Windows 10: Microsoft display adapter not working on non miracast laptop

Discus and support Microsoft display adapter not working on non miracast laptop in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; MY DEVICE DETAIL Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834) Language: English (Regional Setting:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by jigyansu, Dec 19, 2017.

1. jigyansu Win User

Microsoft display adapter not working on non miracast laptop

MY DEVICE DETAIL

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: Dell Inc. System Model: Inspiron N5010 BIOS: BIOS Date: 01/09/10 15:17:22 Ver: 08.00.10 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 450 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM Available OS Memory: 3894MB RAM Page File: 3964MB used, 1226MB available Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS DirectX Version: DirectX 12 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled Miracast: Not AvailableMicrosoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported DxDiag Version: 10.00.15063.0000 64bit Unicode

i bought microsft display adapter to connect my laptop with amazon fire stick for mirroring my screen to tv.but when i connect the microsft device.its not showing anything in laptop.i cant eve add this device.how it get work. i heard if i dont have miracast in built.it can help as wireless display.its not even add as device...add a device option keep searching...but not finding...

:)

jigyansu, Dec 19, 2017

2. Miracast in Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Please clarify

... I was only able to randomly connect with Miracast, once connected (IF it connected) there were video and audio issues. I did manage to update the firmware of my display adapter before I connected to Surface Support....

What do you actually mean by Miracast? It could mean a number of things:

• Microsoft branded Wireless Display Adapter 2014-2016 (an external dongle)
    • New Microsoft branded Wireless Display Adapter 2016- (an external dongle)
    • A non-Microsoft branded Miracast compliant Adapter (external dongle)
    • A Miracast compliant device (e.g. Miracast-capable receiver like a TV)
    • A Miracast compliant device (e.g. Miracast-capable receiver like the Sony Pico projector MP-CL1
    • It could also mean the firmware of your display drivers of your Windows 10 Anniversary Update PC

Since you say you manage the firmware of a display adapter, I assume its one of those external dongles?

On my end, I have the latest windows update installed for my Windows 10 Professional equipped Surface Pro 3, still doesn't work with my Miracast compliant Sony MP-CL1.

It's silly, because even an Android phone that's mere fraction of the Surface Pro 3 price can connect to the Sony MP-CL1

It's worst when you know that the Surface Pro 3 was working seamlessly with the Sony MP-CL1 until Microsoft Windows 10 Anniversary update muck it up

when2meets2boy, Dec 19, 2017
  3. Miracast in Windows 10 Anniversary Update

I would have to agree on this. This is definitely a Microsoft Issue. My i7 Surface Pro 4 will no longer work with Miracast or any wireless display adapter, no matter the brand. My newer Dell laptop works fine with any Miracast device. So this appears
    to be related to the Surface and its components.

TimBal1963, Dec 19, 2017
  4. Microsoft display adapter not working on non miracast laptop

Does your device have the graphics drivers? It should be available on the Intel Website.

RoasterMen, Dec 19, 2017
Thema:

Microsoft display adapter not working on non miracast laptop

1. Microsoft display adapter not working on non miracast laptop - Similar Threads - Microsoft display adapter

2. Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter: I bought a Microsoft wireless display adapter to connect my Lenovo T14 Win10 ThinkPad to a new external monitor. When I turn the monitor on with the adapter connected, the screen displays MSDisplayAdapter_37 Ready to connect. On my laptop, I see MSDisplayAdapter_37 in the...
  3. Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter: I bought a Microsoft wireless display adapter to connect my Lenovo T14 Win10 ThinkPad to a new external monitor. When I turn the monitor on with the adapter connected, the screen displays MSDisplayAdapter_37 Ready to connect. On my laptop, I see MSDisplayAdapter_37 in the...
  4. Cannot connect to Microsoft Miracast Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Older Microsoft display adapters The non 4k ones and Roku TCL Tv's no longer working with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Microsoft display adapters The non 4k ones and Roku TCL Tv's no longer working with...: I am trying to troubleshoot why both at home and at work I can connect certain laptops completely fine to a new 4k Microsoft wireless display adapter The latest version but not the older non 4k versions or a Roku TCL tv. The issue is as follows:ALL devices are seen in the...
  6. Non WiFI Enabled PC - Need Adapter that supports MiraCast

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Non WiFI Enabled PC - Need Adapter that supports MiraCast: I have a non-wifi enabled Windows 10 PC and I bought the following adapter to make it WiFi enabled: realtek pcie gbe family controller I have an LG Wireless adapted TV that I want to mirror my screen onto Unfortunately, I have done WIN + R dxdiag and found that the...
  7. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Not Working on Lenova laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Not Working on Lenova laptop: I have a Surface Book 2, and an Android phone that works great with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. However, my Lenovo P50 running WIN 10 will recognize the device but will no connect to it and eventually errors out. When installing the Microsoft Wireless Display...
  8. Display Adapter Not Working

Display Adapter Not Working: I have an NVIDIA 920M it always gives Error (43) i tried everything in the fourms like uninstall and reinstall but it crashes my device. -Tried Updating. -Tried Disabling and Enabling. -Tried Updating SBIOS. -Tried Using the NVIDIA Software. -Tried Windows Trouble...
  9. Miracast not working on AMD laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Miracast not working on AMD laptop: I am using an HP AMD Pavilion g6 laptop (kill me now) and I am trying to wirelessly cast my screen to my Samsung 6 Series TV. The TV supports WiFi Direct. When I press WinKey + K and select my TV, it says "Connecting" and then "Disconnecting" followed by a few screen flashes....
  10. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter (Miracast) Problems?

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter (Miracast) Problems?: Haven't found other threads dealing with this, but I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to get my wireless display adapter working properly in Win10 (worked great with my Surface Pro 3 with Win 8.1 - I'm on Win 10 build 9926 at the moment). Symptom: I can Win+P to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will a laptop that does not support miracast work with a microsoft display adapter dongle?