Windows 10: Microsoft Account-Remove Cloud Backup of Personal Settings question

Discus and support Microsoft Account-Remove Cloud Backup of Personal Settings question in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I looked at my Microsoft Account and under the Devices Menu at the top for my PC I noticed a More Actions dropdown list saying Remove cloud backup... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sportsfan148, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Microsoft Account-Remove Cloud Backup of Personal Settings question

Hi,
    I looked at my Microsoft Account and under the Devices Menu at the top for my PC I noticed a More Actions dropdown list saying Remove cloud backup of personal settings which talks about turning off syncing first and then clicking on Remove button and then removing the PC from the backed up devices in OneDrive which is never listed in Windows 10. There is also another option in the More Actions dropdown menu for the PC in my Microsoft account saying Remove PC.
    For what purpose would you use these two options ? (Remove cloud backup of personal settings and Remove PC)

:)

sportsfan148, Mar 12, 2018

2. Recovering a Intrnet Explorer settings and favorites afther "danger click" on: remove cloud backup of personal settings

Hello!

Is there any chnce fr backup of IE settings afther chosing this option: remove cloud backup of personal settings?

I was chosed this option in microsoft account devices sector for my virtual machine and afther that I was made a clean install of Win 10 on host OS?

Thanks in advance!

Aleksandarkness, Mar 12, 2018
  3. How to completely remove shared printers from the "add a device" list?

Looks like I got it fixed by removing Windows 8 personal settings from the cloud.

1. Turn off settings sync on all computers running Windows 8 or above.

2. Go to OneDrive, remove personal settings from the cloud.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

3. Do a clean install of Windows.

4. Sign in to Microsoft account and you are good to go. No more annoying ghost printers.

GentleSpoon, Mar 12, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Microsoft Account-Remove Cloud Backup of Personal Settings question

EdTittel, Mar 12, 2018
  5. Thanks Ed. Yeah..it was me who started that thread you mention. I'm still seeking a information though which is why I narrowed the question down a bit here as people don't seem to be aware of the option in Microsoft Account Microsoft Account-Remove Cloud Backup of Personal Settings question :)

sportsfan148, Mar 12, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    AFAIK these options exist for those with multiple PCs (like me: I've got 8 different PCs that I log into from time to time) so that theme, passwords, customization and so forth stays consistent across all those machines. It's not necessary for those who don't need to have their settings reflected onto two or more devices. I've seen numerous posts that claim "no harm, no foul" when those who don't need the cloud sync turn related services off.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 13, 2018
  7. I only have one PC but I thought if I left the sync option enabled it would be handy for my settings customisations (particularly my Internet Explorer and Edge favourites) to be saved and put back automatically after any future Windows 10 clean installations. I'm not sure exactly what you mean when you say "I've seen numerous posts that claim "no harm, no foul" when those who don't need the cloud sync turn related services off."
    Are you saying syncing the settings can be problematic?

sportsfan148, Mar 13, 2018
  8. EdTittel Win User

No, I'm saying that turning it off hasn't been a problem for those who've chosen to do so. That doesn't mean I advocate doing this in general, or am suggesting that you should do this yourself. It's entirely up to you!
    That said, I agree with your idea about getting things back after a clean install. That's another peachy use for the sync settings feature that doesn't require multiple devices. Good thinking, on your part. Thanks!
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 13, 2018
  9. Thanks Ed for your feedback

sportsfan148, Mar 13, 2018
  10. EdTittel Win User
    You're welcome. If you keep your thinking cap on, you'll continue to be an asset to this community. Best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 14, 2018
  11. Cheers Ed. That's nice of you to say. Best wishes to you too

sportsfan148, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Account-Remove Cloud Backup of Personal Settings question - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Remove

2. Windows Personalization Settings Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Personalization Settings Questions: Hello,I am still working on customizing my system after reinstalling Win11 Pro. I have several Personalization settings questions.How do I change/remove Bing from my system? There used to be a method and I don't know if it has been removed or if I just don't remember it. I am...
  3. Windows Personalization Settings Questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Personalization Settings Questions: Hello,I am still working on customizing my system after reinstalling Win11 Pro. I have several Personalization settings questions.How do I change/remove Bing from my system? There used to be a method and I don't know if it has been removed or if I just don't remember it. I am...
  4. Microsoft backup programs, questions....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft backup programs, questions....: I've been on a quest to find a backup system for Windows that is: Easy to use visually for folks with vision issues. That includes me. :- Easy for a newbie to understand by simply reading the information provided on the screen. All aspects actually work. Preferably has a...
  5. Backup for One Drive cloud account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup for One Drive cloud account: does microsoft provide backup to the One drive cloud accounts? If so, where is it stored? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-for-one-drive-cloud-account/4819381f-e581-44cd-8ce9-cc7fa8166c2a"
  6. Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?: Hi All, I want to wipe the slate clean so that my Synced PC settings that are stored with my Microsoft Account are wiped clean and can start again from scratch. So yesterday I turned off Sync Settings under Accounts/Sync your Settings on my laptops and then I deleted my...
  7. Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?: Hi All, I want to wipe the slate clean so that my Synced PC settings that are stored with my Microsoft Account are wiped clean and can start again from scratch. So yesterday I turned off Sync Settings under Accounts/Sync your Settings on my laptops and then I deleted my...
  8. Account? Removal question

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account? Removal question: HI! I'm new to the forums. And hopefully I'm on the right thread. I apologize if I'm not. My grandmother just bought a new laptop and I'm working on setting it up for her. In doing so I didn't have access to her password at first for her email so I used one of my own to...
  9. Question about Backblaze/cloud backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about Backblaze/cloud backup?: For those of you familair with backblaze specifically (unsure if others handle it identically). I have a ridiculous amount of data thats growing daily. As it is I cant afford to invest in constant hard drive updates let alone a NAS for any type of redundancy. For...
  10. Questions - Backup strategies for a personal home desktop PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Questions - Backup strategies for a personal home desktop PC: Well I'm cruising along with my three week old inexpensive HP Pavilion desktop. They waste so much metal to encase a couple of innards, a little motherboard, a 1TB drive and a silly low output power supply. The rest is air. Hope these things are mostly getting recycled when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove cloud backup of personal settings

2. Remove cloud backup of personal settings.

3. remove cloud backup from personal settings

4. how to remove backup of personal settings,
  5. edge Remove cloud backup of personal settings,
  6. how to remove cloud backup of personal settings.,
  7. remove cloud backup of personal settings windows,
  8. onedrive remove cloud backup of settings,
  9. how to remove cloud back up of personal settings,
  10. microsoft cloud settings,
  11. remove personal settings microsoft account,
  12. remove cloud backup of personal settings windows 10 2019,
  13. remove cloud information microsoft account,
  14. how to backup personal settings in windows,