Windows 10: Microsoft changed someething in the Office 2016 setup?

Discus and support Microsoft changed someething in the Office 2016 setup? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have product keys for Office 2016 Pro on MSDN, using those keys I can activate office 2016 by just entering the product key. MSDN has been migrated... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by alphanumeric, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Microsoft changed someething in the Office 2016 setup?

I have product keys for Office 2016 Pro on MSDN, using those keys I can activate office 2016 by just entering the product key. MSDN has been migrated to a new Visual Studio Subscription site. On that new site under product keys I have my old Office 2016 keys listed as "Office Professional Plus 2016 (Discontinued) and new keys listed as "Office Professional Plus 2016". The discontinued keys still work, I'm still using them.
    here's the weird part. Just tried to use one the new keys and I get menu's I have never seen before.

Microsoft changed someething in the Office 2016 setup? [​IMG]

Sorry for the quality, camera acting weird on me. They looked fine in the viewer. I'm logged in with a local account on this PC. I only went as far as the last screen shoot. If I don't do the redeem online, office will not activate. It just asks for a product code and starts all over. If I enter one of my original MSDN keys on that first screen, it activates right away without the add this key an account stuff. If I use one of my new keys I'm back in the add this key to an account loop. I'm debating starting all over again after switching to a Microsoft account to see what happens.

Anybody else seen this? I did a quick forum search and didn't find anything?

:)

alphanumeric, Sep 24, 2017
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 24, 2017
  3. Retaining genuine Windows 10 and genuine Office 2016 after ssd upgrade

Hi,

Changing a component of a device's hardware might lead to Windows activation issues. But no worries, Windows 10 digital license can help you reactivate your Windows after a significant hardware change. This
    link provides further assistance on how to reactivate Windows 10 after changing a hardware section.

With regard to keeping Microsoft Office activated after a hardware change, the best way is to secure its product key. Once you have the product key, uninstall Microsoft Office from your device before changing your hardware component.

If you don't have a product key, your Microsoft Office might be associated with your Microsoft account. If this is the case, make sure that Microsoft Office is redeemed and associated with the correct Microsoft account. Hardware change can be done after
    uninstalling Office 2016. Visit these links for your reference:

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

If you think this was useful, you may "Mark it as an Answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Darleen Pen, Sep 24, 2017
  4. Microsoft changed someething in the Office 2016 setup?

Ok, if I click the FAQ link I get here. Which makes me think my new keys are office 365 keys? They are listed as Retail though on VISUAL Studio? This is the first time I have used one of these new keys. Really confused now?

alphanumeric, Sep 24, 2017
Thema:

Microsoft changed someething in the Office 2016 setup?

1. Microsoft changed someething in the Office 2016 setup? - Similar Threads - Microsoft changed someething

2. OFFICE WORD 2016: un consiglio su setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OFFICE WORD 2016: un consiglio su setup: Ciao, ho installato tempo fa Office 2016 su un portatile e su un PC. Fino a qualche giorno fa eranoro configurati uguali ed erano perfetti. Da poco tempo ho notato che sulla Toolbar in alto a destra di Word del portatile mancano i comandi/Icona di collegamento "Trova,...
  3. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2016: I have Office 2016 and want to dictate to text in word, But am unable to turn it on through the File/options/general pathway, however there is no Office intelligent services listed under General for me to turn it on. So does my Office 2016 bundle include the necessary word...
  4. Reinstall Microsoft Office 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Microsoft Office 2016: Hi, I have a laptop and I'm planning to replace my old ssd with a new one and I will reinstall windows 10. Do i need to uninstall my Microsoft Office 2016 before reinstalling windows 10? NOTE: I'm using one-off payment Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016 Thank you in...
  5. OFFICE 2016

OFFICE 2016: RESPECTED SIR/ MA'AM I WANT TO ASK A QUESTION THAT IS MICROSOFT OFFICE 2016 STILL AVAILABLE TO BE DOWNLOADED FOR FREE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/93c5c231-94de-44e9-a78b-35e78eed65ae
  6. Microsoft Office 2016 Problem?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Office 2016 Problem?: Got a problem. My grandfather wanted to install Office 16. Since he doesn't have a Microsoft account, he chose telephone activation. He couldn't handle the automated voice. As a result, he got a service representative. He deciphered the code to get the other numbers. But...
  7. Loading Microsoft Office 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Loading Microsoft Office 2016: just got a new pc. loading Microsoft Office 2016. it loads, but when i go to open an application i get an error message of Oxc004f200. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loading-microsoft-office-2016/b5bc5391-841a-421e-8fef-b665edb4c86d"
  8. Microsoft Office 2016

Microsoft Office 2016: I purchased Office 2016 and had it installed on my Windows 10 platform. Now, Office 2016 is no longer installed. Why the heavy handed update removal of Office? Why do I have to repeatedly reinstall this software? Why do I have to repeatedly prove I purchased this...
  9. Change Background of Office 2016 for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Background of Office 2016 for Windows: How to: Change Background of Office 2016 for Windows How to Change Background of Office 2016 for Windows [img] Information You can change the look and feel of all your Office programs by changing the Office Background. In Office 2016 you can choose from no background...
  10. Change Theme of Office 2016 for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Theme of Office 2016 for Windows: How to: Change Theme of Office 2016 for Windows How to Change Theme of Office 2016 for Windows [img] Information You can change the look and feel of all your Office programs by changing the Office Theme. In Office 2016 you can choose from Colorful, Black, Dark Gray,...