Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Browser Keeps Losing Users Despite Windows 10 Push

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Browser Keeps Losing Users Despite Windows 10 Push in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; +1 +1 +1.. yup.. I would have thought that they could have had a much better product right from the start. And I would have thought that MS would have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Sumit Dhiman, Jan 3, 2016.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Microsoft Edge Browser Keeps Losing Users Despite Windows 10 Push

+1.. yup.. I would have thought that they could have had a much better product right from the start. And I would have thought that MS would have cut the ties with the update process between the OS and the browser by now. Limiting the updates that occur with the browser never worked in the past and what makes them think it's still a good idea.,

Let the browser people get to do updates when they're ready rather than waiting for OS updates.

My 2c

BunnyJ, Jan 4, 2016
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi here

while I have reservations about Edge - I don't think the Back navigation is any problem

For example from The BBC -- I click on the topic shown in the ist screenshot

the second screen shot shows the linked to topic

when you click on the back arrow you get the page you linked from -- so AFAIK navigation works fine.

Microsoft Edge Browser Keeps Losing Users Despite Windows 10 Push [​IMG]

clicking on the back arrow again gives you the Home page.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 4, 2016
  3. I think people are saying that they don't get a drop-down list of the tab's history (like in other browsers).

lehnerus2000, Jan 5, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

That's really neat. I didn't know you could do that - but so you can (in IE anyway, not Edge of course...).

All these years I've just been clicking back, back, back....

Thanks *Smile

5. YEP..that lack of ability to Navigate back to a SPECIFIC page without doing the click, click, click is a huge deal breaker when it comes to using Edge. Almost all browsers have had this ability for at least 10 years. That's why I say that Edge must have been developed by a team of 5th graders. Also, many websites have Ad cookies which prevent you from clicking back page by page. We've all encountered websites where the BACK button seems to stop working. It's because you hit a page that has a cookie that prevents you from going further. The only way around is to click the back button really fast 2 or 3 times. Very annoying to have to do this with a browser from big, established Microsoft! The lack of Print preview and sizing options also points to a very immature Edge development group.

AllenChicago, Jan 5, 2016
  6. zooburner Win User
    I think Edge is okay not had any freezes of crashes with it, but rarely use it.

I do worry though, Microsoft have had years of trying to get I.E. right, other browsers have always outshone it, I have no faith that the Edge/other browser way will go any better for them.. and why should I ? 20 years of experience has taught me they will carry on producing behind the times browsers.

It would be interesting to see what the market share would be if I.E. was an extra download rather than bundled and make default, i doubt we will ever know the answer to that one.

zooburner, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge Browser Keeps Losing Users Despite Windows 10 Push - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Browser

2. MICROSOFT EDGE Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MICROSOFT EDGE Browser: MICROSOFT EDGE Browser want load up. I have tryed loading up from the taskbar, start menu, and MICROSOFT MENU. Can you HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser/aa3896c1-57c7-46ee-a1df-04f2fc0da476
  3. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Why are you guys MICROSOFT forcing people to keep the microsoft edge browser and claiming that it is an absolutely necessary app to keep? Furthermore, why do you guys keep saying that without it, windows will not operate/ function properly?? Windows did not always have the...
  4. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Microsoft Edge Browser automatically installed itself on my computer. I do not want this browser, I am happy with my current browser. How can this be uninstalled in its entirety? Thanks again....
  5. Microsoft will begin pushing Windows 10’s new Edge to more users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will begin pushing Windows 10’s new Edge to more users: The era of the traditional Microsoft Edge will come to an end for consumers and businesses in the coming months. In January, Microsoft announced that Chromium Edge will replace the classic Edge, which uses Microsoft’s own EdgeHTML to render pages, and Microsoft recently...
  6. Search opens Edge despite default browser not being Edge.

in Cortana
    Search opens Edge despite default browser not being Edge.: If I click the Start button on my keyboard and start typing, the start menu is eventually going to show me a "Best Match". If I click the "Best Match" when it's a website, Edge will start, loading Bing results for whatever I've entered as a search term. Three things wrong...
  7. Microsoft Edge keeps losing ALL Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge keeps losing ALL Favorites: It’s getting very frustrating, as Microsoft Edge, in a frequency that is increasing day-by-day loses all Favorites. I have been backing up my Favorites quite frequently using a robocopy script, which follows OPTION 2 of this excellent tutorial. Since version 1803 Microsoft...
  8. Microsoft Pushing More Engineers to Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Pushing More Engineers to Edge: Avast looks nasty for me.. (The anti-virus) But how good is the Avast secure Browser? :P can you run it on Linux to? xD
  9. Microsoft building new browser as part of Windows 10 push

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft building new browser as part of Windows 10 push: There's been talk for a while that Microsoft was going to make some big changes to Internet Explorer in the Windows 10 time frame, making IE "Spartan" look and feel more like Chrome and Firefox. Thomas Nigro, a Microsoft Student Partner lead and developer of the modern...
  10. Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10: This morning, Joe Belfiore took to the stage at Build 2015 to share more about the next chapter in our story for Windows 10, including revealing more about “Project Spartan,” our new default browser for Windows. We’re excited to share Joe’s announcement that Project...