Windows 10: Microsoft broadens test of Windows 10's Enterprise Data Protection

Discus and support Microsoft broadens test of Windows 10's Enterprise Data Protection in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft quietly has made available to Windows Insiders the ability to test the Enterprise Data Protection file-encryption technology it is building... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft broadens test of Windows 10's Enterprise Data Protection

Read more: Microsoft broadens test of Windows 10's Enterprise Data Protection feature | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Apr 11, 2016

2. Is Microsoft planning to get out of the operating system business?

Mike (MikeAndersonUSA),

I agree with your question. and if I could ask you, have you found an answer for your requirements.

I would rephrase your question and ask;

"Considering Windows 10's data collection policies, what Operating System is available to non-enterprise lawyers, journalists, engineers, teachers, etc who need require assured protection of client confidentiality, intellectual property, patient information,
    trade secrets, business contracts, etc ?"

Should someone recommend a operating system that 'provides assured protection of client confidentiality, intellectual property, patient information, trade secrets' how can the operating system be configured to support this requirement (I have been researching
    how Enterprise Windows 10 could be configured to support organisations who cannot tolerate data leakage, but have yet to determine how this can be achieved with any level of confidence. Some work colleagues tell me that it is possible.

Windows8TabletPC, Apr 11, 2016
  3. Cheapest Malware Protection

“If organizations like
    AV-Comparatives
    and
    AV-TEST
    performed complete security stack tests (
    i.e.,testing against the complete endpoint protection solution) the results would
    often tell a very different story. For example, in November, we scored a
    98.9%
    based on a single file miss on the Real-World test. The good news, however, is that we would have scored
    100% if either Windows Defender Application Guard or Application Control was enabled.”

Windows Defender Application Guard and Application Control are indeed authentic Enterprise security features; and as such, they can't be used to enhance Windows Defender's protection on Windows10 Home.
    But hopefully that same enhancement logic applies, on some scale, to the non-Enterprise next-gen features that I’ve been testing on Windows 10 Home.

Also note that PUA Protection, Controlled Folder Access, Attack Surface Reduction, and Network Protection are all disabled by default, and would need to be enabled before they were tested. We’re also aware that the Network Protection test is failing.

Windows Defender Detection rate

GreginMich, Apr 11, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft broadens test of Windows 10's Enterprise Data Protection

1. Microsoft broadens test of Windows 10's Enterprise Data Protection - Similar Threads - Microsoft broadens test

2. Ho to Recover Data SSD External Drive Microsoft Windows 11 Enterprise Evaluation Tested...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ho to Recover Data SSD External Drive Microsoft Windows 11 Enterprise Evaluation Tested...: Hi Dear Customer Support Microsoft.Please Give me Support the best method Recover Data External SSD Drive.I would like to ask you very warmly for the best technical support for me. Since birth, I have been a man who is not able-bodied intellectually. Because my parents...
  3. Ho to Recover Data SSD External Drive Microsoft Windows 11 Enterprise Evaluation Tested...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ho to Recover Data SSD External Drive Microsoft Windows 11 Enterprise Evaluation Tested...: Hi Dear Customer Support Microsoft.Please Give me Support the best method Recover Data External SSD Drive.I would like to ask you very warmly for the best technical support for me. Since birth, I have been a man who is not able-bodied intellectually. Because my parents...
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise Retail in S mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Enterprise Retail in S mode: To Whom it May Concern, **** is Microsoft up to? I built a PC, purchased your operating system for that PC, and now Microsoft has this "S" mode which won't even allow me to install third party software even if I want to? And when I read the "S" Mode faq, it even says...
  5. Microsoft introduces Kernel Data Protection to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft introduces Kernel Data Protection to Windows 10: Attackers, confronted by security technologies that prevent memory corruption, like Code Integrity (CI) and Control Flow Guard (CFG), are expectedly shifting their techniques towards data corruption. Attackers use data corruption techniques to target system security policy,...
  6. German Data Protection Agency: Windows 10 1909 Enterprise Telemetry can be fully disabled

in Windows 10 News
    German Data Protection Agency: Windows 10 1909 Enterprise Telemetry can be fully disabled: Telemetry has been a hot topic ever since Microsoft released the first version of the company's Windows 10 operating system. Microsoft decided to integrate the collecting of data deeply into the operating system; so deep that the consumer editions Windows 10 Home and Windows...
  7. Microsoft tests fix for Windows 10’s File Association bug with Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft tests fix for Windows 10’s File Association bug with Insiders: The latest October and November 2018 cumulative updates for Windows 10 has a bug that prevents some users from setting a default app for specific files. Microsoft has already acknowledged the problem in release notes of the Windows 10 cumulative update and the fix is expected...
  8. Switching out of Windows 10 S Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching out of Windows 10 S Enterprise: I just recently purchased a SurfaceGo and immediately upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise. As a result, it is running in S mode. How do I switch out of S mode?...
  9. Microsoft is testing ads in Windows 10’s default Mail app

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is testing ads in Windows 10’s default Mail app: Microsoft has always been showing useful ads in Windows 10 and the company now seems to advertise third-party apps and services in the default Mail app. Ads in Windows 10 Mail app is not a new thing as a little while ago the company displayed a small ad in the lower left...
  10. Data Protection or Virus Protection?

in Windows 10 News
    Data Protection or Virus Protection?: How many private users read long and drawn-out privacy policies when buying or installing software anyway? Especially when it comes to security software. After all, these programs promise not only protection from cyberattacks but also greater privacy. The data experts of...