Windows 10: Microsoft Desktop app installer errors

Discus and support Microsoft Desktop app installer errors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I keep getting update errors with various designations fo are Microsoft Desktop app installer, I'm not trying to install any desktop applications from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MSRadell, Dec 3, 2017.

1. MSRadell Win User

Microsoft Desktop app installer errors

I keep getting update errors with various designations fo are Microsoft Desktop app installer, I'm not trying to install any desktop applications from Microsoft or anybody else. This is been happening for several days.

:)

MSRadell, Dec 3, 2017

2. I have over 1000+ CD's that I legally own, burned to my Windows 7 PC, worked great. Upgraded to Windows 10, now CODEX is not working / no longer playing my music!!!

You downloaded and installed the desktop VLC player (_not_ from the Microsoft store/app store) and it could not play the files (individually, on the CDs) either? If you copy a WMA file to the desktop and try to play it, what error (if any) do you get?

Shenan Stanley, Dec 3, 2017
  3. Safi_2526 Win User
    Windows Phone Desktop App

Hi,

Iam getting the below error while installing the Windows Phone app for desktop.

Phone: Nokia Lumina 520 ..
    Lap : Win 7

Error

We cant install the Windows Phone app for desktop on server operating system.

Please help.

Safi_2526, Dec 3, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

A screen capture of the error message would be helpful. If you know how to use the snipping tool, grab a copy and post it to this thread the next time you see it. If you're not familiar with this tool, check out this TenForums tutorial please: Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials .
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 3, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Microsoft App Installer is a built-in part of Windows 10. Its purpose is to help you install other Desktop Apps. It doen't have an entry on the Start menu, it is invoked by double-clicking on a .appx or .appxbundle file - in much the same way as the Windows Installer installs conventional programs by double-clicking on a .msi file.

App Installer - Wikipedia

As the App Installer is itself a Desktop App it is updated not through windows update but through the Store. Do you have any other preinstalled Store apps that have problems updating - like Mail, Groove Music, Photos, Calculator, Films & TV or the Store itself?

I have the Store set for manual updates. I've just opened the Store and successfully updated my App Installer.

Actually you are, though you may not realise it. If you have the Store set to automatically update Apps then it will be working in the background to install updates for all the preinstalled Desktop Apps that come with Windows 10.

Bree, Dec 4, 2017
  6. EdTittel Win User
    EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Desktop app installer errors - Similar Threads - Microsoft Desktop app

2. Help with desktop Microsoft Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with desktop Microsoft Apps: For past few days I am unable to open any MS App on my laptop. When I click on Excel, it says the program using this shortcut has moved. But I didn't make any changes whatsoever on my laptop regarding Microsoft Apps. I have an active MS365 product which came with this laptop....
  3. Help with desktop Microsoft Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with desktop Microsoft Apps: For past few days I am unable to open any MS App on my laptop. When I click on Excel, it says the program using this shortcut has moved. But I didn't make any changes whatsoever on my laptop regarding Microsoft Apps. I have an active MS365 product which came with this laptop....
  4. Microsoft Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Remote Desktop App: So I'm trying to set up the remote desktop app on my iOS device it goes to connect to my pc fine but then asks for a user account but no matter how I type it it doesn't work.I log in to my PC with a Microsoft account not a local account.I tried creating a random local account...
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop App

Microsoft Remote Desktop App: So I'm trying to set up the remote desktop app on my iOS device it goes to connect to my pc fine but then asks for a user account but no matter how I type it it doesn't work.I log in to my PC with a Microsoft account not a local account.I tried creating a random local account...
  6. Microsoft Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Remote Desktop App: I have two versions of Microsoft Remote DesktopPC1- Version 10.2.1817.0PC2- Version 1.2.3130.0 x64The 10.2.x version includes capability to add 'PCs' & 'Workspaces' as opposed to the 1.2.x which only allows adding 'Workspaces'. Has adding PCs been removed in in later version...
  7. Microsoft Remote Desktop App

Microsoft Remote Desktop App: I have two versions of Microsoft Remote DesktopPC1- Version 10.2.1817.0PC2- Version 1.2.3130.0 x64The 10.2.x version includes capability to add 'PCs' & 'Workspaces' as opposed to the 1.2.x which only allows adding 'Workspaces'. Has adding PCs been removed in in later version...
  8. App Installer Error In Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App Installer Error In Microsoft Store: i cant download any games in the store and it shows i can click on it but when i hover over install it shows a red x and i checked my downloads and the 2 things that wont install is App installer and Xbox Companion plz help...
  9. Microsoft app installer installation error

Microsoft app installer installation error: when I try to install any appx file using the normal app installer from Microsoft store I'm getting an error message saying "class not registered 0x80040154." Can someone please help me with this problem...
  10. Microsoft Store install apps error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Store install apps error: Of late I am unable to install any app from Microsoft Store. Instead it brings an error. I tried to reset my pc but the same problem was still, there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-install-apps-error/3559fcb8-913c-437b-8cfb-9a0c095fd704

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft.desktop app installer not working

2. microsoft desktop app installer not updating