Windows 10: Microsoft ads invade Windows 10's File Explorer

Discus and support Microsoft ads invade Windows 10's File Explorer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Is nothing sacred? Microsoft keeps trying to prove that Windows 10 may be the best thing that ever happened to desktop Linux. The company is yet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Microsoft ads invade Windows 10's File Explorer

Microsoft ads invade Windows 10's File Explorer | PCWorld

Borg 386, Mar 9, 2017
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 9, 2017
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Mar 9, 2017
  4. korngear Win User

How to Silent camera sound of 6233

I dont think there is any 3rd party app or file explorer to invade the hidden files and folders.

Try google-atleast worth a try.

korngear, Mar 9, 2017
  5. Borg 386 Win User
    Borg 386, Mar 9, 2017
  6. sygnus21 Win User
    Yeah, for now.

I just opened explorer after seeing this thread a lo and behold... ads. What kind of BS is that. I disabled them, but as you said, for now. I'm sure MS will try to make it harder in the future to do so. Or streamline it so it only works for "some" adds. Oh, boy *Sad

sygnus21, Mar 9, 2017
  7. clam1952 Win User
    I got clobbered by it last night, easy enough to get rid of for now, I mostly use Ultra Explorer but if this sort of thing carries on it will be exclusively.
    If I wanted to use One Drive, I'd be using it, don't need Microsoft telling me to!

clam1952, Mar 9, 2017
  8. Microsoft ads invade Windows 10's File Explorer

Not seeing them here? I'm running the education version though, if that matters?

alphanumeric, Mar 9, 2017
  9. Edwin New Member
    I'm quite sure we've all agreed to it in some obscure grey area somewhere before we clicked the "I Accept" button.

Edwin, Mar 9, 2017
  10. AndreTen Win User
    Not seeing them here either. On pro version with sync option on... (yet)

AndreTen, Mar 10, 2017
  11. sygnus21 Win User
    They may or may not popup, but the option is there unless you disable. I had them in mine. They're basically did you know tips. See Shawn's tutorial to get an idea what they look like and how to disable.

sygnus21, Mar 10, 2017
  12. My box is check marked but I'm not seeing them, yet.

alphanumeric, Mar 10, 2017
  13. sygnus21 Win User

If you're not seeing them be happy. I haven't seen any till this morning and my box was checked up until then. I guess not everyone will see them or have them pop up at the same time. Probably depends on system configuration as to what might popup. As I said, they're mainly did you know tips.

sygnus21, Mar 10, 2017
  14. Cliff S New Member
    You(like me ) will probably never see an ad if you use the Windows 10 default settings and more or lees the default programs.

When I click like a PDF on the web and Edge shows the PDF.

But, I have a 3rd party program, I prefer, (for PDFs on my system I use Sumatra, which keeps them all open and in separate tabs(I have about 17)) .

So as long as I use the Win10 default settings, Microsoft is happy, and doesn't remind me(slap me on the fingers)

Teacher: "Wouldn't you prefer to use Edge, as it's faster and safer than Chrome. Plus it will perk your coffee in the morning for you"
    Microsoft ads invade Windows 10's File Explorer [​IMG]

Microsoft ads invade Windows 10's File Explorer [​IMG]

Cliff S, Mar 10, 2017
  15. I have stuff like "show suggestions on start" etc turned off.

alphanumeric, Mar 10, 2017
Thema:

1. Microsoft ads invade Windows 10's File Explorer - Similar Threads - Microsoft ads invade

2. Files being added in File Explore by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files being added in File Explore by Microsoft: HelloThese are files that are taking up space in my disk amd have been downloaded by Microsoft I don't know what they are for and they are hundreds of them and continuing . How to stop this and is it ok to delete them? Thanks...
  3. Files being added in File Explore by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files being added in File Explore by Microsoft: HelloThese are files that are taking up space in my disk amd have been downloaded by Microsoft I don't know what they are for and they are hundreds of them and continuing . How to stop this and is it ok to delete them? Thanks...
  4. Files being added in File Explore by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why Windows 11's File Explorer has become Windows 10's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Windows 11's File Explorer has become Windows 10's: My PC running Windows 11 already, but I recently saw File Explorer is became Windows 10's File Explorer. I not edit any registry key or use third party software....
  6. Windows defender invading protected files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender invading protected files: I have password protected RAR files, and this windows defender is finding viruses in these filesWhich means that either this thing is associating the file with a virus by the mere name of the file, brute forcing my password, bypassing the protection mechanism, or worse, it's...
  7. Microsoft to improve search experience in Windows 10’s File Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to improve search experience in Windows 10’s File Explorer: Search functionality in File Explorer is not as good as Windows Search, but the upcoming update of Windows 10 could make the search experience better in File Explorer. In latest preview builds of Windows 10 20H1 update, Microsoft has updated search in File Explorer with a new...
  8. File Explorer and MP3's

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer and MP3's: How do you get the artist visible on a single MP3? In other words, if I have a number of mp3's in a folder and I want the artist to be visible, the ribbon gives me the ability too show "Album artist", View>Add columns>Album artist, the MP3's in the folder are single, non...
  9. Adding Comments To Files In Files Explorer In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding Comments To Files In Files Explorer In Windows 10: Hi. It appears that Windows 10 may have done away with the ability to add comments to files/folders in File Explorer. There used to be an option in the details tab under properties but I don't seem to be able to find it. The option to checkbox comments as a column to add...
  10. Windows 10's privacy invading features aren't gone in Threshold 2

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10's privacy invading features aren't gone in Threshold 2: Read an article on Windows privacy today. Just wondering what you guys think of this? Windows 10t gone in Threshold 2 30904