Windows 10: Microsoft Edge and IE11 better together in Windows 10 Anniv. Update

Discus and support Microsoft Edge and IE11 better together in Windows 10 Anniv. Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge is built from the ground up to improve productivity, to be more secure, and to correctly, quickly, and reliably render web pages. While... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 18, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft Edge and IE11 better together in Windows 10 Anniv. Update

Source: Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 are even better together in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Brink, May 18, 2016
  2. mkdr Win User

Edge is still unusable on touch/tablet devices, 9 months after Windows 10 release, seriously Microsoft? And they need months for adding tiny little nonsense stuff, which a single person can program in hours.

:)

3. RSS feeds not working in IE 11

Microsoft Edge is the default browser in Windows 10 operating system which is built-in.
    While Internet Explorer 11 is the latest version of Internet Explorer that can be use from Windows 7 and up.

In this case, we suggest you to run the RSS links with Internet Explorer 11 since they are all working fine with it.
    You may also refer to the links below to know more about Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11.

Jamille Nar, May 19, 2016
  4. LinasAToy Win User

Internet explorer 11 "stops working" with Windows 10

I uninstalled Malwarebytes but still IE11 is terrible I allays get Stop long running script and recover web page

and pages just time out!

it started effecting EDGE but I just got windows 10 creative update and EDGE seems fine and IE11 is better but still I slow page loads

it seems Microsoft is really pushing for users to use EDGE

there is a open in EDGE next to open new tab rite in IE11

LinasAToy, May 19, 2016
  5. I read all of this and try to understand how it will impact us ordinary slobs with WIN 10 Home and Pro. Will any of these "bells and whistle" features be introduced in the above versions of WIN 10? There are many of us outside of the Enterprise groups that require to be able access pages requiring IE11 ......

Geoff Daniell, May 19, 2016
  6. swarfega Win User
    I don't understand why they're pushing a supposedly dead IE.

swarfega, May 19, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, May 19, 2016
  8. swarfega Win User

Some businesses in this country aren't allowed to use third party software unless approved by the IT department.

swarfega, May 19, 2016
  9. There are plenty of places where internal sw systems were specifically developed to use IE as the UI. It is those systems that need to be now modified/replaced. Hence why the focus is on ensuring downward compatibility.

And, until Edge is enabled for extensions and add-ons, very little incentive exists for large enterprises using IE as the UI to get on with the task .

10. gtspeck Win User
    This is a step in the right direction. I agree with Geoff, until Edge allows extensions and add-on's it will stay behind others.*Rolleyes

gtspeck, May 19, 2016
  11. mkdr Win User
    Edge needs touch and fullscreen first, so it's no step back from IE11 modern UI for tablets...

12. Most Enterprises do not use tablets as the interface device, but normal desktops and PCs. ..... So while I am not saying that the above is not needed, it is not on the list of priorities for enterprises.

13. Rocky Win User

I work for Wal Mart (a little company in the USA) and we still use Windows XP on all 456,000 PCs. At out last quarterly meeting the CIO was making a big thing about transitioning to Windows 7 in the next 12 months. He even demonstrated a Windows 7 computer on stage at the Bud Walton Auditorium.

We still use Internet Explorer 8.

Rocky, May 19, 2016
  14. There is nothing stopping you from using IE in Home or Pro? Also, its called "Enterprise Mode". I didn't see anywhere where its restricted to just the Enterprise edition?

https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/...he-enterprise/

alphanumeric, May 19, 2016
  15. mkdr Win User
    Microsoft Edge and IE11 better together in Windows 10 Anniv. Update [​IMG]

That is IE11 modern UI mode... Which is lacking in Windows 10, making it a disaster for tablets.

Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge and IE11 better together in Windows 10 Anniv. Update - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge IE11

2. Microsoft Edge is getting better looking fonts on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge is getting better looking fonts on Windows 10: Microsoft Edge seems to be getting a new feature that will make the text you see on the webpage smoother, clearer, and easier to read. The feature is called “ClearType“, which is a Windows-only technology that improves the readability of texts, especially on LCD monitors. A...
  3. answers.microsoft not responding in windows 10 IE11 or edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    answers.microsoft not responding in windows 10 IE11 or edge: This pc has not been working correctly since all updates following incomplete update to v. 1909 on 1/13/2020. HP tech supposedly fixed all problems yesterday via remote control yet this morning I cannot get any response from Micros/Windows apps, programs etc. Will be amazed...
  4. Minecraft better together bug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Minecraft better together bug: I am trying to play with my friends but they do not show up in my friends tab on Minecraft. They can't accept my invites. This even when they try it themselves. I also can't receive invites from some of them. What do I do to fix this?...
  5. enabling java script on windows 10 microsoft edge and ie11 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    enabling java script on windows 10 microsoft edge and ie11 laptop: Please tell me how I can enable java script on my windows 10 home, Microsoft edge and ie11 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enabling-java-script-on-windows-10-microsoft-edge/7a58d5e0-f623-4270-95c8-9fb890080692
  6. IE11 vs. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 vs. Edge: Does anyone know of a good source that explains the difference between IE11 and Edge? Pretty much all I've gathered is that Edge isn't as compatible with as many web-sites as IE11. Why the introduction of a new browser? Why isn't it more compatible? 48979
  7. IE11 and Edge Broken After Recent Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    IE11 and Edge Broken After Recent Windows Updates: Yesterday I was forced to reboot my computer as MS installed some Windows Updates. After the reboot I can no longer access google.com's main page and some other https site like my companies Citrix Storefront login page. These all worked before the forced update. There were 2...
  8. is it me or is ie11 better than edge?

in Browsers and Email
    is it me or is ie11 better than edge?: edge seems massively dumbed down, very bare options configuration compared to IE11. From what I can see all of the following are missing. No options to toggle tls 1.1 1.0 1.2 etc. No options to toggle gpu acceleration No options to set file cache location (I like to...
  9. Minecraft - Better Together Update is now live

in Windows 10 News
    Minecraft - Better Together Update is now live: 5nWMr2njHiA The big day is finally here! It’s probably the most significant update we’ve made in Minecraft’s recent history - we’re releasing a new version of the game that lets players on Xbox, mobile, VR, and Windows 10 play together! And not only that! It lets...
  10. Better battery life with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Better battery life with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Creators Update: There’s a good chance you’ve noticed that Microsoft Edge and other popular browsers have recently been focused on improving battery life. We’ve been paying particular attention to this with Windows 10, and the response has been great. Windows users spend more than half their...