Windows 10: Microsoft Edge and Web Components

Discus and support Microsoft Edge and Web Components in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Editor’s note: This is part two of a two-part series on Web Components by Microsoft Edge engineers Travis Leithead and Arron Eicholz. To read more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft Edge and Web Components

Source: Microsoft Edge and Web Components | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

:)

Brink, Jul 15, 2015
  2. QuentinW Win User

How can I change the default browser that Continue on PC opens?

Unfortunately, this is not a problem with windows components, as there is no corruption or integrity issues with any system files.

This seems more like Microsoft hard-coding it to use Edge. I have tested it across several PC's, all with their Default Browser set to something other than Edge. (Either Firefox, Chrome, or any other web browser, including forcing it to use the older Internet
    Explorer simply as a test. It still opens in Edge.)

QuentinW, Jul 15, 2015
  3. Dundonald Win User
    Microsoft Edge

ignore the answer from the above "Microsoft" employee.

On the phone, you do not have both Edge and IE11. you have IE11 on WP8, and you have Edge on W10 mobile.

that's it.

Can you assist me with accessing a website on EDGE that I can access on IE11. It is the IP address of my surveillance camera DVR which requires addition of a plug in from Web Components and that seems to be the problem with EDGE. I have no problem with IE11
    or Foxfire but no success with EDGE

Dundonald, Jul 15, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User

I'm still reading Part One.

Rocky, Jul 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge and Web Components - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Web

2. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: The only web browser that works on my computer is microsoft edge. Any other web browsers such as fire fox and google chrome do not work anymore. they open for a split second and then close. I have tried re-installing the web browser, checking for malware with malware bytes,...
  3. Introducing web capture for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing web capture for Microsoft Edge: Since the release of the new Microsoft Edge, we have heard a lot of feedback about missing the web notes tool that allowed you to capture and mark up content across the web. Frankly, we’ve missed it too! But first, we wanted to make it better. While web notes was...
  4. Introducing Web Authentication in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Web Authentication in Microsoft Edge: Today, we are happy to introduce support for the Web Authentication specification in Microsoft Edge, enabling better, more secure user experiences and a passwordless experience on the web. With Web Authentication, Microsoft Edge users can sign in with their face,...
  5. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web: Hello All. I have used this form for many answers but this is my first request for help. Hope I am in the right category, here goes. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web I keep getting this... [img] Microsoft Edge Windows 10. Cannot connect to the...
  6. Microsoft Edge - Incompatibility with Outlook Web App

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Incompatibility with Outlook Web App: Hi All My staff currently use the OWA when they connect to our server remotely via Juniper . Windows 10, in conjunction with the outlook web app and Microsoft Edge, seem to dissalow the attachments of items within an e-mail. When I open an e-mail, click on attach,...
  7. Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge: Starting with the most recent Windows Insider Preview release (build 14.14342), Web Notifications are enabled by default in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 PCs and tablets. This feature will be available to all Microsoft Edge customers in EdgeHTML 14, coming this summer with the...
  8. Bringing componentization to the web: An overview of Web Components

in Windows 10 News
    Bringing componentization to the web: An overview of Web Components: Editor’s note: This is part one of a two-part series by Microsoft Edge engineers Travis Leithead and Arron Eicholz. Part two will be coming tomorrow, July 15th. Four of our five most-requested platform features on UserVoice (Shadow DOM, Template, Custom Elements, HTML...
  9. Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge: How to: Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge How to Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...
  10. Building a more interoperable Web with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Building a more interoperable Web with Microsoft Edge: Over the past year the Microsoft Edge team has been hard at work on a new browser engine that will be better than ever at correctly, quickly, and reliably rendering the Web. As a user, your favorite web sites will just work, and as a web developer, you will find that...