Windows 10: Microsoft delays slow ring Windows 10 9879 release...

Discus and support Microsoft delays slow ring Windows 10 9879 release... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft had originally stated that they planned to release Windows 10 build 9879 to 'slow ring' users possibly this week but that is no longer the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Nov 20, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft delays slow ring Windows 10 9879 release...

More

:)

labeeman, Nov 20, 2014
  2. WayneRupp Win User

doubt

Sumanth,

As an Insider, I notice your profile doesn't show you as an Insider, you can opt for Fast, Slow, or Release Preview Rings. The Release Preview and Slow Rings of Insiders are more stable and less tumultuous of the three rings. I prefer the Release Preview
    ring...didn't like the Fast ring...haven't tried the Slow ring.

Updates are not optional in the Insiders group and you will have to accept them.
    Are they necessary? MS thinks so. Insiders have granted permission to being testers for MS. Updates are not optional in Windows 10 in general. They can be delayed in some cases.

Not wise to run Insider builds on your one and only computer device as previously stated by Micael Nielsen above, with the exception perhaps of the Release Preview Ring, in my opinion.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Wayne

WayneRupp, Nov 20, 2014
  3. TheLnxDrd Win User
    Windows 10 Insider 10565 build not showing!

Hey!

I'm part of the Windows 10 Slow ring insider preview program.

Microsoft released 10565 update to fast ring users and then was released to slow ring users.

Well i have been waiting and hitting that check for update button for few days for not and still not getting anything.

Any suggestions!?

TheLnxDrd, Nov 20, 2014
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Does anybody know what 'slow ring' users are ?

5. labeeman Win User
    Yep if you have W10 installed you will have a setting in pc settings, update and recovery, preview builds you will have a choice to receive the builds in a fast lane (more bugs) or the slow lane (some bugs fixed).

labeeman, Nov 21, 2014
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    Thanks Charlie. Much obliged for the explanation.

7. labeeman Win User
    You are welcome and I like your avatar.

labeeman, Nov 21, 2014
  8. WHS
    whs Win User

Yeah, Snow Leopard. My favorite cat.

9. cpupro Win User
    Which brings us to another question. If we didn't have problems on the"Fast" track will there be something to download that will improve something? Will they tell us what is being improved?

With the "Slow" track is it not true that there should be"iso's" with this next week?

cpupro, Nov 21, 2014
  10. The real reason for the delay is the time frame will be around Thanksgiving and all the tester's will be full of Turkey.
    Eating too much Turkey makes one somewhat sleepy and therefore the tester's won't be as cranky/critical with their responses.

I get that same feeling and it takes me a day or two just to remove my skinny body off the couch.*Sick

Microsoft delays slow ring Windows 10 9879 release... [​IMG]

The Howling Wolves, Nov 21, 2014
  11. labeeman Win User
    And also full of holiday spirits we will not care if M$ bricks our PC.LOL

labeeman, Nov 21, 2014
  12. Which brings us to another question. If we didn't have problems on the"Fast" track will there be something to download that will improve something? Will they tell us what is being improved?

With the "Slow" track is it not true that there should be"iso's" with this next week? The 9879 ISO's are out now, Windows 10 Build 9879 iso now available. I don't think there is any big difference between what you get via fast track versus slow track. Not unless you skip a build in the process. What ever changes are made in what gets released to the slow track will be done for those that used the fast track via Windows updates. If its the same build number for both how much different can they be? If there is a big glitch/bug that sneaks out, those on the slow track can avoid it until its patched. Or a new build gets pushed out.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft delays slow ring Windows 10 9879 release... - Similar Threads - Microsoft delays slow

2. How to move from Slow Ring to Release Builds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move from Slow Ring to Release Builds?: I've my Windows Insider Programme settings to 'Stop getting preview builds when the next version of Windows 10 is installed', however, I haven't been offered the release build via Windows Update, and the manual Windows 10 Update Assistant utility says i'm already on the...
  3. Windows 10 May 2019 Update released to Release Preview ring

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update released to Release Preview ring: Hello Windows Insiders, Last week, we announced how we are improving the Windows 10 update experience with the Windows 10 May 2019 Update in a blog post from Mike Fortin. As part of that blog post, Mike outlined how we plan to deploy the May 2019 Update to customers. Right...
  4. safe to switch from Slow Ring to the Release Preview Ring ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    safe to switch from Slow Ring to the Release Preview Ring ?: I am currently using the windows 10 Insider preview 18351 and am on the insider program . I want to switch to the Release Preview Ring from the Slow Ring. is this safe to do ?...
  5. Microsoft to release Slow ring builds more frequently with Redstone 5

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to release Slow ring builds more frequently with Redstone 5: The Slow ring on the Windows Insider Program has always been a strange middle ground, with the Fast ring on the cutting edge and the Release Preview ring getting cumulative updates that are slated for public release. Windows Insider chief Dona Sarkar once told me that the...
  6. Error getting KB4015583 in Windows 10 Slow and Release Preview rings

in Windows 10 News
    Error getting KB4015583 in Windows 10 Slow and Release Preview rings: Insiders moving from Fast ring to either Slow or Release Preview rings may experience an install failure with error code 0x80073715 when they are offered KB4015583 (Build 15063.14). The error is understood and expected as we released a different version of the KB to Slow and...
  7. Windows 10 build 9879 going out to slow ring participant

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 build 9879 going out to slow ring participant: It was only a week ago that Microsoft delivered a new Windows 10 build (9879). While a those in the slow ring did not have access to that update, it looks like the new build could makes its way to that ring shortly. Windows 10 build 9879 going out to 'slow ring'...
  8. Windows 10 Delayed Release Is Latest Microsoft Blooper

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Delayed Release Is Latest Microsoft Blooper: Windows 10 Delayed Release Is Latest Microsoft Blooper (Link) Windows 10 will launch on July 29th, but today Microsoft MSFT -0.18% has revealed this will only be for a very select group of users See above link for more details.
  9. Microsoft has released Windows 10 10041 to Slow ring users, 3 patches

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has released Windows 10 10041 to Slow ring users, 3 patches: Microsoft has announced today that Windows Insiders in the 'Slow' ring will now have access to Windows 10 build 10041. In addition to the Slow ring deployment, there are also three new updates for Fast ring users too. The three patches will make the platform more stable,...
  10. Windows 10 build 9879 going out to 'slow ring' participant

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 build 9879 going out to 'slow ring' participant: It was only a week ago that Microsoft delivered a new Windows 10 build (9879). While a those in the slow ring did not have access to that update, it looks like the new build could makes its way to that ring shortly. According to Gabriel Aul, Microsoft is almost ready to push...