Windows 10: Microsoft announcing Windows 10 Bug Bash Privacy Edition

Discus and support Microsoft announcing Windows 10 Bug Bash Privacy Edition in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hello, Windows Insiders! We’re announcing the Bug Bash Privacy Edition, which officially kicks off today and runs from March 7th - 11:59 PM PST on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft announcing Windows 10 Bug Bash Privacy Edition

Source: Feedback Hub

Brink, Mar 7, 2018
  2. cbwilsha Win User

I wish they would bash the bugs they already have!!!

C.B.

:)

cbwilsha, Mar 7, 2018
  3. How to use a custom bashrc file or where the file used by the system is located on Windows 10.

Hi Josh,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have concern about using bash file on Windows 10.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Are you having Windows 10 Technical Preview or Windows 10 Full Version installed on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the information about the usage of bash in the below Windows 10 blog and check if it helps.

Run native Bash on Ubuntu on Windows

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 - Windows Experience Blog

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 7, 2018
  4. Microsoft announcing Windows 10 Bug Bash Privacy Edition

missing FTD2XX dll file

This seems to be a recurring problem with Windows 10, at least the HOME edition. I have 2 computers in the Insider Program that are on the fast track. One is a PRO edition, the other is a HOME edition. FTD2XX.dll has been missing from the HOME edition
    in 3 of the last 4 flights. The dll is present in the PRO edition. Since flight 15025 is a BUG BASH release I am hoping Microsoft fixes this problem.

If you need it, reply to this post and I can post or email you the dll. The code does not seem to have changed for several years so the version I have should work for any Windows 10 system.

Rod Horning, Mar 7, 2018
  5. *Ditto

alphanumeric, Mar 9, 2018
  6. Yep, the OS is so bogged down with existing bugs. Even the tiny ones cause great irritation! Some have been there years! I’d rather they fixed bugs instead of new features

Scottyboy99, Mar 9, 2018
  7. *Ditto I've voiced those sentiments several times. Just about every Insider build comes with a long list of "Know Issues". Yeah, I know they are Insider builds, but still? Some carry over from build to build. And don't get me started on crash Tuesday. Sometimes I get the impression that quality control has taken a back seat to get it out there. It would be interesting to know how many are working on fixing, refining the current consumer build, versus those working on Insider builds. Maybe they will surprise me this time around, here's hoping.

alphanumeric, Mar 9, 2018
  8. Microsoft announcing Windows 10 Bug Bash Privacy Edition

Yeah I get very fed up with it all. To be fair to MS I find Apple just as bad. They push out update after update piling on the bugs. I get the feeling both of them are trying to get bragging rights over each other by pushing out feature after feature at expense of decent QA

Scottyboy99, Mar 9, 2018
  9. cbwilsha Win User
    What really gripes me is they keep adding very esoteric and oddball additions complicating the OS that probably not even 5% of Users will ever use.

C.B.

cbwilsha, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft announcing Windows 10 Bug Bash Privacy Edition

1. Microsoft announcing Windows 10 Bug Bash Privacy Edition - Similar Threads - Microsoft announcing Bug

2. The Final RS5 Bug Bash Beat for Windows 10 Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    The Final RS5 Bug Bash Beat for Windows 10 Insiders: Hello Windows Insiders! THANK YOU all for your participation during this bug bash! Your feedback enables Microsoft to ship a quality product that our customers will love. Our engineers are currently triaging all your feedback and working to ship RS5 to the rest of the...
  3. Bug Bash Beat?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug Bash Beat?: Hello all: Several days in a row, my w10 was warned about "Bug Bash Beat"! What is "Bug Bash Beat"?? How should I respond? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/bug-bash-beat/394e4460-4cd7-4c4f-a22f-04fdebf3e19c"
  4. Windows 10 February 2018 Bug Bash Begins

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 February 2018 Bug Bash Begins: On Your Mark, Get Set, BUG BASH! Hello, Windows Insiders! Our first Bug Bash for 2018 officially kicks off today and runs from February 2nd - 11:59 PM PST on February 11th. This will be our only Bug Bash for this release and we’re looking forward to your feedback!...
  5. November 2016 Windows 10 Bug Bash

in Windows 10 News
    November 2016 Windows 10 Bug Bash: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, This is Michael Fortin, Corporate VP for Windows and Device Core Quality. We would like to welcome you, our Windows Insiders, to the November 2016 Windows 10 Bug Bash. Today we start the Bug Bash both...
  6. Announcing: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta: Announcing: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta [img] Today, at Minecon 2015 it was announced that Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta is coming. It will be available for download in the Windows 10 Store beginning July 29, the same day Windows 10 first becomes available...
  7. Behind-the-scenes of the Windows 10 Creators Update Bug Bash

in Windows 10 News
    Behind-the-scenes of the Windows 10 Creators Update Bug Bash: Hi! My name is Anita George, and I am the leader of the two Bug Bashes for the Windows 10 Creators Update (the one in November 2016 and the one we just finished up in Feb). For this most recent Bug Bash, Windows Insiders completed approximately 108,900 Quests and submitted or...
  8. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Junk 2016 Bug Bash progress

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Junk 2016 Bug Bash progress: Hi Windows Insiders, Thank you again for joining for the second ever Bug Bash for Windows Insiders. As you know, we had kicked off Windows 10 Anniversary Update June 2016 Bug Bash earlier this week with build 14366 for PC and 14364 for Mobile. You can find more details on...
  9. Microsoft set to announce bash on Linux running on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft set to announce bash on Linux running on Windows 10: Microsoft’s Build 2016 developer conference starts tomorrow, March 30, 2016, and some details on Build events are already starting to leak out on Twitter. Specifically, Microsoft plans to show Bash running on Ubuntu Linux on Windows 10 during Build 2016. Originally, Tero...
  10. Windows 10 November 2016 Bug Bash progress

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 November 2016 Bug Bash progress: Hi Windows Insiders, Earlier this week we kicked off the November 2016 Bug Bash to Windows Insiders on Windows 10 preview build 14959 and 14965 for PC and Mobile. Over the week, we have received great feedback from our Windows Insiders and our engineers are actively...