Windows 10: microsoft edge and search box not working

Discus and support microsoft edge and search box not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All was working a couple of days ago, now today I can not access edge. double click nothing, went to task bar and cannot enter anything into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hjr007, Aug 25, 2015.

1. hjr007 Win User

microsoft edge and search box not working

All was working a couple of days ago, now today I can not access edge. double click nothing, went to task bar and cannot enter anything into the "Search the web and windows"
    then went to windows icon and do not see/get the apps
    What has happened?

Tried to get to updates but now I cannot find them..

I have shut down a couple of times but nothing.

What can I do t resolve

:)

hjr007, Aug 25, 2015

2. Microsoft Cortana not using default browser when doing a Bing search

I tried everything I can think of and every fix I found on the web for both Microsoft Edge menu items not working and Microsoft Cortana not using Google Chrome to display search results. Nothing worked. After Resetting Microsoft Edge, a pop up box displayed
    saying I had a new extension. Nothing I clicked on in the pop-up box worked. I do not know how but I somehow reset Microsoft Cortana. When I did the first search through Microsoft Cortana, a pop up box came up asking me how I wanted to open the results. The
    Only Two Options Were Microsoft Edge and searched the app store. Apparently Microsoft will not let you use anything but Microsoft Edge with Cortana. So right now I am unable to do searches with Cortana. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

William Kochevar, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Start menu, search box, and edge all stopped working this morning.......are we all just waiting on a fix?

Hi,

Windows 10: Start Menu, Cortana, Settings, etc. not responding

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window
    Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Aug 25, 2015
  4. AddRAM Win User

You should have at least downloaded and installed Chrome by now.

Try to reset Windows 10 1st, see if that resolves the issues.

If you have upgraded to Windows 10 and you`ve confirmed it`s activated, you could also do a clean install. It should take care of all your problems. ( Last resort )

Backup all your data first, and of course you will have to re install your programs.

Attachment 33873

AddRAM, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

1. microsoft edge and search box not working - Similar Threads - microsoft edge search

2. Speech to text only works with Edge search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech to text only works with Edge search box: There's a little box down near the bottom of the page with a microphone icon. Suddenly, today, that box no longer works because it keeps saying I'm not connected to the Internet- I am. However, when I click on the microphone in the Edge search box, it works fine. No...
  3. Speech to text only works with Edge search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speech to text only works with Edge search box: There's a little box down near the bottom of the page with a microphone icon. Suddenly, today, that box no longer works because it keeps saying I'm not connected to the Internet- I am. However, when I click on the microphone in the Edge search box, it works fine. No...
  4. Search boxes not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search boxes not working: Hi guys. I just did a clean install of my system and for some reason none of the search boxes let me type. Such as: settings, start, mail and other windows apps. I can type just fine on non windows applications though. Can someone please help because I cant even open apps...
  5. Search boxes not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search boxes not working: Hi guys. I just did a clean install of my system and for some reason none of the search boxes let me type. Such as: settings, start, mail and other windows apps. I can type just fine on non windows applications though. Can someone please help because I cant even open apps...
  6. search box not working

in Cortana
    search box not working: hi,i really hope if someone can help me because i am sec and tired trying find files, apps, ... and i have my search box there but not working unfortantly.i tryed every solution possible in the internet and nothing work for me.the Version of système d’exploitation :...
  7. search box not working

in Cortana
    search box not working: i cannot use the search box. when i click on it, the search box area turns into a black box for some time then goes away on its own. i tried searching for solutions on web, though they didn't work. please help i am using windows 10....
  8. The search box is not working

in Cortana
    The search box is not working: When I turn on the turn box either by click at bottom left or Windows + Q, the search box just freezes and my mouse pointer displays some loading symbol, sometimes it even leads to a crash to BSOD. I have tried all the solutions on this link...
  9. Search box not working

in Cortana
    Search box not working: I would like to declare that I have already tried all top search google fixes and any of it worked for me so far. I tried services.msc and the restarting, killing and restarting cortana process in the task manager, using cmd commands. I failed with that fix: ( Get-AppXPackage...
  10. Search Box Vanished In Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Search Box Vanished In Edge: Hi, Been using Edge browser since it first became available, with little or no problems......but this is doing my head in....the search box has disappeared from the new tab page, I am running two laptops, both with exactly the same settings....one still shows the search box,...