Windows 10: Microsoft confirms built-in Hyper-V containers are coming to Win 10...

Discus and support Microsoft confirms built-in Hyper-V containers are coming to Win 10... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft confirms built-in Hyper-V containers are coming to Windows 10 testers soon Another new feature in the 'Anniversary' update to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Microsoft confirms built-in Hyper-V containers are coming to Win 10...

Microsoft confirms built-in Hyper-V containers are coming to Windows 10 testers soon
    Another new feature in the 'Anniversary' update to Windows 10 will be built-in Hyper-V Container support, Microsoft officials are now confirming.

Microsoft confirms built-in Hyper-V containers are coming to Win 10... [​IMG]

Read more: http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...ampaign=buffer

:)

Cluster Head, Apr 4, 2016

2. Virtualisation on Windows 10 host machine

Hyper-v can only run on win 8 & win 10 (it is designed for them). There are other Virtual clients but IMHO Hyper-v serves most needs, is built into the system, and is free.

Here is a link on how to enable Hyper-v and while it speaks about win 8 it also applies to win 10

Step-By-Step: Enabling Hyper-V for use on Windows 8.1

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 4, 2016
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Hyper-V in Windows 10 Home

You can't get Hyper-V in Windows Home. You have to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, approx US$100.

Before you pay to upgrade to Win 10 Pro, confirm that your hardware supports Hyper-V

http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-fin...

If your hardware can't support Hyper-V, there are other VM tools you can use.

Rohn007, Apr 4, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft confirms built-in Hyper-V containers are coming to Win 10...

1. Microsoft confirms built-in Hyper-V containers are coming to Win 10... - Similar Threads - Microsoft confirms built

2. Hyper-V and Containers not in Windows Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V and Containers not in Windows Features: I tried working with Docker on my desktop, on trying to turn on some windows features, I noticed that hyper -v and containers are not available on my windows features. I don't know why, Is there a way I can resolve this?Do I need to do any extra installations on my system, if...
  3. Hyper-V and Containers not in Windows Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V and Containers not in Windows Features: I tried working with Docker on my desktop, on trying to turn on some windows features, I noticed that hyper -v and containers are not available on my windows features. I don't know why, Is there a way I can resolve this?Do I need to do any extra installations on my system, if...
  4. Hyper-V and Containers not in Windows Features

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Coming around to Hyper-V on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Coming around to Hyper-V on Windows 10: Been a long time user of VMWare at work and at home. After a job change, I lost access to my VMWare Workstation license and my new employer doesn't license the desktop product for us, so I switched to Virtual Box. However, with WSL2 and Docker Desktop both relying on backend...
  6. Password problem logging into Win 10 on Hyper-V

Password problem logging into Win 10 on Hyper-V: Yesterday I set up a virtual machine using Hyper-V on Win 8.1.1 and installed Win 10 10041. After installation, I went through the "connect" and "start" functions but it seemed to lock up with a white screen and "wait a moment" plus the rotating dotted circle. I left it...
  7. stalled install of hyper-v on win 10 pro host

stalled install of hyper-v on win 10 pro host: Hi, I hope someone may be able to point me in the right direction. I am installing win 10 pro on my machine, which goes fine, then when i try to install hyper-v (add program and features) it seems to go well, reboots, tells me installing features, reboots again, then just...
  8. Create and run Hyper-V containers using Docker on Windows 10 desktop

Create and run Hyper-V containers using Docker on Windows 10 desktop: Create and run Hyper-V containers using Docker on Windows 10 desktop As you probably know the Windows Insider program allows to get preview Windows 10 builds to test the new features that are coming in the next major update of Windows. Since a few weeks, a new feature...
  9. MS is now previewing Hyper-V Containers on Win10 with build 14352

in Windows 10 News
    MS is now previewing Hyper-V Containers on Win10 with build 14352: Microsoft is now previewing Hyper-V Containers on Windows 10 with build 14352 [img] Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352, Microsoft has begun previewing Hyper-V Containers in Windows 10. Microsoft’s Neil Peterson introduced the concept of...
  10. //build 2016 Container Announcements: Hyper-V Containers and Win 10

in Windows 10 News
    //build 2016 Container Announcements: Hyper-V Containers and Win 10: //build 2016 Container Announcements: Hyper-V Containers and Windows 10 and PowerShell For Docker! //Build/ will always be a special place for Windows containers, this was the stage where last year we first showed the world a Windows Server Container. So it’s fitting...
Tags: