Windows 10: Microsoft Apps and store will not start.

Discus and support Microsoft Apps and store will not start. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; None of my apps or store on my surface pro 4 opens, tried resetting the apps in settings but nothing. Cant even open onenote. Help needed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CesarCepeda1, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Microsoft Apps and store will not start.

None of my apps or store on my surface pro 4 opens, tried resetting the apps in settings but nothing. Cant even open onenote. Help needed.

:)

CesarCepeda1, Aug 27, 2018

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Aug 27, 2018
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Aug 27, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft Apps and store will not start.

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-purging-lot-low-quality-apps-windows-store

P4-630, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Apps and store will not start.

1. Microsoft Apps and store will not start. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Apps store

2. Deleted Microsoft Store App Remains In Start Menu

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Deleted Microsoft Store App Remains In Start Menu: Hello,I tried to uninstall a Microsoft Store App Minecraft Launcher.After I could not uninstall this app via right-click > Uninstall > Uninstall, I tried this via the "App Settings". Both attempts failed.I can no longer run/launch Minecraft Launcher, but it remains in the...
  3. Deleted Microsoft Store App Remains In Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Microsoft Store App Remains In Start Menu: Hello,I tried to uninstall a Microsoft Store App Minecraft Launcher.After I could not uninstall this app via right-click > Uninstall > Uninstall, I tried this via the "App Settings". Both attempts failed.I can no longer run/launch Minecraft Launcher, but it remains in the...
  4. Deleted Microsoft Store App Remains In Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Downloads in Microsoft Store and XBOX app won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads in Microsoft Store and XBOX app won't start: Hey there community!I have a problem with downloading software directly from microsoft via MS Store or the game pass app. When I click on the download-button, the download seems to start, but freezes. After hours letting it run in the background, it sometimes starts...
  6. Downloads in Microsoft Store and XBOX app won't start

Downloads in Microsoft Store and XBOX app won't start: Hey there community!I have a problem with downloading software directly from microsoft via MS Store or the game pass app. When I click on the download-button, the download seems to start, but freezes. After hours letting it run in the background, it sometimes starts...
  7. All windows store apps are not starting including Microsoft Store

All windows store apps are not starting including Microsoft Store: Basically they're not startingThey don't even give any error messages except for Photos and Movies & TV which shows the message"The app didn't start." along with the path of the file above the messagealso Microsoft Store isn't starting not even with a error message it just...
  8. Having issues with Start, Microsoft Store, and Default Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Having issues with Start, Microsoft Store, and Default Apps: Good Evening All. Having a problem and hope to get some assistance. So, I recently reinstalled Windows 10 Home on my device after three years computer really needed it. Everything was working fine unit tonight. When I tried to open a photo, I got the error message...
  9. Microsoft Store and Any Related App. Not Starting

Microsoft Store and Any Related App. Not Starting: Hey folks, I resetted my PC without data lost option and after the process I opened my windows and I cannot start Microsoft Store and any app that requires to start itself. I tried a lot of solutions and cannot work. I tried sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  10. Microsoft Store app stuck at "starting download.."

Microsoft Store app stuck at "starting download..": My Sea of Thieves app is stuck at "starting Download", and it is not changing depending on what I do. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-stuck-at-starting-download/329ed037-7515-46a3-bdb6-e853ef5fcaf9"