Windows 10: Microsoft account - Devices not in sync with actual devices

Discus and support Microsoft account - Devices not in sync with actual devices in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When going into my Microsoft account, then under 'Devices', there are 4 devices linked. The number of devices is correct, but that's it. All other... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by tfwul, Aug 21, 2016.

1. tfwul Win User

Microsoft account - Devices not in sync with actual devices

When going into my Microsoft account, then under 'Devices', there are 4 devices linked.
    The number of devices is correct, but that's it.
    All other data is incorrect, or outdated.

I have 2 'real' PC's and 2 VM's using 1 single retail Windows 10 Pro and 3 upgrades from 7/8->10
    However, 'devices' show 1 'real' PC (nót the one with the retail W10 version, but the one running on an upgrade) and 3 VM's.

I assume it isn't but if at all possible..., how do I get that in sync with what I am actually using.

=

:)

tfwul, Aug 21, 2016
  2. Taleys Win User

Laptop not listed in Devices in Microsoft Account

It seems to only work temporarily with my laptop and only if I'm logged into the computer with a microsoft account which I verify. If i go back to a local account, the listing under devices disappears. However, another netbook I have that I use a local
    account with remains listed.

Taleys, Aug 21, 2016
  3. Laptop not listed in Devices in Microsoft Account

Hi Taleys,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that your laptop is not appearing among the list of trusted devices.

Thank you for mentioning the steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to make sure the laptop has been verified.

1. Sign in to the main computer with your Microsoft Account.

2. Press Windows key + I to open settings

3. Click on "accounts" and select "your account" on the left pane.

4. Check if the option to verify your identity is available.

5. If so, click "verify" and follow the on-screen instructions.

6. Once that is done, begin the setup steps given in the article
    and check again.

Get back to us with the response. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 21, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

I am pretty sure that you can simply remove the devices from your account and then the next time you use your Microsoft login on those devices they will re-register with your account.

philc43, Aug 22, 2016
  5. tfwul Win User
    Thanks, I will give that a try.

tfwul, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft account - Devices not in sync with actual devices - Similar Threads - Microsoft account Devices

2. Microsoft Account on more than one device - stop syncing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account on more than one device - stop syncing?: Hi there,I have three devices that are logged in under my Microsoft account.However, I want to ensure that the files on one device are not syncing to the other two - I need all three to be independent of each other in this regard.How does one ensure this? Is it simply a...
  3. Devices on microsoft account

Devices on microsoft account: Hi, just wondering - I've just gone onto my microsoft account and noticed the devices tab, and there is a computer there which seems familiar as in i probably used it at some point, but i am slightly confused as to when i would have done so.so, i'm just asking - whenever you...
  4. Devices on microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices on microsoft account: Hi, just wondering - I've just gone onto my microsoft account and noticed the devices tab, and there is a computer there which seems familiar as in i probably used it at some point, but i am slightly confused as to when i would have done so.so, i'm just asking - whenever you...
  5. Devices on microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. microsoft account devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft account devices: microsoft account devices list a computer location in Mumbai. Does this mean it is hacked . Cannot lock this computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-devices/81b5b21c-cfaa-4e3f-a93d-80fdbc46da89
  7. Microsoft Account devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Account devices: My Microsoft account shows 4 devices. Does that mean each one is connected with a digital license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-devices/4d904ebe-e588-4b52-aa9c-3ce6ad6c13bf
  8. Device Sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Sync: Hey all, I have a total of 3 windows 10 devices hooked up to my microsoft account. When ever I try to sync my theme from one computer, hoping it will show up on the others, it 1, does not and 2 after a few days reverts back to default theme. Is there a way to set a master...
  9. Keyboard layout is syncing across devices as accounts linked to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard layout is syncing across devices as accounts linked to Microsoft Account: Hi, I have two devices: 1. Dell Inspiron 7566 - UK layout keyboard 2. Surface Go - US layout keyboard The Surface Go is my latest device, after I bought it I linked both my system administrator user accounts to my Microsoft account. Whenever I delete the US keyboard...
  10. Devices in Microsoft account

Devices in Microsoft account: Why do I have 2 devices in my account when I only have PC? One of the devices is "my name" and the other is the "name/type" of my motherboard. The "my name" device updated 1 month ago and the "name/type" device updated today. Could it be the "my name" device is my PC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why my devices sycn not appear on microsoft account after register