Windows 10: Microsoft confirms recovery tool for Windows 10 for phones previewers

Discus and support Microsoft confirms recovery tool for Windows 10 for phones previewers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has officially confirmed that a software recovery tool will be available for those joining the Windows 10 for phones preview program, so they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft confirms recovery tool for Windows 10 for phones previewers

:)

Brink, Feb 9, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

Can't get Cyan for my Lumia920T

Users of the Developer Preview cannot get the Cyan firmware update. I can't confirm the rumour about Chinese phones not being able to use the Nokia Recovery Tool.

My suggestion is that you simply wait for Microsoft to fix the issue with Cyan and the Developer Preview. There's nothing super special in the Cyan firmware that would be worth the downgrade.

Entegy, Feb 9, 2015
  3. HaakLong Win User
    Lumia Icon showing "Not For Resale" on startup on Windows Phone 8.0

Alternatively to the Lumia Software Recover Tool (previously the Nokia Software Recover Tool), you can use one of Microsoft Mobile Oy's various software support support suites such as the Nokia P.C. Suite, Nokia Suite, Microsoft Care Suite/Nokia Care Suite,
    and/or the Windows Phone Recovery Tool, ALL of them you can download here on Microsoft dot com, otherwise there are a few 3rd party alternatives, but the safest bet is through Microsoft's own software suites.

Personally I have "unbricked" a Nokia Lumia 1520 through Microsoft's Windows Phone Recovery Tool and the Windows 10 preview also says "not for resale" so my first advise would be using the Lumia Software Recovery Tool and/or Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

HaakLong, Feb 9, 2015
  4. Vladimir Win User

Good to know !

*Smile

Vladimir, Feb 9, 2015
  5. meebers Win User
    Is there an existing list yet of the supported phones? "@RoyHansen1 Yes, we'll have a recovery tool to roll back for all phones that are supported for the preview." I have a $20 Nokia Lumia 521 that might be "tested" if supported.

meebers, Feb 9, 2015
  6. Tully Win User

Tully, Feb 12, 2015
  7. WHS
    whs Win User
    What would one do with a recovery tool on a phone that is not supported, LOL.

8. Edwin New Member

It's been reported, (unofficially), that there is something severely wrong with this tool.
    I ran it and got zapped with a BSOD and my phone went black.
    Restarted my PC, now I'm experiencing all kinds of issues.
    Took the battery out of my Phone and restarted it then ran Nokia Recovery Software. Phone's all good! *Smile
    (Now to get my PC back on track!)

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft confirms recovery tool for Windows 10 for phones previewers - Similar Threads - Microsoft confirms recovery

2. Microsoft confirms Windows 10’s screenshot tool is crashing for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10’s screenshot tool is crashing for some users: It looks like Windows 10’s native screenshot tool called ‘Snip & Sketch’ is being hit by a pretty annoying problem, where the app simply fails to load for some users when they try to take screenshots. This bug doesn’t appear to entirely affect the operating system’s ability...
  3. Windows Phone Recovery Tool installation problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Phone Recovery Tool installation problem: Hello, I am currently using Windows 10 Home. Now I am facing a problem during installation of software Windows Phone recovery tool version: 3.14.07501. After clicking "install" and giving admin permission, it starts initializing process. After few moments it stuck into...
  4. Microsoft confirms Windows 10’s new feature will suggest tools and services

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10’s new feature will suggest tools and services: For the past two months, Microsoft has been testing a new personalization setting that will suggest tools to help you optimize Windows 10. Based on your device usage, Microsoft says it will provide suggestions for tools, services and tips from various categories, such as...
  5. windows 10 recovery tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 recovery tool: recovery tool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-recovery-tool/792134a5-3584-4d5c-87fc-ca7f0d9bb664
  6. Microsoft confirms Disk Cleanup tool deprecation in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Disk Cleanup tool deprecation in Windows 10: Microsoft announced plans to deprecate the classic Disk Cleanup tool in Windows 10 on the official Windows and Windows Server storage blog. When Microsoft released Windows 10 it made its intentions clear that it wanted to move away from classic tools such as the Control...
  7. Microsoft confirms it has recommended Edge browser in Windows 10 preview builds

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms it has recommended Edge browser in Windows 10 preview builds: A report yesterday revealed that Microsoft is planning to recommend Edge browser on Windows 10 in an aggressive way. But as expected, this is just an experiment for time being and it won’t be included in the public version of Windows 10. The new recommendation or suggestion...
  8. Microsoft Confirms Transparency Effects for Windows 10 PCs and Phones

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms Transparency Effects for Windows 10 PCs and Phones: Windows 10 is still work in progress on both PCs and phones, so many of the features that we use right now on the technical preview builds for these devices are going to be tweaked before the final release of the operating system. Case in point, the transparency effect...
  9. Windows Device Recovery Tool - Recover Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows Device Recovery Tool - Recover Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Windows Device Recovery Tool - Recover Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Use Windows Device Recovery Tool to Rollback from Windows 10 Mobile [img] Information You can download the resetting your phone fixes the problem. This tutorial will show you how to use...
  10. Microsoft confirms that Spartan will be in the next Windows 10 preview

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms that Spartan will be in the next Windows 10 preview: [img] Microsoft has been working on a new browser that they currently call Project Spartan. While the name has not been finalized, this new browser represents a break from Internet Explorer and has many new features too. At Mobile World Congress today, Microsoft...