Windows 10: Microsoft Edge any good?

Discus and support Microsoft Edge any good? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; HI folks just a quick question, at the moment my internet browser is Microsoft Edge and I feel is becoming slow, I am wondering if I need to replace... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gremar, Feb 14, 2017.

1. gremar Win User

Microsoft Edge any good?

HI folks just a quick question, at the moment my internet browser is Microsoft Edge and I feel is becoming slow,
    I am wondering if I need to replace it with google chrome. What you guys think?
    Thanks for the reply

:)

gremar, Feb 14, 2017

2. Microsoft Edge not loading any webpages.

I have changed my network from Public to Private and still am experiencing the same issue.

Shawn.McLaughlin(), Feb 14, 2017
  3. Microsoft Edge not loading any webpages.

Unfortunately neither of these options solved the issue.

Shawn.McLaughlin(), Feb 14, 2017
  4. z3r010 Win User

Microsoft Edge any good?

Stick with Chrome, Edge is far to immature yet.

z3r010, Feb 14, 2017
  5. On all my systems I have Edge
    All are fast
    No Chrome anywhere on any of my systems

hTconeM9user, Feb 14, 2017
  6. don't get me started on edge...as the admin said its too immature. it does have a lot of hiccups. I alternate by using multiple browsers on my pc. maxthon, chrome, firefox, opera, palemoon, citrio, uc web.. out of these I would go with (1) chrome followed by (2) citrio and then uc web not many I know -know about most of these browsers yet.

Pathfinder, Feb 15, 2017
  7. pparks1 Win User
    It all boils down to personal preference.

I switched to Chrome years ago because it had the best synchronization of bookmarks which were all saved in the cloud. So, no matter if I was at work, or at home, I had all of my bookmarks wherever I went.

Chrome is also supported on Windows, Mac, Linux and Android. So, it supports my needs better.

Use whatever browser you want, just because Chrome fits my needs well doesn't mean that you should use it.

pparks1, Feb 15, 2017
  8. Edwin New Member

Microsoft Edge any good?

I find Edge still doesn't incorporate the features and abilities that a real client browser should.
    Chrome and Firefox are still tops in my book, however, with Chrome and Firefox increasingly dumping support for various add-ons and plugins, Vivaldi Browser may be worth a peek at.

Edwin, Feb 15, 2017
  9. gremar Win User
    OK thank you I think i have made my mind now, after installing chrome i notice the difference
    but I’ve heart that I won’t receive windows update since I am not using Microsoft explorer is that price to pay worth it?

gremar, Feb 15, 2017
  10. Winuser Win User
    You will still receive updates.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge any good?

1. Microsoft Edge any good? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge

2. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  3. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  4. Does microsoft edge have a built in VPN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does microsoft edge have a built in VPN?: I read online that edge has a vpn but is limited to 500 meggbites if edge has a vpn is there away to get more data usage on the vpn. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-edge-have-a-built-in-vpn/f72494d4-c8e6-4aac-95f4-01547bef4eb7
  5. Does microsoft edge have a built in VPN?

Does microsoft edge have a built in VPN?: I read online that edge has a vpn but is limited to 500 meggbites if edge has a vpn is there away to get more data usage on the vpn. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-edge-have-a-built-in-vpn/f72494d4-c8e6-4aac-95f4-01547bef4eb7
  6. "To finish updating, restart Microsoft Edge." in a loop!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "To finish updating, restart Microsoft Edge." in a loop!: My updated 64-bit W10 Pro.'s 64-bit Edge v122.0.2365.80 won't upgrade to v123. Everytime I restart Edge from the update, it quickly say the same thing at edge://settings/help screen. I rebooted W10 too.What's wrong? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :...
  7. "To finish updating, restart Microsoft Edge." in a loop!

"To finish updating, restart Microsoft Edge." in a loop!: My updated 64-bit W10 Pro.'s 64-bit Edge v122.0.2365.80 won't upgrade to v123. Everytime I restart Edge from the update, it quickly say the same thing at edge://settings/help screen. I rebooted W10 too.What's wrong? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :...
  8. How to Get Rid of Smoothed Edges in Microsoft Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Get Rid of Smoothed Edges in Microsoft Apps: When using apps such as Word and Excel, the edges around buttons, text boxes, the ribbon, and tabs in excel are all smoothed or "rounded" as opposed to having square or "sharp" edges. Does anyone know how to disable the smoothed edges and revert to square edges?Interestingly...
  9. How to Get Rid of Smoothed Edges in Microsoft Apps

How to Get Rid of Smoothed Edges in Microsoft Apps: When using apps such as Word and Excel, the edges around buttons, text boxes, the ribbon, and tabs in excel are all smoothed or "rounded" as opposed to having square or "sharp" edges. Does anyone know how to disable the smoothed edges and revert to square edges?Interestingly...
  10. How to fix Error 403 message or ‘Crowdsearch’ in Microsoft Edge search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Error 403 message or ‘Crowdsearch’ in Microsoft Edge search bar?: My search bar for Microsoft edge was working fine until today. Everytime I search up something a 403 error message appears or a site called CrowdSearch appears. How can I quickly solve this? I can’t search anything without these two appearing?...