Windows 10: Microsoft building new browser as part of Windows 10 push

Discus and support Microsoft building new browser as part of Windows 10 push in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; There's been talk for a while that Microsoft was going to make some big changes to Internet Explorer in the Windows 10 time frame, making IE "Spartan"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft building new browser as part of Windows 10 push

Read more...

:)

Brink, Dec 28, 2014

2. Bluetooth Designer Desktop Keyboard Multimedia cause temporary Keyboard Freeze

yup, known issue, the bug does not cause the keyboard to be frozen for an amount of time - instead it is always frozen after the media buttons are pushed for exactly 15 keystrokes. I contacted microsoft, their solution was to send me a new keyboard. Same
    issues.

I had hoped microsoft would correct this yesterday in their creators build, however, the issue still persists.

The sad part is - this is a microsoft designed product, running on windows 10, and for me on a microsoft device (surface pro), unacceptable.

Brody Jespersen, Dec 28, 2014
  3. Microsoft Edge not working!!!

your problem is chrome. I have read some where that chrome did not use the microsoft tool for memory when they did their browser and they have memory issue on their browser. making it to not work on windows 10. seams they put a patch on the chrome browser
    but it does not mean that they have fix everything.

Google is aware of Chrome issue in Windows 10 build 10525, but there's a temporary fix | On MSFT

Google releases fix for 64-bit Chrome bug in Windows 10 build 10525 | On MSFT

Since the release of
    Windows 10 Insider build 10525
    , Windows and Chrome forums have populated with complaints of the 64-bit version hanging and or crashing when in use. Similar to the YouTube for Windows Phone situation, the Chrome team attempted
    to develop around Microsoft’s APIs for Windows 10, rather than using the costly official tools for Microsoft’s 64-bit systems. Understandably, the Chrome team chose to find a solution that did not cost $9,995 (the cost of Microsoft’s 64-bit tools) to implement.
    Unfortunately, for the Chrome team, without the official tools, the beta version of the Chrome browser fell victim to

the new way Windows 10 manages memory

Latest Chrome Canary build works well on Windows 10 build 10525 | On MSFT

i am steve, Dec 28, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

Interesting! Google and Mozilla are more influential than I thought! *Wink

Edwin, Dec 28, 2014
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    This could be very interesting. I for one can't wait to see it.

BunnyJ, Dec 28, 2014
  6. I see a name conflict coming *Smile
    I'm not sure anyone cares about looks anymore Chrome and Firefox look identical.

ThrashZone, Dec 28, 2014
  7. Wow!

I wonder if this means like, they're LITERALLY shipping a new internet browser of which they haven't done since the inception of IE. That would be MAJOR poop right there and honestly, given their recent track record, that would be surprising if they didn't do that.

Also, I like that code name, Spartan. The Spartan browser is way better than chrome!

Coke Robot, Dec 28, 2014
  8. Microsoft building new browser as part of Windows 10 push

I, for one, would hate to see a browser that looks like Chrome and FireFox replace IE. I use IE because I DON'T like Chrome and FireFox.

Lady Fitzgerald, Dec 29, 2014
  9. WHS
    whs Win User
    Well, we already have the one in the picture in Windows 8.1 which is quite different. I wonder whether that is going to be the base for the new browser.

I don't even know what the name of this IE is, but I like it. You can do a lot more with it than with the IE11 - except for favorites.

Microsoft building new browser as part of Windows 10 push [​IMG]

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Wolfgang,

That would be Internet Explorer in modern mode instead of desktop mode in Windows 8.1. *Smile

Brink, Dec 29, 2014
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
    Thanks Shawn. Now the thing has a name, LOL. It is a nice version that I use sometimes - e.g. for finding a post by a certain term.

Watch this - looking for all posts in this thread with the term "spartan". First occurrence is in red, the following are in yellow.

Click on Youtube (bottom right) for full screen control.

[youtube]procoTCX3hE[/youtube]

12. I care.
    Chrome and the new Firefox are horrible.

Making IE look like Chrome won't make much difference, as it already uses the "hide everything from the user" GUI philosophy.

lehnerus2000, Dec 29, 2014
  13. Trust_No1 Win User

Well, not really...I designed my own theme for Chrome... (chrome theme's are nicer IMHO)
    also,
    in Chrome, I set my home page for chrome://apps, which displays the old style chrome page

so it is kind of a yes and no scenario...

But, that aside,
    I wonder if you will be able to do windows updates, via the toolbar as you can in IE?

Trust_No1, Dec 29, 2014
  14. There's not a whole lot of UI to copy from chrome or Firefox I find. They're all very similar as is.

Coke Robot, Dec 29, 2014
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    I really dig the name. Right now I just hope it's better than IE and we get to test it out soon or get a peak at it in Jan.

BunnyJ, Dec 29, 2014
Thema:

1. Microsoft building new browser as part of Windows 10 push - Similar Threads - Microsoft building browser

2. New Windows 11 Build Broke some parts of Windows!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 11 Build Broke some parts of Windows!: Hello.I installed the new Windows 11 build last time and some parts of Windows are breaking,And more parts of Windows are breaking after the cumulative update!Like the start menu not opening.Any ideas on how to fix it?...
  3. New Windows 11 Build Broke some parts of Windows!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows 11 Build Broke some parts of Windows!: Hello.I installed the new Windows 11 build last time and some parts of Windows are breaking,And more parts of Windows are breaking after the cumulative update!Like the start menu not opening.Any ideas on how to fix it?...
  4. Building a new pc, are these parts compatible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Building a new pc, are these parts compatible?: Hi there, I recently decided to sell my pc and use the funds to build one myself. These are the parts I have picked out: Amazon.com Amazon.com Amazon.com Amazon.com Amazon.com Amazon.com Amazon.com However, I don't know much about computers, so I was wondering if anyone could...
  5. New build, new parts, fresh Windows 10 install, no Microsoft account linked - Windows 10 is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New build, new parts, fresh Windows 10 install, no Microsoft account linked - Windows 10 is...: Hi guys, a probably noobish question. Basically I just built a new pc, all new parts; downloaded Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft website, created a bootable USB drive, and proceeded with installation. During installation I selected "I don't have a product key". I then created a...
  6. BSOD New PC build Part 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD New PC build Part 2: I posted on here yesterday regarding my recent PC build and the continues BSOD and random error messages I keep getting. I tried reinstalling Windows from scratch but this time it crashed mid install from USB stating a critical windows stop 'memory management' when it...
  7. Microsoft will begin pushing new Edge to Windows 10 next week

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will begin pushing new Edge to Windows 10 next week: The era of the traditional Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer successor will come to an end as the Chromium-based Edge would begin replacing the old browser next week. As we previously reported, new Microsoft Edge will be pushed via a Windows Update, but depending on your...
  8. Build Part Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build Part Drive: Just installed Windows 10 on a desktop and I noticed when I opened This PC I saw a drive called "BUILD PART". What is that and is it necessary? 89214
  9. New Build with new and old parts, best way to install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Build with new and old parts, best way to install...: Hey guys, I am rebuilding my systems, going to take apart the two I have now and build a new one with new parts as well as old parts from the two systems, its mostly going to be new parts. The system specs I have in this forum is of the PC that I use to...
  10. Microsoft Edge Browser Keeps Losing Users Despite Windows 10 Push

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Browser Keeps Losing Users Despite Windows 10 Push: Edge is Microsoft's new browser for Windows 10 that's supposed to be a stronger rival for the likes of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, but it seems that at least for now, its adoption is well below expectations....