keyboard, on the login screen in the lower
    right hand corner there should be an accessability icon (middle icon iirc) this should brink up the keyboard.

Time Lady, Dec 31, 2015
  3. Windows 10 has loaded and I cannot sign in as it says that my password is incorrect

1 I do not have a Microsoft account

2. I do not have an on screen keyboard

3. See Q1

No on screen keyyboard

Caps/Number lock not onI only have one user account

I am not happy I did not want Windows10 why has it loaded without my consent

This ha caused me a huge problem as I cannot get into any of my files

Lorraine stordy, Dec 31, 2015
  4. microsoft account causes keyboard lock

Hi when I had this trouble with my Toshiba I found the BIOS needed updating and Drivers as well
    Since having that done have had no trouble.
    Go to the Toshiba Site type in your model as see if you have the latest Software and Drivers installed
    If not then get it all from the site

hTconeM9user, Dec 31, 2015
Thema:

microsoft account causes keyboard lock

1. microsoft account causes keyboard lock - Similar Threads - microsoft account causes

2. Microsoft account is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account is locked: Microsoft account is locked and can't remember my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-is-locked/bad783b4-c58a-4826-a977-1f27937d2380
  3. Microsoft Account Locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Locked: A few occasions, my account has been locked. I initially believed that the reason I was experiencing this problem was because I have multiple devices connected to the same Microsoft account. I then took away all the other devices, leaving only one, and the problem is still...
  4. Microsoft Account Locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Locked: Hi!My microsoft account has been locked and I was trying to unlocking it...But I couldnt get it since when I clicked to send the code after I set my phone number instead it displays usage limit has exceeded. What can I do for this?...
  5. Microsoft Account locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account locked: Hello Community,I had Windows 10 updated yesterday. After updating, I got notification that my laptop was locked by Bitlocker and asked the recovery key. It said the key was sent to Microsoft account. I had no idea about Bitlocker before...When I tried to login my Microsoft...
  6. Microsoft Account locked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Account locked: Hello Community,I had Windows 10 updated yesterday. After updating, I got notification that my laptop was locked by Bitlocker and asked the recovery key. It said the key was sent to Microsoft account. I had no idea about Bitlocker before...When I tried to login my Microsoft...
  7. Microsoft Account locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Unwanted keyboard driver cause fn lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unwanted keyboard driver cause fn lock: Hey, so I have a laptop running on windows 10, a few weeks ago I plugged in an external keyboard and since then the fn key is automatically locked on startup.The external keyboard driver seems to be the issue here since I can't get rid of it, it automatically download it...
  9. Microsoft account locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account locked: Microsoft account locked I recently bought a laptop for my son for his homework. As part of setting it up, we created a Microsoft account for him, however, within two days the account had been locked. He hadn’t purchased any items with the account, nor has he sent any...
  10. Microsoft Account Locked.....

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Account Locked.....: I have a gmail account attached to a microsoft account, which the backup email for is an @emailitt-tech.edu . Obviously I can no longer access this backup email, however I can not seem to recover or change my password for the microsoft account. What do I do?...