Windows 10: microsoft designer keyboard does not recognise shortcuts

Discus and support microsoft designer keyboard does not recognise shortcuts in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am using a Surface pro 4 with Windows 10, with an external monitor and microsoft designer keyboard. The problem is that i can with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KarlBak, Aug 14, 2018.

1. KarlBak Win User

microsoft designer keyboard does not recognise shortcuts

Hello,

I am using a Surface pro 4 with Windows 10, with an external monitor and microsoft designer keyboard.

The problem is that i can with the plugin keyboard of surface do all keyboard shortcuts like ctrl+c and ctrl+v, which i cannot do on the designer keyboard.

like wenn i press ctrl+x on surface keyboard, it cuts a piece of text, but on the designer keyborad does not do anything.

But it works well :-D, wenn I press ctrl on the designer keyboard + x on the surface.

So, I searched on the web, reinstalled the drivers and updated it, but nothing happend.

Windows 10 is up to date.

Regards

:)

KarlBak, Aug 14, 2018

2. Microsoft Designer Keyboard issues on Windows 10

Just bought the Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse today, and i'm already having the exact same issues as everyone above:

- No shortcut keys (volume, play/pause, etc..);

- Every time i press one of the shortcut keys, the keyboard constantly freezes and then displays the last 15 characters pressed;

I've done all the steps suggested and everything is still not working.

If i don't solve this issue until the end of this week i'm returning my Microsoft Designer back.

Ricky.Lopes, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Microsoft Designer Keyboard special keys not working properly

Just bought the Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse today, and i'm already having the exact same issues as everyone above:

- No shortcut keys (volume, play/pause, etc..);

- Every time i press one of the shortcut keys, the keyboard constantly freezes and then displays the last 15 characters pressed;

I've done all the steps suggested and everything is still not working.

If i don't solve this issue until the end of this week i'm returning my Microsoft Designer back.

4. microsoft designer keyboard does not recognise shortcuts

Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop (Keyboard) Issues

Hi,

I bought today Microsoft's Designer Bluetooth Desktop. I managed to setup and pair the keyboard and mouse with my bluetooth dongle in Windows 10 without issues. Worked a while with the keyboard and mouse, tested all the keys and everything worked as normal.

After a Windows restart the keyboard shortcuts stopped working and every time i press a shortcut key (ex.: Volume), the keyboard crashes and only starts working after i press a key 15 times. This issues happens every single time i press a shortcut key.

I uninstalled the keyboard and paired it again to my machine and it starts working again as it should. But every time i restart my machine or don't use the keyboard and mouse for a period of time it stops working again.

My Windows is updated and my system has all its drivers updated (Asus BT400 bluetooth adapter and Designer Desktop keyboard and mouse).

I found identical issues on this forum, and tried all there solutions without any good result:

At the moment i'm writing this question using the Designer Desktop keyboard with the Fn key enabled so that i don't accidentally trigger the shortcuts and freeze the keyboard.

What i would like to know is, whether or not Microsoft acknowledged this issue and is it or not working on a solution.

Looking forward for a response.

Thema:

microsoft designer keyboard does not recognise shortcuts

1. microsoft designer keyboard does not recognise shortcuts - Similar Threads - microsoft designer keyboard

2. Microsoft Designer Keyboard does not pair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard does not pair: Hello,I just bought the Microsoft Designer Keyboard with the mouse and wanted to connect it with my laptop. The mouse works perfectly fine, but the keyboard is unable to pair.I got the keyboard into the pairing mode and it shows up when I'm searching for new bluetooth...
  3. Microsoft Designer Keyboard does not pair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard does not pair: Hello,I just bought the Microsoft Designer Keyboard with the mouse and wanted to connect it with my laptop. The mouse works perfectly fine, but the keyboard is unable to pair.I got the keyboard into the pairing mode and it shows up when I'm searching for new bluetooth...
  4. Microsoft Designer Keyboard does not pair

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: Hi, I had my Designer Keyboard for not even 2 years now and suddenly it stopped working. I thought it might have something to do with the batteries, however after I switched them it still is not working.When I hold the paring key nothing happens the LED will not light up....
  6. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: Hi, I had my Designer Keyboard for not even 2 years now and suddenly it stopped working. I thought it might have something to do with the batteries, however after I switched them it still is not working.When I hold the paring key nothing happens the LED will not light up....
  7. Designer Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard

Designer Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard: My designer microsoft keyboard and mouse has been working perfectly for months. Today I moved from a hotel back to my apartment. When trying to re"pair" the devices only the mouse could be found. On the keyboard latest design there is no power button or pairing button. I have...
  8. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

Microsoft Designer Keyboard: I purchased the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mouse and continuing to have issues with the keyboard, to the point where it shows as paired, but not connected. I continually have to switch my laptop on and off to get it to connect and have had to remove...
  9. Multiple Microsoft Designer keyboards

Multiple Microsoft Designer keyboards: I have two Microsoft Designer keyboards that I want to connect to my new laptop one uses Cyrillic characters, the other Roman. I managed fine with my previous laptop Surface Pro but I'm not succeeding with my HP Envy. I can connect each one separately, but I can't connect a...
  10. Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse

Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse: Hi there , I'm trying to pair my disgner keyboard and mouse to a bluetooth 2.0 stick, the keyboard and the mouse don't show on the pairing list . Q: is this problem caused by the bluetooth 2.0 because it's an older version ? Thanks in Advanced...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is microsoft keyboard ctrl x etc not working on bluetooth keyboard (connected to Surface Pro)?