Windows 10: Microsoft Account necessary?

Discus and support Microsoft Account necessary? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi All, I don't need to establish a Microsoft Account for privacy reasons as I'm the only user, but may I ask if I need one to receive the 1511 new... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by twl845, Nov 15, 2015.

1. twl845 Win User

Microsoft Account necessary?

Hi All, I don't need to establish a Microsoft Account for privacy reasons as I'm the only user, but may I ask if I need one to receive the 1511 new WIN10 upgrade? I also tried to download a few Apps from the APP Store, and it asks for my Microsoft Account. If I click close, and try to download the APP the progress bar just keeps going and going, no app. Can some one please reply with an answer to thease questions? Thanks*Smile

:)

twl845, Nov 15, 2015

2. Headphone and Speaker volume Windows 10

How to separate the volume of speaker and headphone phone volume. I am using Realtek High Definition Audio. My headphone is not in the sound list.

Microsoft account user, Nov 15, 2015
  3. Headphone and Speaker volume Windows 10

I mean that I want to make the volume of the speaker to zero but when I plug in my headphone and I want it to be 10.

Microsoft account user, Nov 15, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Apps need MS account. You can upgrade with a local account. I did this on my Lenovo K450 running Win 10 Pro X64. Upgraded from RTM (10240) to TH2 (1511/10386).

With TH2 you can now use Cortana with a local account.

Ztruker, Nov 15, 2015
  5. Slugger Win User
    You need MS account for app store, One Drive, device account syncing(settings->accounts->sync your settings), Windows Feedback and just about any new Win 10 apps. If you don't need any of these use a local account.

Slugger, Nov 15, 2015
  6. twl845 Win User
    Thanks for the info. I thought I read that you won't need the Microsoft Acct. to get apps in the new upgrade. I guess that's not true. I still haven't received the upgrade. I read that if you downloaded WIN10 less than a month ago you have to wait until the December update. Oh well.

twl845, Nov 15, 2015
  7. twl845 Win User
    Thanks for that info. I think the MS account is too invasive. I have never made a password on any PC I've owned.

twl845, Nov 15, 2015
  8. Microsoft Account necessary?

Hey guys, not sure if my query is related to this thread, but anyway here goes. I have upgraded from Win'8.1 to Win'10 sometime in July 2015. At the time I used to have a single local account with Administrator rights. However, after upgrading to Win'10 it asked me certain times to use Microsoft Account, and I entered my Outlook.com Account. Thereafter, I noticed that my local account has disappeared from User Accounts in Control Panel, and it only lists my Outlook.com Account as an Administrator.
    Also, each time I start my notebook, it shows the Outlook.com Account to login into Windows. I have an unstable wired broadband internet connection, so wonder what happens if my internet connection is down, and I try to login this way. Will it create an alternate local account by the same name, or refuse login (as it won't be able to authenticate without internet) ?
    Would it be wise to operate my notebook with a local account, which may also make login and general operations faster ? What are the downsides to using a local account ?

rameshiyer, Nov 15, 2015
  9. Slugger Win User
    Whats invasive about logging in? We log in for everything we do online. almost all chats, banking, all game consoles, etc. Heck we carry a smart phone with us that can be tracked.

Slugger, Nov 15, 2015
  10. twl845 Win User
    I only use my local account and have no problems except as Slugger said in post #3 as far as I know.

twl845, Nov 15, 2015
  11. twl845 Win User
    Just afraid of MS sharing my stuff I guess. Without looking it up, I think using OneDrive for instance through signing in would expose all my stuff. I haven't been able to find enough info about signing in to MS to calm any fears or thoroughly understand what's involved, and why I should need an account to access things on my computer. *Smile

twl845, Nov 15, 2015
  12. Exactly. I am concerned about my OneDrive data being exposed to other users. Also, feel MS may use my Outlook.com login for some sort of profiling and targeted services being pushed to me. Can't underestimate the ingenuity of MS folks, and what's gonna mess up my PC over time. In fact, had noticed after upgrading to Win'10 from Win'8.1 that many privacy settings were tuned to suit MS, and I had to turn off / on many of those settings to protect my privacy. It's such "dirty tricks" by MS which makes me apprehensive about their "upgrades".

rameshiyer, Nov 15, 2015
  13. chemie Win User

I seem to be required to sign on for Office 2010 updates from WIndows update....
    so I guess I won;t be updating that

chemie, Nov 21, 2015
  14. twl845 Win User
    I got my Office 2010 updates without a MS account. I have since created a MS account to sign in with, but left the locator off, and haven't opened the OneDrive window. I tried to get a few Apps from the Store, but they won't work until I get the 1511 upgrade which I'm waiting for.

twl845, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Account necessary? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account necessary

2. Is PrintDisp.exe necessary?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is PrintDisp.exe necessary?: Please excuse the sub-topic, there was no applicable item to choose from.I saw PrintDisp.exe in my startup apps and was trying to figure out if it needed to run on boot. When I search for it in Apps & Features, it doesn't show up but it shows as running in Task Manager. Is...
  3. PIN necessary for setting up outlook account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN necessary for setting up outlook account: Hello, I am in a bit of a bind, I want to set a outlook.com account in my outlook that is installed on the pc, and I go trough everything, put the password and it's asking for my PIN for my PC. But I never set up a PIN, or if I did I forgot, but I am fairly certain I didn't,...
  4. PIN necessary for setting up outlook account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN necessary for setting up outlook account: Hello, I am in a bit of a bind, I want to set a outlook.com account in my outlook that is installed on the pc, and I go trough everything, put the password and it's asking for my PIN for my PC. But I never set up a PIN, or if I did I forgot, but I am fairly certain I didn't,...
  5. PIN necessary for setting up outlook account

6. are they necessary

are they necessary: After my upgrade to Win 10 (over Win 7) I have a lot of Microsoft Visual C++ files, some x86 some x64 going back as far as 2011. I also have some Visual Studios redistributables most x64 but one x86) going back to 2012. Are all these iterations necessary? Can i delete some?...
  7. Is this Process Necessary?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is this Process Necessary?: Something called "Windows Modules Installer Wor..." is running and uses a lot of memory. My system is running slow (that pesky Windows 10) so I'd like to know if I need this process. This is right after restarting and installing updates. Thanks! Joe in Orlando. I only have...
  8. why is a standard account necessary in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why is a standard account necessary in windows 10: why is a standard account necessary in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-a-standard-account-necessary-in-windows-10/a564a609-368e-43f8-a5d4-32a08ea9bcec"
  9. Is 1803 necessary?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is 1803 necessary?: Is it necessary to install 1803 prior to installing 1809? My PC won't install 1803 (it has 1709 installed) and I thought that I'd just download the ISO for 1809 and install that, skipping 1803. If that possible?...
  10. Are these services necessary?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are these services necessary?: After the anniversary update I notice these services and was wondering if I really needed them, some are running. You can't disabled them through services and properties. UserDataSvc_43ced UnistoreSvc_43ced WpnUserService_43ced PimIndexMaintenanceSvc_43ced 62956

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is a microsoft account necessary

2. are microsoft accounts necessary