Windows 10: Microsoft Brings PowerShell to the Ubuntu Snap Store

Discus and support Microsoft Brings PowerShell to the Ubuntu Snap Store in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; “Snaps are great because they provide a single package format that works across many Linux distributions, much like how PowerShell acts as a single... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by roy111, Jul 21, 2018.

1. roy111 Win User

Microsoft Brings PowerShell to the Ubuntu Snap Store

https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/07/...ntu-linux-snap

:)

roy111, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Microsoft store.

Hi Monty,

The error message Windows cannot find ‘ms-windows-store: PurgeCaches’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again means that your Microsoft Store is not registered. For us to assist you, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below
    to re-register your Microsoft Store:

• Press the Windows button + X.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, enter the following command:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml
    • Restart your PC and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Microsoft Store is not working

Hi Rajibkarmakar,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with accessing Windows Store, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of some issues with the Windows Store cache.

So, I suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Run WSReset.exe

• Press Windows+R key to open
      Run
      box
    • Enter wsreset.exe in the Run command and then tap or click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check.

If resetting Windows Store cache does not help then,

Step 2: Re-register Windows Store by running the following commands in a CMD window started as Administrator:

Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Press OK the UAC prompt if shown. That will open an elevated command prompt. (It will show Administrator in the caption.)
    • Then enter the chkdsk command

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    • Restart the computer and try to download the apps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we'll be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Rocky Win User

Rocky, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Brings PowerShell to the Ubuntu Snap Store - Similar Threads - Microsoft Brings PowerShell

2. Microsoft Store won't install via PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store won't install via PowerShell: I had to uninstall the store because it wasn't launching properly. To reinstall it, I've launched PowerShell as administrator and have pasted the following commands:Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  3. Microsoft Store - PowerShell or CMD Manual Install???

Microsoft Store - PowerShell or CMD Manual Install???: I'm runing Windows 11 Home Edition. I tweaked my system for better performance via Scripts, and I inadvertently unistalled the Microsoft Store App. I do not want to perform a system restore or reinstall Windows 11 to get the Microsoft Store App back as it will undo the...
  4. powershell and microsoft store is not on my laptop

powershell and microsoft store is not on my laptop: i recently got a new laptop and decided to get some games, and microsoft store just doesnt exist on my computernow the most common solution that i see is to simply reinstall it via powershell, but powershell is ALSO seemingly gone from my systemeven when i right click the...
  5. powershell and microsoft store is not on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powershell and microsoft store is not on my laptop: i recently got a new laptop and decided to get some games, and microsoft store just doesnt exist on my computernow the most common solution that i see is to simply reinstall it via powershell, but powershell is ALSO seemingly gone from my systemeven when i right click the...
  6. powershell and microsoft store is not on my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Reinstalling Microsoft Store In PowerShell Not Working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reinstalling Microsoft Store In PowerShell Not Working: I Watched dozens of tutorials but nothings working but months ago i succesfully reinstalled ms store but now its not working its not saying initialized i tried to disable and re enable powershell but nothings working and i try troubleshooting and wsreset but nothing works and...
  8. Microsoft Store reinstall powershell method

Microsoft Store reinstall powershell method: Hi, i am trying to reinstall my Microsoft store and tried different methods on youtube and I tried doing the powershell fix but I am stuck on the initialized stage. Can someone help?...
  9. Microsoft Store Install via PowerShell fails

Microsoft Store Install via PowerShell fails: I need to reinstall the MS Store. using the PowerShell command I get: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF0, Package could not be opened. error 0x80070003: Opening file from location: AppxBundleManifest.xml failed with error: The system cannot find...
  10. PowerShell Core from Microsoft is now available for Linux as a Snap

in Windows 10 News
    PowerShell Core from Microsoft is now available for Linux as a Snap: PowerShell Core from Microsoft is now available for Linux as a Snap. Built on the .NET Framework, PowerShell is an open source task-based command-line shell and scripting language with the goal of being the ubiquitous language for managing hybrid cloud assets. It is designed...