Windows 10: Microsoft buying another 10 million DNA strands for storage research

Discus and support Microsoft buying another 10 million DNA strands for storage research in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; DNA storage could allow vast amounts of data to be stored for thousands of years. Microsoft is buying another ten million strands of DNA to use as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft buying another 10 million DNA strands for storage research

Read more: Microsoft is buying another 10 million strands of DNA for storage research | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Apr 17, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

System Restore Point In Windows 10

How much time and expense do you think Microsoft should take to answer every question that their 400+ million users have about Microsoft's products? Particularly in view of the vast information available on the internet. Do you think people should take
    some responsibility to find answers to their questions? I'm no computer genius, but what I do know about computers wasn't passed to me in my DNA.

BulldogXX, Apr 17, 2017
  3. Madlennas Win User
    problems with micro sd card

Hello there,

Bought a Nokia lumia 520 recently and wanted to extend its memory with a micro sd card. After some research got the 64 GB Class 10 SanDisk microSD. The card shows in the storage space section in settings, but I seem to be unable to store anything on it and
    every time I power the phone on it informs me about the low storage space. Tried to format the card on the phone. Didn't work either... Any ideas?

Thanks a million in advance!

M

Madlennas, Apr 17, 2017
Thema:

Microsoft buying another 10 million DNA strands for storage research

1. Microsoft buying another 10 million DNA strands for storage research - Similar Threads - Microsoft buying another

2. Canalys Research: at least 240 million Windows 10 PCs can't be upgraded

in Windows 10 News
    Canalys Research: at least 240 million Windows 10 PCs can't be upgraded: Windows 10, the most used desktop operating system, runs out of support in October 2025. Estimates see it installed on a billion devices. A report by Canalys Research claims that at least 240 million of devices that run Windows 10 can't be upgraded to Windows 11 or future...
  3. Will anyone ever buy another Microsoft PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will anyone ever buy another Microsoft PC?: Third Windows 10 laptop that spins 100% disk usage and might as well be a brick. Been an MS customer since the 80's. As much as I hate to say it, I'm going with Apple....
  4. Will anyone ever buy another Microsoft PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will anyone ever buy another Microsoft PC?: Third Windows 10 laptop that spins 100% disk usage and might as well be a brick. Been an MS customer since the 80's. As much as I hate to say it, I'm going with Apple....
  5. Buy more storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Buy more storage: Hi,I have windows 10 and have run out of storage. I currently use a macbook but have windows 10 installed. is there a way to buy more storage? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buy-more-storage/11c5c6d2-0a8b-49e9-8483-9fa85141bf62
  6. Buy more storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buy more storage: Hi,I have windows 10 and have run out of storage. I currently use a macbook but have windows 10 installed. is there a way to buy more storage? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buy-more-storage/11c5c6d2-0a8b-49e9-8483-9fa85141bf62
  7. Buy more storage

8. Microsoft and UW demonstrate first fully automated DNA data storage

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft and UW demonstrate first fully automated DNA data storage: [ATTACH] Researchers from Microsoft and the University of Washington have demonstrated the first fully automated system to store and retrieve data in manufactured DNA — a key step in moving the technology out of the research lab and into commercial datacenters. In a simple...
  9. Microsoft Research Collage maker

Microsoft Research Collage maker: I purchased microsoft research collage maker years ago. I had to reboot my computer and when I did it erased all the apps. How do I get the real app back if I do not have the download information....
  10. Why the future of storage is all about DNA

in Windows 10 News
    Why the future of storage is all about DNA: DNA is so flexible that it can be used to create everything from an amoeba to a human, a dinosaur to a dandelion. And it's so small that the DNA needed to create all these life forms can be fitted into a single cell just micrometers large. And while DNA has existed for...