Windows 10: Microsoft Edge and CCleaner (v5.42.6499).

Discus and support Microsoft Edge and CCleaner (v5.42.6499). in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use W10 and IE10 and Firefox, not Edge. Just recently found CCleaner now skips IE Temp Int Files, History and Cookies. Reverted to earlier version,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JW05, May 24, 2018.

1. JW05 Win User

Microsoft Edge and CCleaner (v5.42.6499).

I use W10 and IE10 and Firefox, not Edge. Just recently found CCleaner now skips IE Temp Int Files, History and Cookies. Reverted to earlier version, same.
    A Google search suggested this could be due to something running in the background. Looking in Task Manager, I found IE and Firefox do not show unless actually in use. However Edge constantly shows in background processes. Initially tried renaming the Edge file in This PC > System Apps –no effect. Then Settings > Privacy> Background apps > Microsoft Edge > OFF – no effect.
    The only thing which works is going into Task Manager everytime > Microsoft Edge (5 entries) > End Task.
    Is there any way to permanently disable Edge as I believe it is not recommended (or possible?) to remove it?
    Only got to this point by trial and error, rather than knowledge.
    Thanks for any help.

:)

2. How to clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge?

Hello

CCLeaner cannot yet clean the cache of Microsoft Edge. You can clean your browsing data by following these steps.

• Open Microsoft Edge
    • Click on the three little dots on the top right corner
    • Under Clear Browsing Data click on Choose what to clear
    • Then make sure Cache is checked
    • Click on Clear
    If you don;'t understand exactly what I mean
    then see this post
    for a detailed step by step instruction with images.

Hope it helps you!

Yuri

Yuri Pustjens, May 29, 2018
  3. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge and CCleaner (v5.42.6499).

1. Microsoft Edge and CCleaner (v5.42.6499). - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge CCleaner

2. CCleaner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CCleaner: when I select Ccleaner it's too big for the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ccleaner/4d3f2c1b-8d6b-4184-bd8d-d2ce7a44e72d
  3. MS Edge Chromium and CCleaner

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Chromium and CCleaner: Not recognized, tried adding Custom Location in ini file but didn't work, anyone have it working? 147377
  4. Microsoft Store was deleted with CCleaner

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store was deleted with CCleaner: I accidentally deleted the Microsoft Store with CCleaner, along with a bunch of other preinstalled apps. Is there any way I can get them back without paying or reinstalling Windows? (I'm using a standard account and I don't know the admin password, so anything that would...
  5. Mandatory Profile (.v5)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mandatory Profile (.v5): Hi Has anyone successfully got mandatory profiles working with Windows 10 (currently running Win10 Enterprise 1511). Essentially, I have it 99% of the way there, but whilst the start bar is clickable (which it previously wasn't), it now shows a blank start menu - ignoring...
  6. CCleaner Wants to Close Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CCleaner Wants to Close Edge: I'm not using Edge but I am using IE 11. Any idea why CCleaner wants to close Edge ever time I run the cleaner?? If I'm not using it why is it open? James 47521
  7. CCleaner needs to close microsoft edge and internet explorer?

CCleaner needs to close microsoft edge and internet explorer?: I ran CCleaner today (Great program by the way!), like I do every couple weeks, and it said that edge and internet explorer needed to close to finish. Thing is, I use neither. So Do they auto run in the background? How can I keep them from starting? 24555
  8. CCleaner

CCleaner: What is you guys opinion on this program? I bought the professional version and have used CCleaner for many years but I feel like its beginning to make a small difference on my computer... the cleaning isnt as good as it used to be many years ago... what do you guys think,...
  9. Ccleaner

Ccleaner: Each time I log into my user profile, Ccleaner asks for permissions to run. How can I stop this? Note: I could probably go to Google and research this problem, but I always like to hear something from this forum as I trust you guys and your solutions as they always...
  10. Ccleaner or ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ccleaner or ?: Is Ccleaner the only tool you can clean your Windows 10 with(not registry)safely? I have Bitdefender Total Security 2018, can I use the optimizer build in that product? I am not a techie so what software out there can I use? [img] 91807

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ccleaner v 5.42

2. when i run ccleaner why are always files in Edge when i dont use edge