Windows 10: Microsoft Backup Stopped after Windows 1803 update

Discus and support Microsoft Backup Stopped after Windows 1803 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As you can see from the following screenshots, Microsoft Backup is set to "On," and yet, there have been no backups since May 10, 2018. It is now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dbmurray, Aug 6, 2018.

1. dbmurray Win User

Microsoft Backup Stopped after Windows 1803 update

As you can see from the following screenshots, Microsoft Backup is set to "On," and yet, there have been no backups since May 10, 2018. It is now August 6, 2018.

I am running Windows 10 (1803). It appears these backups stopped when I upgraded to 1803 on May 14. (May 10 was on a Thursday, and the computer is typically turned off on Friday-Sunday each week).

Any suggestions? What should I do to get Windows backups going again?

Microsoft Backup Stopped after Windows 1803 update f35f468c-d7c5-443d-b99e-52ec6d3395fa?upload=true.png Microsoft Backup Stopped after Windows 1803 update 414240e4-5c3d-4056-bde8-258a13d31499?upload=true.png

:)

dbmurray, Aug 6, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Bokenzhe Win User
    Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Microsoft Backup Stopped after Windows 1803 update [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, Aug 6, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Rolls Out Windows 10 April 2018 Update (build 1803)

Any Office365 users here? Does Outlook (or any Office app for that matter) request activation after each system restart post this Windows 1803 update?

btarunr, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Backup Stopped after Windows 1803 update - Similar Threads - Microsoft Backup Stopped

2. Microsoft feature update 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft feature update 1803: Ok so i don't know why, but the update 1803gave me a problem. Which was that it made my system into an unstable mess. It happened just after I finished installing the update. I thought that it was just my laptop overheating, but when I took care of that it still has that...
  3. After downgrading from 1803 to 1703, Windows update is not showing 1803 update.

After downgrading from 1803 to 1703, Windows update is not showing 1803 update.: Hey, Thing is I bought a new Dell Inspiron 13 which comes with Windows 10 Home. I let the windows update to 1803 with updates automatically. Then, I used my Windows 10 Pro key to upgrade to Pro version, but I totally forgot that I had used that key previously in one of my...
  4. Windows 10 Version 1803 - Backup.

Windows 10 Version 1803 - Backup.: Settings>Backup Options>Overview> Last backup> date & time. Box below invites 'Backup Now' but afterwards it doesn't update date & time. How can I tell if it has backed up current data?...
  5. Microphone stopped working after update to Windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone stopped working after update to Windows 10 1803: Hi, I'm currently using a Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro PCI Sound Card. Before Windows update happened, I was able to use my microphone with applications like Skype and Discord. While I am still able to hear sound, my microphone does not seem to work unless I...
  6. Microphone Stopped Working After Windows 10 Update (Version 1803)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Stopped Working After Windows 10 Update (Version 1803): As the title says I have encountered this problem once I had to get this mandatory update. I did a rollback the previous build I had and the microphone (detachable microphone for headphones) was working fine. Nothing wrong with the cable and drivers are up to date. The...
  7. L2TP VPN Stopped Working After Windows 10 1803 07_2018 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    L2TP VPN Stopped Working After Windows 10 1803 07_2018 Update: Hello, I have been using the built-in Windows 10 VPN client to connect to both a Cisco and a Ubiquiti Edgerouter using L2TP/IPSec with a pre-shared secret. After multiple PCs loaded the 07_2018 Windows 1803 update, all of the VPN connections failed to connect. One of my...
  8. WIN10 1803 system backup

WIN10 1803 system backup: After upgrade to WIN10 1803 Build 17134.165 my system backup is not longer available Remark: 1/ only the item "make a system repair disk" is shown 2/ message : system backup is not available in an environment for portable workstations (translated in dutch: dit onderdeel...
  9. Windows 10 1803 update(s) after upgrade to 1803.

Windows 10 1803 update(s) after upgrade to 1803.: Configuration: Windows 10 Home x64 v.1803 (Cum. Update 2018, May) Digital license obtained via Windows 7 Home Premium x74 OEM upgrade to Windows 10. Status: All (cumulatieve) Windows 10 updates succeeded, including v.1803 (May,2018) major update. No issues after this...
  10. After 1803 update, windows update trying update to 1803 again.

After 1803 update, windows update trying update to 1803 again.: The 1803 update went through without issue. But now windows update is trying to run the update again. My system shows I am running 1803 17134.48. When I push retry, I quickly see something about unable to download before it settles to show the error code. I have tried...