Windows 10: Microsoft App Failure

Discus and support Microsoft App Failure in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Dell Laptop. Nothing related to Microsoft is not responding, the music app, cortana, the video app nothing is responding. If I press the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dacia Bennett, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Microsoft App Failure

I have a Dell Laptop. Nothing related to Microsoft is not responding, the music app, cortana, the video app nothing is responding. If I press the windows button it flashes on the screen and disappear. I can't shut down, restart or sleep my laptop, I have to force shut down. The only things responding are the files that came with the laptop. I cannot even get access to my settings

:)

Dacia Bennett, Jul 13, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 13, 2018
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft App Failure

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft App Failure

1. Microsoft App Failure - Similar Threads - Microsoft App Failure

2. Microsoft Sign in failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sign in failure: When I sign in, as an authorized user not the administrator, using my valid password, I initially see the Welcome then Preparing Windows, then I see my desktop, but I get a Message Box titled "We can't sign in to your account" and the message states, "We can't sign in to your...
  3. Microsoft Sign in failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Sign in failure: When I sign in, as an authorized user not the administrator, using my valid password, I initially see the Welcome then Preparing Windows, then I see my desktop, but I get a Message Box titled "We can't sign in to your account" and the message states, "We can't sign in to your...
  4. Mail app failure.

Mail app failure.: Mail works fine on this laptop which is a few years old. My wife has a brand new laptop running W10 which just refuses to accept the Mail setup. All that shows is a "blank" page saying "No new mail" and nothing else - dead as a dodo. The accounts do show in the set up box...
  5. Failure in purchasing free apps in the Microsoft store

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failure in purchasing free apps in the Microsoft store: Whenever I try to buy a free app on the Microsoft store, it asks for my PIN, and then it asks for my account password. After all of that, it does nothing. It doesn't even tell me "error" all it does is not purchase the app I'm trying to buy, and sends me to the purchase app...
  6. Failure of microsoft apps, start menu and task bar

Failure of microsoft apps, start menu and task bar: I'm unable to use none of the microsoft apps ,the task bar ,the start menu has stopped working and I'm facing this problem since couple of months. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work....
  7. App installation failure

App installation failure: Hi Guys I am having a strange problem, in that I cannot install Malwarebytes (something I have done many times on many PC's) I have windows 10 Pro 1903 installed. I download the program - no problem I push 'go' and up comes the window with the language choice. Up comes the...
  8. Failure of in-app purchases

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Failure of in-app purchases: Is there a fix for in-app purchases in Amazing Wizards (bought in MS store as Amazing Mages-updated to Amazing Wizards in march 2019) app works properly except for purchases which say no longer available. Friends are making purchases on same windows 10 app....
  9. Taskbar failure and some apps failure

Taskbar failure and some apps failure: I bought an Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop in january 2019. Before now it has worked 99% fine. (I say 99% as the only issue experienced before was a Task Host Window, Task Host is preventing the laptop from shutting down. Where i have to click ‘shut down anyway’) The...
  10. App failure

App failure: Hi, I have the latest version of Supportassist in Windows 10. Lately it only opens the blue screen which immediately disappears. I tries to uninstall and reinstall, but that did not work either. Any help would be appreciated....