Windows 10: Change Window Frame Color in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Window Frame Color in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Window Frame Color in Windows 10 How to Change Window Frame Color in Windows 10 The window frame color is the frame color used for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by WinLatest, Jun 26, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Change Window Frame Color in Windows 10

How to: Change Window Frame Color in Windows 10

How to Change Window Frame Color in Windows 10

The window frame color is the frame color used for various elements in classic Win32 system windows, dialogs, and property pages in Windows 10.

The window frame color is dark gray by default in Windows 10.

This tutorial will show you how to change the window frame color used for your account in Windows 10.

*note The window frame color you set will only be applied to your current theme. If you saved for the selected theme.

EXAMPLE: Window frame color when changed to "red"

*note These are some of the system windows, dialogs, and property pages I found the window frame color change in so far. Please feel free to post a screenshot here of other items you notice the window frame color change in.

Change Window Frame Color in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors

3. In the right pane of the Colors key, double click/tap on the WindowFrame string value to modify it. (see screenshot above)

4. Enter the 3 Red Green Blue (ex: 255 0 0) numbers (see tip box below) for the color (ex: red) you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

*note The default RGB value is 100 100 100 for the color dark gray.

Tip To find out the Red Green Blue (RGB) numbers for the custom color you want:

A) Open Paint (mspaint.exe).

B) Click/tap on the Edit colors button in the Home tab.

C) Select a color, and adjust the color to what you want.

D) The Red Green Blue numbers for the color will be at the bottom right corner of the Edit Colors dialog.

E) When finished, you can close Edit Colors and Paint.

5. Close Registry Editor.

6. sign in to apply.

7. You may need to repeat this tutorial until you find a window frame color that looks good to you.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

WinLatest, Jun 26, 2018

2. Window Frame Color

All window frame colors seem to simply be white. Is there an option to change the window frame color.

GeorgeScott, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Change Window Frame Color in Windows 10

Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 27, 2019
  5. rbfagin Win User
    Window Frame Color

Not background color. Not icon color. The question is Frame color. The frame is the line around every window, also known as "title bar" and "border". I also need it to be a color other than white that
    identifies it as active/passive. In XP you had many options to configure the colors of all aspects of a window. Chrome browser can do
    it, but you have to download a theme editor extension. Please recommend a theme editor for Win10 if available.

Can MS change the frame color of a passive/active window? It's a simple yes or no. If no, Win10 is prejudiced against folks with many types of color-blindness disorders and needs to have much better accessibility
    options like the older OSes.

rbfagin, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Window background color - I don't appear to be able to do this on windows 10 as the change color scheme bit isn't there.

Hi Anton,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change color scheme for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Right click on “Desktop screen”.
    • Then click on “Personalize”.
    • Click on “Colors”.
    • And change the color accordingly.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Change Window Frame Color in Windows 10

1. Change Window Frame Color in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Window Frame

2. Can't change frame rate on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change frame rate on windows 10: My friend had a power cut and he came back on but his monitor wasn't working this has happened multiple times before, but a while later it started working, now he is stuck at 30Hz and it normally runs 60Hz and he cant change it anywhere except if he uses a resolution that...
  3. Can't change frame rate on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change frame rate on windows 10: My friend had a power cut and he came back on but his monitor wasn't working this has happened multiple times before, but a while later it started working, now he is stuck at 30Hz and it normally runs 60Hz and he cant change it anywhere except if he uses a resolution that...
  4. Can't change frame rate on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Excel UserForm Frame Border and Color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel UserForm Frame Border and Color: System OS - Windows 10Application - Excel 2019I use UserForms to present or collect information from the end user. Previously the UserForm frame and its color looked like the following:Currently in the VBA editor, the UserForm looks like the the image below and seems very...
  6. Excel UserForm Frame Border and Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel UserForm Frame Border and Color: System OS - Windows 10Application - Excel 2019I use UserForms to present or collect information from the end user. Previously the UserForm frame and its color looked like the following:Currently in the VBA editor, the UserForm looks like the the image below and seems very...
  7. Changing colors in Windows 10

Changing colors in Windows 10: version2004 OS build 19041.867 Hello, I followed the instructions for changing windows 10 background color, and selected color then entered RGB numbers and added custom color. I then signed out and back into the pc and went back and re-did it. The RGB was already in Edit...
  8. Window frame changing color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window frame changing color: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Tomvarior [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kz8fs8/window_frame_changing_color/
  9. Windows color changed

Windows color changed: Hi so earlier i was cleaning my keyborad and didnt unplug. Once i was done with cleaning it i looked up and the whole screen had turned black removed my wallpaper changed the taskbar to black with the divider lines extra bold. colors also switched on the arrows for the...
  10. change to default colors for windows 10

change to default colors for windows 10: what to do if I can not resety color back to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-to-default-colors-for-windows-10/f90c380c-fda0-4fe3-8732-3e7704832359