Windows 10: Turn On Activate Keys on Touch Keyboard when Lift Finger for Narrator

Discus and support Turn On Activate Keys on Touch Keyboard when Lift Finger for Narrator in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On Activate Keys on Touch Keyboard when Lift Finger for Narrator How to Turn On or Off Activate Keys on Touch Keyboard when Lift Finger... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by WinLatest, Jun 28, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Turn On Activate Keys on Touch Keyboard when Lift Finger for Narrator

How to: Turn On Activate Keys on Touch Keyboard when Lift Finger for Narrator

How to Turn On or Off Activate Keys on Touch Keyboard when Lift Finger for Narrator in Windows 10

Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10.

Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre blind or have low vision. It reads and interacts with things on the screen, like text and buttons. Use Narrator to read and write email, browse the internet, and work with documents.

Specific commands let you navigate Windows, the web, and apps, as well as get info about the area of the PC you're in. Navigation is available using headings, links, landmarks, and more. You can read text (including punctuation) by page, paragraph, line, word, and character as well as determine characteristics like font and text color. Efficiently review tables with row and column navigation.

Narrator also has a navigation and reading mode called Scan Mode. Use it to get around Windows 10 using just the up and down arrows on your keyboard. You can also use a braille display to navigate your PC and read text.

When in an editing area (ex: text box) while typing by touch, a touch keyboard will appear in the lower part of the screen and Narrator will play a sound to indicate that a keyboard has appeared. To enter text, double-tap the characters you want to enter.

To enter text more quickly, you can turn on the On the touch keyboard, activate keys when I lift my finger Narrator setting to enter characters as soon as you lift your finger off the character on the touch keyboard.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off activate keys on the touch keyboard when you lift your finger for Narrator for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Activate Keys on Touch Keyboard when Lift Finger for Narrator in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Activate Keys on Touch Keyboard when Lift Finger for Narrator using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Activate Keys on Touch Keyboard when Lift Finger for Narrator in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

*note You can also press the Win+Ctrl+N keys to directly open Narrator settings.

2. Click/tap on Narrator on the left side, and turn on or off (default) On the touch keyboard, activate keys when I lift my finger for what you want on the right side under Choose keyboard settings. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

Turn On Activate Keys on Touch Keyboard when Lift Finger for Narrator [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Activate Keys on Touch Keyboard when Lift Finger for Narrator using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Narrator

FastKeyEntryEnabled DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Activate Keys on Touch Keyboard when Lift Finger for Narrator
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_activate_keys_when_lift_finger_on_touch_keyboards_for_Narrator.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Activate Keys on Touch Keyboard when Lift Finger for Narrator
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_activate_keys_when_lift_finger_on_touch_keyboards_for_Narrator.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

WinLatest, Jun 28, 2018

2. How to turn off the narrator on Windows 10?

Hello Lee,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• When you say “Navigater”, are you referring to narrator?
    • Did you try to turn the “Navigater” off from the settings page?

If you are referring to the narrator settings, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Narrator settings and select the top most search result.
    • Slide the Narrator option bar to Off status under
      Hear text and controls on the screen.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance on the query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 27, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working

Hi, first, the hotkeys are disabled if you have ever ticked the checkbox & No in the initial pop-up dialogue when Narrator starts.

This says these can be enabled again in Narrator's general settings. I've not found that yet.

Second, you can set Narrator to launch automatically in Settings:

Third, you could turn Narrator on like this:
    Type
    Narra in Cortana's search box.

Click
    Narrator
    (first find at top in Cortana's window).

Fourth, you could do this to start it:
    Windows key + R, type
    Narrator
    <return key>

dalchina, Oct 27, 2019
  4. mlg63 Win User

NArrator won't turn off

If Narrator only activates in Minecraft, it is not Windows Narrator. There is a setting in Minecraft that activates a voice and sounds. Look at the help files for turning it off. Or check at the Gaming Forum as suggested..

mlg63, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Upgraded to Winndows 10 and cannot turn narrator off

Hi Ken,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

Method 1

I suggest you to try enabling narrator from keyboard and disable it and check if it helps.

• On a keyboard, press Windows logo key + Enter key.(This will enable the narrator)

• Press Caps lock + F1 key after you open narrator.

• Select exit narrator.

• Now click on the narrator task running on the task bar.

• Select exit.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 27, 2019
  6. How to keep laptop screen off while working with a screen-reader?

Hi Mr. Ooon,

In order to use your computer without using a display, you need to customize Narrator to work as you desired. You can set it using the following Navigation settings:

Read and interact with the screen using the mouse

Activate keys on the touch keyboard when you lift your finger

Narrator cursor follows keyboard focus

Enable the text insertion point to follow the Narrator cursor

Select the Narrator cursor movement mode.

For the detailed information about using and customizing narrator, please see the following links:

Please let me know how it goes so I can assist you further.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On Activate Keys on Touch Keyboard when Lift Finger for Narrator - Similar Threads - Turn Activate Keys

2. How to activate Touch Keyboard by a shortcut?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to activate Touch Keyboard by a shortcut?: I'm trying to make a button on my lenovo pen activate the touch keyboard (NOT the on-screen keyboard). I know tabtip.exe is the program in question, but running it does nothing. I've tried modifying it in regedit, but that does nothing. I found some small programs that claim...
  3. problem in multi finger touch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problem in multi finger touch: There was a recent windows update available which I updated 2 days back, even since multi finger touch is not working in my laptop. I checked online, even on windows website but I am not yet able to enable the same. I even tried restarting my laptop, even that did not help....
  4. Constant narration WITH narration turned off.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Constant narration WITH narration turned off.: When I open a web page, many times I get the female voice describing the subject of the page I just opened. When I research the problem, all help sites say to turn off the narrator. The narrator is off but she still remains. It's annoying. I figured it's Cortana which I tried...
  5. finger print touch login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    finger print touch login: Hi, When I originally got my Dell Laptop, my finger print id worked along with my face recognition and pin but now my fingerprint option doesn't even recognize that I am placing my finger there. I have tried removing my old print and resetting it up but it does not register...
  6. Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off: How to: Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off How to Turn On or Off Narrator Echo Toggle Keys when Turned On or Off in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or...
  7. Turn On or Off Lock the Narrator Key in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Lock the Narrator Key in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Lock the Narrator Key in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Lock the Narrator Key in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre...
  8. Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working: Neither Caps Lock + Esc nor Win key + Enter are working. Forced to go to Task Manager to turn off and Control Panel to Ease of Access to turn on. 71089
  9. Turn On or Off Showing Narrator Keyboard Changes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Showing Narrator Keyboard Changes in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Showing Narrator Keyboard Changes in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Showing Narrator Keyboard Changes at Narrator Startup in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. When you turn on Narrator, a Heads up! Narrator...
  10. Turn off touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available on startup: Hi, I have the problem that anytime I touch the screen with my pen (which is what I use instead of a mouse, being an illustrator) the touch keyboard pops up, even though I have a (bluetooth) keyboard attached. I'd like to get rid of this behavior, HOWEVER, it's mandatory...