Windows 10: Microsoft defragmentation doesn't detect hdd (D & E drives) while it does detect ssd(C drive)

Discus and support Microsoft defragmentation doesn't detect hdd (D & E drives) while it does detect ssd(C drive) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Providing the screen shot : [IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RishabhPatel9, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Microsoft defragmentation doesn't detect hdd (D & E drives) while it does detect ssd(C drive)

Providing the screen shot :

Microsoft defragmentation doesn't detect hdd (D & E drives) while it does detect ssd(C drive) [​IMG]

:)

RishabhPatel9, Jul 5, 2018

2. Drive error detected

ok, I have 2 drives in my system. A C drive (OS) and a E drive (data only drive).

I do not clone the C drive to the E drive.

I clone the C drive to completely different (third) SSD using Macrium Reflect.

I boot from the cloned C drive (not E) and errors are reported on the E drive.

I put the original C drive back in and boot - No errors on the E drive.

There are three drives involved.

Original C, E data drive, and a third SSD that is the cloned C drive.

I disconnect the original C and boot from the third drive (the cloned C).

Immediately get drive errors on E.

Remove cloned C drive and reinsert original C and boot.

No errors detected.

The alert message does not specify which drive has the errors, but experience with this

issue is that the E drive is the drive reporting errors.

snifferpro, Jul 5, 2018
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Webroot Drive Eraser doesn't detect HDD size corrently

When using the Webroot Drive Eraser (the program that wipes out the drive with zeros... you can make one with window washer), it sometimes doesn't detect my hard drive size properly. In particular, I'm working on a 250gb drive that gets detected as 135gb... is this a serious problem? Will it not erase the rest of the un-detected space?

4. stgreg Win User

Microsoft defragmentation doesn't detect hdd (D & E drives) while it does detect ssd(C drive)

C Drive (SSD) getting full. Data D: (HDD) nothing on it.

My computer is 3 months old. The configuration is OS C 256GB SSD, Data D 2TB HDD. C Drive is getting full, fast. D Drive has virtually nothing on it. I have tried to install larger programs on D, but the install wizards default to C. At this point,
    I won't have room for Updates in no time at all. I am able to direct some small Apps, docs, music files, etc., to D: But, nothing of any real size. How can I correct this?

Also, System restore takes a lot of space. So, I am constantly deleting all restore points except for the most recent. Can I direct System restore to Data D:, and turn protection off OS C:? (That would help... a little).

stgreg, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft defragmentation doesn't detect hdd (D & E drives) while it does detect ssd(C drive)

1. Microsoft defragmentation doesn't detect hdd (D & E drives) while it does detect ssd(C drive) - Similar Threads - Microsoft defragmentation doesn't

2. Windows detects SSD drive as HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows detects SSD drive as HDD: Hello, i have three disks in my PCC: M.2 1TB SSD windows driveD: 1TB HDDE: M.2 1TB SSDi freshly installed windows 11 pro, in task manager the only disk showing up as a SSD is my windows drive. the two other drives as HDDi unplugged my HDD and formatted my E: disk again. then...
  3. Windows detects SSD drive as HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows detects SSD drive as HDD: Hello, i have three disks in my PCC: M.2 1TB SSD windows driveD: 1TB HDDE: M.2 1TB SSDi freshly installed windows 11 pro, in task manager the only disk showing up as a SSD is my windows drive. the two other drives as HDDi unplugged my HDD and formatted my E: disk again. then...
  4. SSD Drive not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Drive not detected: Hi, I had encountered a problem in my SSD drive. It was not detected in 'Computer' part in my file but in the 'Disk Management' the file is shown but only show--> Disk 1 Removable Z: No mediaI have tried all sorts of solutions provided in the internet but none of the worked....
  5. SSD Drive not detected

SSD Drive not detected: Hi, I had encountered a problem in my SSD drive. It was not detected in 'Computer' part in my file but in the 'Disk Management' the file is shown but only show--> Disk 1 Removable Z: No mediaI have tried all sorts of solutions provided in the internet but none of the worked....
  6. My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?: A couple days ago, my computer stopped working for “inaccessible boot device” error. I tried everything that is available, and now resetting windows will be the only option now.However, before I did. I was checking my files in cmd making sure everything is there and I noticed...
  7. My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?

My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?: A couple days ago, my computer stopped working for “inaccessible boot device” error. I tried everything that is available, and now resetting windows will be the only option now.However, before I did. I was checking my files in cmd making sure everything is there and I noticed...
  8. Windows doesn't detect D: drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows doesn't detect D: drive: My computer doesn't seem to be able to "see" my D: drive. When I try to change where new content is saved there's only the C: drive, but when I check disk management the D: drive is there. Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance....
  9. Moving files from c: drive (SSD) to e: drive (hdd)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving files from c: drive (SSD) to e: drive (hdd): [ATTACH] So i have an ssd with 447gb and a hdd with 595gb as shown below: https://preview.redd.it/z58f5igsmgs51.png?width=895&format=png&auto=webp&s=d648dbd5c143f4dd5909c761054dadddde1397e7 I want to move some files into hdd to have more space. But I've heard that it...
  10. Moving Apps from C SSD drive to D HDD drive.

Moving Apps from C SSD drive to D HDD drive.: I tried moving my Microsoft game apps to my much larger D drive, using the instructions that were recommended: [ATTACH] They stayed on drive C, but they did show up here on D: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] How do I open these in D, delete the ones in C, but still have icons on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defragmantation ssd drive

2. one of my hdd does not show up for defragmentation