Windows 10: Microsoft Adds QR Codes To BSOD's

Discus and support Microsoft Adds QR Codes To BSOD's in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; See: Windows 10 blue screen of death? Now Microsoft adds QR codes to BSOD crash support | ZDNet 47078 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ex_Brit, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Ex_Brit Win User

Microsoft Adds QR Codes To BSOD's

Ex_Brit, Apr 11, 2016
  2. Le Boule Win User

Computer screen shut down

Doubt that this is a Virus & Malware issue…

Windows 10 blue screen of death? Now Microsoft adds QR codes to BSOD crash support | ZDNet
    Pretty good article but ignore the ads.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Based on your description you "may" be seeing a "video card" issue.

Le Boule, Apr 11, 2016
  3. authenticator for android

Hi!

You can do the following:

1) Download the Google Authenticator App

2) Scan the QR code from the MS page and open the link deciphered from the QR code.

3) If Google Authenticator App has been installed properly (as it should), it should automatically open. Confirm that you want to add the Microsoft account.

HTH!

mjolnir.ph, Apr 11, 2016
  4. zztemp Win User

Not sure it's to be posted here but yeah, i've seen this too on reddit.
    I'm not sure if this will be more used or useful for the general user.
    There are a lot of people that still don't know what a QR-Code is or how to use it.

I think it should be more useful that, after a BSOD, when the computer is booted and the user has logged back in, an internet page is opened where more information about the problem is displayed, what the user can do, ... . Maybe even the possibility to upload de DMP file to, let say version.xforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging ? *Smile

zztemp, Apr 12, 2016
  5. Ex_Brit Win User
    Good thoughts. Yes maybe this belongs under News or whatever. Someone will no doubt move it in that case.

Ex_Brit, Apr 12, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    There is already a thread about this in the news section *Smile

7. Ex_Brit Win User
    Strange I looked. Will now go search again.

Ex_Brit, Apr 12, 2016
  8. Ex_Brit Win User

Found it, not very obvious I must say.

Ex_Brit, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Adds QR Codes To BSOD's - Similar Threads - Microsoft Adds Codes

2. 12812121 qr code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    12812121 qr code: QR code 12812121 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/12812121-qr-code/875691f0-e388-4b5d-8e5f-bf33460e9049
  3. QR code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    QR code: can a QR code be read on Win 11 Computer with no cell phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/qr-code/9066234b-45d2-409d-9f27-ff890534f6f0
  4. QR code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    QR code: can a QR code be read on Win 11 Computer with no cell phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/qr-code/9066234b-45d2-409d-9f27-ff890534f6f0
  5. Microsoft Authenticator won't scan the Microsoft QR code.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Authenticator won't scan the Microsoft QR code.: Like the title says, the MICROSOFT AUTHENTICATOR APP WON'T SCAN THE MICROSOFT QR CODE. I'm trying to add it but i keep getting the error "Invalid Bar code". Why can't two Microsoft products work together? I have 5 different sign in's on it but it can't get the company that...
  6. Microsoft Authenticator won't scan the Microsoft QR code.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator won't scan the Microsoft QR code.: Like the title says, the MICROSOFT AUTHENTICATOR APP WON'T SCAN THE MICROSOFT QR CODE. I'm trying to add it but i keep getting the error "Invalid Bar code". Why can't two Microsoft products work together? I have 5 different sign in's on it but it can't get the company that...
  7. QR CODE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    QR CODE: I need a QR code to be printed on a very important appt. document but it won't print out--everything else prints but no QR--I've printed other docs with QR'S fine but not this--what can I do and please use language I can understand--thanks! C.T....
  8. Microsoft Authenticator asking for a QR Code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Authenticator asking for a QR Code: Hello, I am trying to activate Microsoft Authenticator on my phone and when I go to add a school or google mail account I am asked to enter a QR code instead of being asked for the email address and password combination....
  9. Sign in with QR code

in Windows 10 Support
    Sign in with QR code: Is it possible to sign in to your windows with only scanning QR code from your phone as trusted device? 117570
  10. BSOD with QR code--never seen before

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with QR code--never seen before: NOTE: This is for my 2nd PC in my System Specs (Asus). I was playing a casual game, then suddenly got BSOD with QR code. Only thing unusual for this laptop is past few days, screen would get black vertical lines on a light blue screen with a buzz sound that is stuck...