Windows 10: Microsoft Account - Change

Discus and support Microsoft Account - Change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had a Micosoft Account for several years under a certain email address. I am about to change my ISP and of course that email address will no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, May 30, 2015.

1. JJG10 Win User

Microsoft Account - Change

I have had a Micosoft Account for several years under a certain email address. I am about to change my ISP and of course that email address will no longer exist.

What do I need to do to keep my MS account active, useable or what ever word applies? I believe I can change the email address for that account but that doesn't change the account name and I would have to log in using the old, now nonexistent account.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, May 30, 2015
  2. SherryAo Win User

Change microsoft account

I want to change my microsoft account from the windows. I want to add another one.

PS: I'm not asking about how to add other microsoft accounts on the windows I'm asking about the Main account. I hope you get me.

SherryAo, May 30, 2015
  3. Change Microsoft account

Hi,

Changing the email address attached to your gamertag will not affect your current game data. To change the email address associated to your gamertag, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on the link below.

How to change the email address associated with your Microsoft Account

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Wilfred Mac, May 30, 2015
  4. Microsoft Account - Change

You could try switching that account to a local account. Then switch back to the live id login but enter the new info in on the switch back. If it will let you. Another option is to create a new user account on that PC with the new info. I've gone from local to live ID and it prompted for the live ID info. Not sure what happens if you go live ID, local, and back though.

alphanumeric, May 30, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    First, you have to understand that the email address of your Microsoft account is nothing more than a "username". It doesn't have to apply to the actual email account in use, although it can obviously be a little confusing.

Here's what you need to do. Go to the Microsoft account login page (any one will do, but this one works)

Create your Microsoft Account Today

Sign in with your current email address and password. Then after you are signed in, click the picture next to "sign out" in the upper right hand corner. This will bring you to the account management page.

Then click "Manage your sign-in email address".

You may need to validate your account with a code, so make sure you do this while you still have access to your old account.

Make sure you also go into Advanced Security and update the email address used to send security codes as well.

Mystere, May 30, 2015
  6. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you. That seems easy enough.

JJG10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Account - Change

1. Microsoft Account - Change - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Change

2. Microsoft Account Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Change: I was able to change my Microsoft Account the one that has my serial numbers for Microsoft Office etc. from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** on a different device that is not my Windows 10 system. The account I use...
  3. Microsoft Account Change

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account Change: I was able to change my Microsoft Account the one that has my serial numbers for Microsoft Office etc. from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** on a different device that is not my Windows 10 system. The account I use...
  4. Changing a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing a Microsoft Account: Hi, I work part-time at a local golf course. Quickbooks changed their version and we had to upgrade. Because the Owner wasn't there, I used my Microsoft Credentials to do the upgrade. What do I do to get the account out of my name, yet let the employees and owner have access...
  5. Changing a Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing a Microsoft Account: Hi, I work part-time at a local golf course. Quickbooks changed their version and we had to upgrade. Because the Owner wasn't there, I used my Microsoft Credentials to do the upgrade. What do I do to get the account out of my name, yet let the employees and owner have access...
  6. Changing Microsoft accounts !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Microsoft accounts !: I have a friend who wants to give her Toshiba laptop to her sister because she dosen't use it anymore. Would it be best for her sister to do a "Clean install of Windows 10" and add her own account or is there a easier way ! I am virtually sure it will not be compatible for...
  7. changing microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    changing microsoft account: Can i change primary microsoft account in a device without loosing the activation of windows 10 of that device. my aunt bought me a new laptop but it has her account in it as she did the booting setup , so is there any way i can change to my account without loosing the...
  8. Change Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Microsoft Account: I want to change my account on my computer. However, the account that is set for my user does not exist, and I have no means of recovering that account. How can I change my account? Is there any way to change it without recovering my account? Thanks...
  9. Microsoft account Change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account Change: I changed my Microsoft Live mail to outlook now I cant sync my one drive and Solitary game when I try to sign into the accounts it keeps going back to the live account which I deleted How can I sync these two accounts ? 163128
  10. Change Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Microsoft Account: Hello, For some reasons I need to change my Microsoft account. The current account is @outlook.com and it is used with the following services: 1) My Windows 10 laptop. 2) Microsoft Store. 3) This site. 4) Xbox One console I know how to "switch" my account but I will...